Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

Am I the only one that hates Hyperfuse?
no, you're not.  i can't stand the cheap looking hyperfuse.  i will not be buying the IX if they are hyperfuse.  so long lebron line.
mad.gif

flywire and hyperfuse, that's all we will see in the future with nike.  cheap looking garbage.  i'm already over both of them.  i miss real leather shoes of the 80's and 90's. 

Originally Posted by mastergrim8

$5 is for the reduce in quality leather or maybe its $5 for removing the 360 air bag...or maybe nike is just freaking greedy
I mean the Lebron 9s are going to be a beast, no doubt about it, but 165 for a shoe that isn't going to be aesthetically appealing is pissing a lot of people off that actually want it for ball.

lebron shoes will increase in price until were paying 190-200 retail.   just bet thats going to happen.

there pushing the envelope and i will wait for these to hit outlets. The lebron line is going back to the way it was before the 7s and after the 4s. The 5s and 6s were good balling shoes but not very appealing to the public. But that price that their pushing is just too much.

Originally Posted by violetuniverse91

i might very well be done w lbj.

im thinking the same thing after reading that description, they already sound extra gimmicky, why would i want "storytelling" as part of the description for a shoe

Originally Posted by johnmckoolaid

Originally Posted by violetuniverse91

i might very well be done w lbj.

im thinking the same thing after reading that description, they already sound extra gimmicky, why would i want "storytelling" as part of the description for a shoe
i already have one foot out the door.  not only with the lack of colorways they give us(see the kobe line), but also with this hyperfuse junk they are feeding us, i will look elsewhere for a top notch basketball sneaker that also has a nice looking style without looking cheap.

Originally Posted by spoonmanofthehour

no, you're not.  i can't stand the cheap looking hyperfuse.  i will not be buying the IX if they are hyperfuse.  so long lebron line.
mad.gif

flywire and hyperfuse, that's all we will see in the future with nike.  cheap looking garbage.  i'm already over both of them.  i miss real leather shoes of the 80's and 90's. 
Yup. Same here. Lighter shoes, I understand the need for them, but really? Hyperfuse? It's like they cut out a bunch of random shaped pieces on the upper of the shoe and then hit you with a price increase because of the "technology" of it. Give me my damn leather that will be durable and last. How can you charge $165 for a shoe with less materials?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Unless the design is amazing, I will not be participating in the debacle. Look at the Jordan 2011 and the Kobe line. They don't use hyperfuse and are still very light and amazing for hooping in.

I like hyperfuse just not the way they were incorporated on the V3. How accurate do these tech leaks tend to be?

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

I like hyperfuse just not the way they were incorporated on the V3. How accurate do these tech leaks tend to be?

this is what im sayin..and the black outline pic looks just like the v3...like too similar

If it has the Yeezy ankle cut then cool... I just hope it's a different pattern on the fuse. That vent look is kinda played out now.

I dont see how the price is 165 when its basically the same setup as V3 and youre not using leather?  Also its a "ballin" shoe how you gotta justify that price

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

I dont see how the price is 165 when its basically the same setup as V3 and youre not using leather?  Also its a "ballin" shoe how you gotta justify that price

Your right mr friendly NIKE MUST JUSTIFY ITS MEANS if they intend to charge 165 for a shoe with no leather ; and Nike please don't give us that inflation BULL!!!
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

More and more money for less and less shoe. Meanwhile, Lebron cherry picks the best colorways and ensures they don't release.

Is it any wonder i haven't bought anything from JB or Nike, new or Retro,. in a little over a year.

performance monsters probably

I like the LBJ 8's but it seems this line has fallen off a little bit to me

Hope the IX's change this and I hope lebron quits bein a %%*#! about the colorways that see daylight

So basically.. the reason why we have the the 3 versions of the LeBron 8 is to move us toward the technology that will be represented in the 9... like they're trying to ween us off of leather shoes.. (if it is only 1 version and based on description given).. 
indifferent.gif

mad.gif

Yup. Same here. Lighter shoes, I understand the need for them, but really? Hyperfuse? It's like they cut out a bunch of random shaped pieces on the upper of the shoe and then hit you with a price increase because of the "technology" of it. Give me my damn leather that will be durable and last. How can you charge $165 for a shoe with less materials?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Unless the design is amazing, I will not be participating in the debacle. Look at the Jordan 2011 and the Kobe line. They don't use hyperfuse and are still very light and amazing for hooping in.
Heres the thing, 90% of the NTers that buy lebrons, buy them for the looks.
these are basketball shoes. want a casual shoe? go elsewhere.
i like where the lebron line is heading.  the VII was sick aesthetically, but the VII ps was able to stay looking good and add great performance. VIII is great is both aspects too. cant wait to try the V3 for basketball.

People will buy . Just release a hypebeast color and the rest is history. It's too easy for Nike nowadays

Originally Posted by best hands in the game

mad.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Heres the thing, 90% of the NTers that buy lebrons, buy them for the looks.
these are basketball shoes. want a casual shoe? go elsewhere.
i like where the lebron line is heading.  the VII was sick aesthetically, but the VII ps was able to stay looking good and add great performance. VIII is great is both aspects too. cant wait to try the V3 for basketball.

if you're talking to me, i didn't say i wanted a casual shoe.  i just want a great performance basketball shoe that doesn't look like cheap garbage...like the lebron VIII, version 1.  really, it's simple.
tired.gif

...and if all versions of the IX are that hyperfuse junk, i will go elsewhere.  no big deal.

Hopefully the fuse looks like the Hyperfuse because that was a good looking shoe IMO instead of the V3, which didn't look good

Originally Posted by engoi

Originally Posted by bc60997

And they increased the price by $5 more...SMH

That will happen to a lot more shoes, NIke and the other companies have to fight increasing costs.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9M19M200.htm

Yeah but the stuff they are using on shoes is also cheaper to get a produce.

Flywire- Is basically strategically placed cloth thread on shoes
Hyperfuse- Is basically strategically placed mesh cutouts

Its okay that they are going to Flywire and Hyperfuse technology but prices of 150-170 are OD for this stuff.  Retail price of the Lebron 8 V3 and Lebron 9  should be around 140 for what they are giving us.

Back
Top Bottom