Official Revised LeBron X Thread: Pressures Launch 11/2 Details pg. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Available on www.DNA304.com
If you make a purchase enter ICYSOLE in the notes section on paypal to be entered into a giveaway. Details on that here: http://www.icysole.com/2012/10/lebron-x-china-jade-beast-crewneck.html

**** man, those Corks might be one of my favorite Bron's ever...if not my favorite after seeing those new pics...

Too bad they probably gonna be 300+ and limited to the point of impossible...figures...

The black diamonds are almost as nice in my opinion, but not sure if those will be copped either

All the other colors aint doing it for me...i dont know why the colorways seem so weak this time around. it might just be me, but thats how i feel so far

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but when it comes to these "Corks"

I'm good with my Olympics, wake me something worth mentioning comes around.

i do agree with iheart and peru and others. there are a lot of hypebeasts on this site. there are alot of kids that like a shoe when its limited and wouldnt like the same shoe if it was a GR. i just dont feel like you can characterize the whole board because of a few NTers. thats all.

its ok to like what you want. its even ok to flip flop like i did with the IX. but whats not ok is to go crazy over a shoe that happens to be limited knowing you wouldnt trip if it were the big GR

OAN

i just dont see any other colorways that do anything for me outside of the olympics. thats a shame. they are gimmicky and uninspired. just disappointing.

Last edited:
I've said whats needed to be said about this whole LeBron X issue and their pricing. But the bigger insult is this, it seems that the Corks have a full grain leather upper, or at least some leather being used with the shoe. If the price of this shoe is going to be the same and those that are plastic, or even close to that, and those who are going crazy for the plastic shoes do not see a problem with this, then Nike has simply done an incredible job at cultivating and then controlling the minds of their core fan base.

I've said whats needed to be said about this whole LeBron X issue and their pricing. But the bigger insult is this, it seems that the Corks have a full grain leather upper, or at least some leather being used with the shoe. If the price of this shoe is going to be the same and those that are plastic, or even close to that, and those who are going crazy for the plastic shoes do not see a problem with this, then Nike has simply done an incredible job at cultivating and then controlling the minds of their core fan base.

IT'S IMPOSSIBLE THAT THE CORKS WILL BE THE SAME PRICE AS THE REGULAR VERSION AS THEY HAVE DEEMED THEM "PREMIUM". WHETHER THEY REALLY ARE OR NOT, CAN'T REALLY SAY AT THIS POINT BUT IT MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE TO DEEM IT "PREMIUM" AND KEEP THE PRICE THE SAME.

IF THAT'S THE CASE, WHY NOT MAKE THE WHOLE LINE "PREMIUM"....

IT'S IMPOSSIBLE THAT THE CORKS WILL BE THE SAME PRICE AS THE REGULAR VERSION AS THEY HAVE DEEMED THEM "PREMIUM". WHETHER THEY REALLY ARE OR NOT, CAN'T REALLY SAY AT THIS POINT BUT IT MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE TO DEEM IT "PREMIUM" AND KEEP THE PRICE THE SAME.
It seems that this is exactly what Nike is intending to do, to make the whole LeBron line the premium Nike basketball line. Kobe Bryant cannot sell a two hundred dollar shoe. No matter what anyone says here on Nike Talk, Kobe Bryant and his shoes are not that popular here in the US, but LeBron James and his line is, then has been since he came out of High School. Durant isn't going to be a premium seller either, not while in Oklahoma. But with LeBron associated with South Beach, there is a certain sex appeal to the whole thing.

It seems that this is exactly what Nike is intending to do, to make the whole LeBron line the premium Nike basketball line. Kobe Bryant cannot sell a two hundred dollar shoe. No matter what anyone says here on Nike Talk, Kobe Bryant and his shoes are not that popular here in the US, but LeBron James and his line is, then has been since he came out of High School. Durant isn't going to be a premium seller either, not while in Oklahoma. But with LeBron associated with South Beach, there is a certain sex appeal to the whole thing.

Only thing I'd like to know is when was Cork considered a "Premium" material on a shoe??? :D

Last edited:
its certainly amazing that just because i like the corks, ive been grouped into the "hypebeast" crowd and called a kid.

i sure will NOT go through hoops for them but i will try to get them. price makes a big difference to me as i have a set price i know i will pay.

red elite IXs are nice and all but i certainly wouldnt pay the price they are selling for regardless of how i got the money. 2K or whatever would go straight to something more economical.

i agree with the premium line thing. if it works, then more power to nike and its selling power.
also, i agree that kobes cant go premium. it was obvious when the elite VII didnt do well. kobes are popular in the US but i would say mainly on the west coast.
kds wont go premium because kd doesnt want that price tag on his shoes. thats why no kd iv elites came out.

If I'm getting the Corks, doing so will only be a step in acquiring the Crown Jewels at a reasonable price.

It's when a gimmick comes to life....:lol:

Since I went the personal route with the Lebron X I've been keeping an eye on the Rose 3. I am impressed and have bought all three releases so far. Awesome kick both on court and casually! Adidas has a winner in that model but I will say they F'D up MAJORLY with the laces in this shoe. They are like Wal Mart quality replacement laces, the 2.5 had WAAAAY better laces and its noticeable. Switched laces with the quickness! HA! Cork...a "Premium" material...LMAO!

its certainly amazing that just because i like the corks, ive been grouped into the "hypebeast" crowd and called a kid.
i sure will NOT go through hoops for them but i will try to get them. price makes a big difference to me as i have a set price i know i will pay.
red elite IXs are nice and all but i certainly wouldnt pay the price they are selling for regardless of how i got the money. 2K or whatever would go straight to something more economical.
i agree with the premium line thing. if it works, then more power to nike and its selling power.
also, i agree that kobes cant go premium. it was obvious when the elite VII didnt do well. kobes are popular in the US but i would say mainly on the west coast.
kds wont go premium because kd doesnt want that price tag on his shoes. thats why no kd iv elites came out.

I don't think you've been lumped in with that crowd, I could be wrong but, you haven't in my eyes. I like how the Cork shoe looks per-say but when I think of wearing it I dislike it VERY MUCH! It was reported the KD will have Elites this year, so much for that price request in that regards. I agree with you, even if I got $2000 selling one pair of Corks I got for retail I still wouldn't buy the Red Elites for $2000 because as much as we like to rationalize the thought of paying Cork retail for the Red Elite in actuality we still would've spent $2000 on them. Me personally don't like the Red Elite enough to even contemplate that thought.

Last edited:
This isn't a personal shot at anyone, but I really think it's fair to say that if the CORKS and the RED ELITES were both general releases which one would sell out and which one would just sit. Just sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom