Official "Red Dead Redemption" post...The GTA of the wild west

Originally Posted by toine2983

[h1]Yes, there are cannibals in Red Dead Redemption. They like to nom on little boys.
[/h1]
laugh.gif

I've slept on this game. A friend of mine told me about me, and I looked up info/videos yesterday. It looks
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mister916

I wish the free roam was more than 16 players though.

Wait. So in Free Roam there is a max of 16 players only? 8 to your posse and 8 other random heads?

So you cant run around and interact with the thousands of players who are on?

sick.gif

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Wait. So in Free Roam there is a max of 16 players only? 8 to your posse and 8 other random heads?

sick.gif
Yup, very dissapointing. But I think there will be CPU posses though. I'm not very sure about that.

If anyone isnt going to pre-order this I saw that Kmart is offering a $15 gaming coupon with the purchase that you can use for a future game.

Originally Posted by eteam o2

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

Anywhere to cop for less than retail? I'm not trying to drop $65 right now. If not I'm going to trade in all these wii games collecting dust.

not exactly less than retail but amazon offers a $20 Gift Card with a purchase + free shipping and for most no tax...

wal-mart has the same deal, and since wal-mart sells everything I guess the $20 gift card is as good as cash. this is wal-mart online, not in store.

NY Times reviews RDR
The leading edge of interactive media has a new face. It is filthy, crudely scarred and belongs to John Marston, the protagonist of Red Dead Redemption, the sprawling and sublime new western from Rockstar Games.
http://
Blackmailed in 1911 by unscrupulous federal agents into hunting down his former comrades in Dutch van Der Linde’s notorious gang, Marston straddles more than the border between Mexico and the United States. He also stands between the Old West and modernity — between the celebration of the individual and the collective requirements of organized society — as he tries to salvage a family life from the smoldering legacy of his criminal past. Along the way, he and his creators conjure such a convincing, cohesive and enthralling reimagination of the real world that it sets a new standard for sophistication and ambition in electronic gaming.

Like our own, the world of Red Dead Redemption — its cantinas, dusty arroyos, railway stations and cragged peaks — is one in which good does not always prevail and yet altruism rarely goes unrewarded. This is a violent, unvarnished, cruel world of sexism and bigotry, yet one that abounds with individual acts of kindness and compassion. Like our own, this is a complex world of ethical range and subtlety where it’s not always clear what the right thing is. This is a world where revenge often tastes not sweet but bitter, like the dregs at the bottom of a mug long since drained. (If all this reminds you of Sam Peckinpah, and in particular of “The Wild Bunch,

just reserved mine today at gamestop. traded in super mario galaxy and batman: aa (bought off craigslist for $15). got credit for $40 toward RDR. traded a bunch of  old games, got about $45.00 credit. got the game for basically free
pimp.gif

real iffy about that whole 16 players in free roam
grin.gif

wouldve been instant cop if more than 30 or 40 wouldve been included

Originally Posted by AlanDutch

grin.gif

single player still look epic though..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Saw the commercial for the game and it got me interested. Im not really that good at games like these, but I really want to play this. Looks really good.

grin.gif

To be real, It would have been great but after playing GTA4 16 can get hectic. I know the environment is bigger but watch after you get in contact with one person, the posse will stalk you and epic battles will commence

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

sick.gif

co sign... i thought your posse will be able to just ride around and ambush random posse's...

Originally Posted by FallenGodofWar

grin.gif

To be real, It would have been great but after playing GTA4 16 can get hectic. I know the environment is bigger but watch after you get in contact with one person, the posse will stalk you and epic battles will commence

+ im pretty sure they wont just spawn everybody at opposite corners of the map...16 is more than enough

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Originally Posted by FallenGodofWar

grin.gif

+ im pretty sure they wont just spawn everybody at opposite corners of the map...16 is more than enough

Hopefully they fixed that from GTA4. I hated hopping in a game and start off in the Bronx and everyone is in freaking Jersey smh (can't remember the game names so I used real life equivalents)

Back
Top Bottom