Official Revised LeBron X Thread: Pressures Launch 11/2 Details pg. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
NIKE: Cows are an endangered species....
Word.

I don't have a problem paying for high quality materials, as even my favorite dress shoes have shot up in price. Can you imagine if Prada, Gucci, Allen Edmonds or Alden decided to go all plastic and then selling their shoes for an increased price?

How would that go over with their customer base?

If Nike now considers itself a luxury brand, how is selling crap like this acceptable?

Last edited:
PeruWhite - according to many people in here, if you like the corks, you are either a beast or a kid. thats what im getting from the comments.
Guess KD IV's success will be capitalized upon huh? O well cant blame them. Morals change all of the time.

Im not sure why people are complaining about the "Premium" price for leather for 2 reasons.
1. We have not gotten the official US price so at the moment, people are complaining about an assumption
2. There are different degrees of "QUALITY" (and i strong quote quality" leather nike uses. Im guessing they are justifying the rumored higher price because they are using what they call a better grade of leather.
*We've seen this before so im not sure what the complains are for like its something new, Remember the Premio Jordan line? Or the Motorsport VI, Both Flip 3s, and the whole LS releases years ago?

Last edited:
^^^ i see your point but people justifying more price increases is the reason nike keeps doing raising them. at the end of the day, it is what it is.

Last edited:
^^^ by no means do i justify price increases. i just understand that it is what it is and that its happened successully too much in the past for nike not to continue it

Corks Are gonna have ppl going crazy , but i like them a lil more now and are wanting to see the shoe see how detail has been put into it.

also Im Pretty Sure they are Gonna Slap some Type of Fancy box with these shoes to try and justify this rumored Price interestered to see how it looks

with this trend, every bron that comes out in the spring is going to be limited and hell to get. i mess wit bron bron, but im donezo unless i can walk in a store,  try on, pay  and walk out. i dont know how every one else was raised, but i wasn't raised to be tried and thats what nike is doing to their consumers. trying them every single day to see how they can manipulate opinions and make people talk down on people or not talk to other people, or think they are better than someone because of what kinda brand shoes they have on their feet.

if nike were a person, y'all would have fought them mofos by now. easy because its disrespectful. just because nike knows customers in general have a sheep like mentality doesnt mean they have to exploit it. doesn't make them a good company, makes them a greedy company. 

if you dont believe me, read this thread. y'all clashin, bashin and name callin like some lil girls about some sh*t NONE of us can control. Why you bashin with the people in the same boat as you? We are the consumers, if we are divided how the **** you think any thing will get better?  you can help change the situation but you cant control it, but not right here arguing among each other.. deal with the sh*t and keep it movin if this is the game you want to play. and yes this sneaker **** is a game in my opinion.

corks are cool, i wouldnt rock them. 

PeruWhite - according to many people in here, if you like the corks, you are either a beast or a kid. thats what im getting from the comments.
Guess KD IV's success will be capitalized upon huh? O well cant blame them. Morals change all of the time.
Im not sure why people are complaining about the "Premium" price for leather for 2 reasons.
1. We have not gotten the official US price so at the moment, people are complaining about an assumption
2. There are different degrees of "QUALITY" (and i strong quote quality" leather nike uses. Im guessing they are justifying the rumored higher price because they are using what they call a better grade of leather.
*We've seen this before so im not sure what the complains are for like its something new, Remember the Premio Jordan line? Or the Motorsport VI, Both Flip 3s, and the whole LS releases years ago?

My man bigj, do you remember the Barkley 180 Retro+ 'Corks' that dropped in '04/'05? Those hit the outlets and there wasn't anything 'Premium' about those materials.

Rock/Dealer had alluded to this but what Nike has done is essentially eliminate leather from their marquee lineup and now reintroduce it as a 'Premium' material at a 'Premium' price.

What's strange is that you have the 'Cork' Lifestyle release and you have the 'Fireberry' X+ and both are 'Energy' or Lifestyle colourways. Am I the only one seeing the overlap?

