Official Reebok Blacktop & Battleground Pump Thread With Releases Dates And More...UPDATE BATTLEGROU

With the Blacktop line to return in 2014 I figured now was a good time to get this started. The Blacktop line started in 1991 and included pump and non pump shoes. Reebok had Nike rushing to come up with an answer which would go on to be the Nike Air Raid. You can't mention a Blacktop Reebok shoe and not mention Sinbad, here are some fliks and video.

Check out an exclusive first look at the BATTLEGROUND II RETRO for Spring of 2015!!!

http://www.defynewyork.com/2014/07/20/first-look-the-reebok-battleground-pump-ii-retro-spring-2015/

View media item 1089018

http://www.defynewyork.com/2013/12/30/reebok-battleground-ii-pump-2014-retro-release-dates/

View media item 718923

View media item 718927
View media item 718933
Reebok Boulevard Retro 5/9/2014

View media item 719082
View media item 719084

http://www.defynewyork.com/2011/09/05/reebok-blacktop-line-1991-x-sinbad-lets-get-a-re-retro/

View media item 718393
View media item 718391

Last edited:
brands def felt the heat from each other wasnt just nike running the pack,correct me if im wrong but didnt reebok start using the blue icey sole on the  questions before JB?

anyway that "for outdoor use only" was so ill tho.....these are big and funky so appropriate for their time. but i still like the raids more.

still a cool shoe tho.

Last edited:
^^Thats a good question. As far as who used the heavily blue tinted soles I'd lean more towards Nike and Jordan. The Columbia Blue XI's had a pretty blue sole although not as blue as the Iverson's. Then there was the Nike Flight 96 that was closer to the Questions sole but I'm not certain which released first

It's good to know that Reebok is finally bringing back the blacktops. I had quite a few pairs back in the day.

Last edited:
unfortunately these will probably not sell too well at 125.

the design is just way too out there

are they going to re retro the battleground pump?

now THAT shoe id pay retail or close to retail for

the white/black/green colorway

Last edited:
Really lookin forward to these , love the blacktop line. Hopefully the shape is ok , thats my biggest concern with reebok retros.
Cant wait to see the gear! bring it Tre !:smokin

A Must Cop For Me...Had These As A Kid And The Sinbad Commercials Was Too Funny & Brought Back Hella Memories!!!

brands def felt the heat from each other wasnt just nike running the pack,correct me if im wrong but didnt reebok start using the blue icey sole on the questions before JB?
The first blue tinted outsole was indeed the one on the Question, but the first translucent outsole was created for Jordan V, way before the Question .

I am really happy that the Battleground lll is dropping, at least 2 of the OG colorways, and the price is surprise for me, I was expecting at least $135, so $125 with coupons will come down to around $100.
Not happy for the Boulevard though, why are they messing with the colorways its just something I can never get. They are doing the same to the Swingman, why can't the original look be preserved, be different Reebok, don't be Nike/JB!

The first blue tinted outsole was indeed the one on the Question, but the first translucent outsole was created for Jordan V, way before the Question .

I am really happy that the Battleground lll is dropping, at least 2 of the OG colorways, and the price is surprise for me, I was expecting at least $135, so $125 with coupons will come down to around $100.
Not happy for the Boulevard though, why are they messing with the colorways its just something I can never get. They are doing the same to the Swingman, why can't the original look be preserved, be different Reebok, don't be Nike/JB!

I'm pretty sure the Concord XI released before the Question, and the sole on those was a clear blue. Not as blue as the Columbia XI, but certainly blue nonetheless.

peace,
J

Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me, but I thought the XI's outsole was just translucent with no blue tint at all, isn't that the major complaint about the latest releases, JB changing it to blue translucent outsole to supposedly fighting the ''yellowing'' effect?

Are these an upcomin retro ?
Nope, not any time soon.

Hopefully they are gonna retro these
And no for these too, Battleground l and ll will not retro this year, same for the Boulevard l and ll.

With the Blacktop line to return in 2014 I figured now was a good time to get this started. The Blacktop line started in 1991 and included pump and non pump shoes. Reebok had Nike rushing to come up with an answer which would go on to be the Nike Air Raid. You can't mention a Blacktop Reebok shoe and not mention Sinbad, here are some fliks and video.

I am not sure I can believe Defynewyork, they seem pretty off on their latest release information.

Last edited:
tre and jshortt are smart guys so if they say the 11s beat the questions to the punch  i will take it,but i think for some of older heads the blue icey soles will always remain with the question.

when i think of the columbia 11s i think a very very light blue almost clear.but the questions more of a sky blue.

thats sux imo
frown.gif

if reebok not gonna retro the boulevard 1 and 2

blue sole or not the questions copied the jordan xi

one of the few rare occasions that a classic was born off imitating another classic

the fila hill 1 is another that comes to mind copying the jordan ix

id like to know which was the first shoe to have gumsole

i remember some old models of reebok takedown versions of pumps(shoes with a basketball on the tongue that was flat but puffy and not a pump valve) having gumsole in the way early 90's

tre and jshortt are smart guys so if they say the 11s beat the questions to the punch  i will take it,but i think for some of older heads the blue icey soles will always remain with the question.

when i think of the columbia 11s i think a very very light blue almost clear.but the questions more of a sky blue.

trentbg trentbg Yeah the OG Concords had the clear ice blue tinted sole. The Columbia's had a true deep Carolina blue tinted clear sole. It wasn't until the 2000 retros that they changed it to the clear gum. And they did the Columbia retros a real disservice by messing with the soles. Ruined the whole balance and flow of the shoe. I may have a scan of the ad for the Concords from 96 where you can see the sole. I'll try to dig it up.

The reason all the Jordan heads are getting their jimmies rustled now is because the OG V's and VI's had a true clear sole and now Jordan is making everything ice blue, no matter what the model is.

peace,
J

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom