Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

i think i'm in the minority when i say that these feel better than the 8's. much lighter on feet and fit me better.

need the griffey inspired pair and dunkmans in my life.

My first pair of LeBrons! I've been a Kobe guy for the last three years but finally decided to give LeBrons a shot. I've always refrained from purchasing his shoes cause I dislike him but I finally took the plunge. Loving these Freegums so far. I'm surprised by how light they feel, definitely thought they'd feel heavier. They definitely feel a little snug, probably .25 size smaller than normal sizes so if you are between sizes, go for the bigger size.

I think they look the best with red laces. I got some at Finishline for $2.49 and they are pretty much the exact same as the originals. I got the 54" length which works fine for me since I leave the top two laceholes unlaced. If you lace yours up fully, these will be too short.

Cellphone pic:
0Vba7.jpg

J RETRO 23 -

Not sure if it's the minority opinion or not, but I definitely agree with you. The lockdown on the 9 is incredible. I love those little "wings" in the middle that lace independently of the rest of the shoe. Also, the padding on the inside of the ankle is great and I hope that is used in the future as well.

Not sure if I'll get the Griffey inspired pair or Dunkmans, but I definitely plan to get a fourth pair of 9s if not more. Guess it will depend on what I think of the PS Elite.

Anybody order the Freegums from the Eastbay companies notice that it says the shoes wont ship til mid January?

Thanks for the compliments on my work. Shout out to c4 and those guys that give me the inspiration to tackle on the work. Given that they aren't up to par with their work but I'm happy with what I put together, it would be sick with a clear or gum sole. Still looking out for the BHM color way. I'll be giving the Freegums a touch up when I get them.

Welcome to the darkside kg21
happy.gif

Wish the Dunkmans were different, maybe all green, with anodized green hyperfuse a la the Weatherman KD's

Still debating if I should buy these. Something about these that make me feel iffy on coppin' these.

Freegums looking nice on feet. I think I'm going to have to copp a pair to ball in down the line when they go on sale. Will probably pick up another pair or two of the 9's, but right now I'm very pleased with my Kentuckys. Very comfy and great lockdown!Sorry if this has been asked b4 but I've been stuck in the Concord thread...any info on the WTT's? If those are going to be available
eek.gif
I'm going to have to start putting in work for those haha

Does anybody think any IX will get to "South Beach" resell value? I'm not sure what South Beaches were going for this time last year, but I think I could see Chinas getting somewhere up there.

I don't think the China's will because they don't have as much hype as the South Beaches had (people were going crazy with the pink laces), BUT the Big Bangs will do numbers like the South Beaches, Belee dat (In a Birdman Sr. Voice) 

Here we go with the LBJ haters going for the 9's and soon the Kobe bandwagon will be wearing the Lebron retros.

Originally Posted by JHes91

I don't think the China's will because they don't have as much hype as the South Beaches had (people were going crazy with the pink laces), BUT the Big Bangs will do numbers like the South Beaches, Belee dat (In a Birdman Sr. Voice) 

The South Beaches started gaining the hype IMO when Pharrell and couple of celebrities started weating them. It took a good from the time they released to the summer of 2011 to see the value go up.

The big bangs don't have the south beach type hype. They probably have a colorway that will amaze everyone, can't see it being the big bangs.

Hard to say what will. Chinas right now are going for more then south beaches we're a few weeks after release. I ordered my sb's from flight club and only paid $250 in my size 11 which is now over $1000 and I complained about the $250.

I just can't picture any of these that are out right now doing south beach numbers. Another Bron could always come out and change that. We've already had so many nice colorways drop and we probably still have another 6,7 or even 8 months of 9's to come

Originally Posted by Gex The Damaja

The big bangs don't have the south beach type hype. They probably have a colorway that will amaze everyone, can't see it being the big bangs.

The big bangs will not reach south beach level.

Every week someone foreign to the thread comes in and asks this question and the debate ensues every time.

I hope they all hit south beach numbers. Now resellers go buy multiples of every pair and sit on your stock.

Originally Posted by BigBrandon

Hard to say what will. Chinas right now are going for more then south beaches we're a few weeks after release. I ordered my sb's from flight club and only paid $250 in my size 11 which is now over $1000 and I complained about the $250.

I just can't picture any of these that are out right now doing south beach numbers. Another Bron could always come out and change that. We've already had so many nice colorways drop and we probably still have another 6,7 or even 8 months of 9's to come

BigBrandon wrote:

Every week someone foreign to the thread comes in and asks this question and the debate ensues every time.

I hope they all hit south beach numbers. Now resellers go buy multiples of every pair and sit on your stock.
1. Interesting observation. Only time will tell, I guess.

2. I'm not foreign to the thread. Just thought I'd ask a question that seems to be on everyone's mind.

Not you per say and no knock to you my man. Just this is weird to me but it seems to be a question that a lot of people ask and it looks to just be to turn a profit.

Word. It's just a question I keep asking myself (no intention of selling, ever). I wish eBay had an option where you can look up what certain products were going for on a certain day. Example: All South Beach auctions that ended on 1/2/11. I'd like to see that.

Originally Posted by xbiker47

Originally Posted by Gex The Damaja

The big bangs will not reach south beach level.

The South Beaches weren't even that "rare" when they released compared to the kd IV nerf's or weatherman's and I have a feeling the big bang's will be that rare 

Back
Top Bottom