Last edited:

Rock/Dealer had alluded to this but what Nike has done is essentially eliminate leather from their marquee lineup and now reintroduce it as a 'Premium' material at a 'Premium' price.

Last edited:
I see Da Corks being a big sort after shoe. Once the shoe is gone, there will be a lot of salty people....

with this trend, every bron that comes out in the spring is going to be limited and hell to get. i mess wit bron bron, but im donezo unless i can walk in a store,  try on, pay  and walk out. i dont know how every one else was raised, but i wasn't raised to be tried and thats what nike is doing to their consumers. trying them every single day to see how they can manipulate opinions and make people talk down on people or not talk to other people, or think they are better than someone because of what kinda brand shoes they have on their feet.

if nike were a person, y'all would have fought them mofos by now. easy because its disrespectful. just because nike knows customers in general have a sheep like mentality doesnt mean they have to exploit it. doesn't make them a good company, makes them a greedy company. 

if you dont believe me, read this thread. y'all clashin, bashin and name callin like some lil girls about some sh*t NONE of us can control. Why you bashin with the people in the same boat as you? We are the consumers, if we are divided how the **** you think any thing will get better?  you can help change the situation but you cant control it, but not right here arguing among each other.. deal with the sh*t and keep it movin if this is the game you want to play. and yes this sneaker **** is a game in my opinion.

Consumers are battered wives to NIke's Abusive Husband ways... :tongue:

I hear you on this brother. Nike forgets that you could walk into a store in 95-96 and buy a pair of decent looking colourway of XIs with ease. Now if you want a decent colourway you gotta pay a 'Premium' while the stuff that will inevitably be marked down like Black/Red or Canary look like utter ****e and are about $80-$90 tops on a hash wall.

Some of you need to chill with the hypebeast talk. That word is so cliche and slung onto anyone that like any "bright" "limited" "different" shoe or item. Everyone got their opinion and what they like. But most of that recent talk, is mob mentality. Weak minded cats piggy banking on whats been said to get props or w/e.

Cork do look better in the new pics but they still ugly imo. Not of these outside the Floridian CWs interest me.

@vood99, so are these "Lifestyle" or "Energy" CWs basically a term for more limited, special releases?

Last edited:
This December is going to be craziest ever. I can already tell I will have to pay $500+ to get my hands on a pair of corks :smh:

Damn the Cork caused some major controversy 
laugh.gif
. If you like the Cork you're a hypebeast? Mind we have dudes on here who think anything LeBron releases is hot but they aren't hypebeast right? We have cats who already have every X released so far and have made about 10 ID's 
laugh.gif
 but they aren't hypebeast? It's just the people that like the Cork because it's "limited". I'm seeing people that bought the booger green Jade calling the Cork horrible and I find that hilarious. Man to each their own though.

Last edited:
It cracks me up when people say ur a hypebeast just bcuz u like a certain shoe. People DO have different tastes. Besides, if I want to be a hypebeast it's my choice and I don't care what some guy or kid says behind a keyboard in the basement of his mother's or grandmother's house.

My man bigj, do you remember the Barkley 180 Retro+ 'Corks' that dropped in '04/'05? Those hit the outlets and there wasn't anything 'Premium' about those materials.

Fuse or cheap synthetics are Nike's "regular" materials.

Whenever they do something out of the box these days - which includes decent leather - it's considered premium. Even if it was a massive failure before.

All they need now is a few "lifestyle" shots, like Lebron wearing them with some jeans, to cement the designer lifestyle/high end/fashion/etc. look.

A lot of us can see through it but some fans won't care. If they can get the shoe at retail, even a hiked retail, it's still a "better deal" than other lifestyle colors like the Fireberry on the resell market.

Think these Corks Xs are Causing Problems Wait til Them Home Floriadians Release Havent Seen one head Yet that doesnt like them !

@vood99, so are these "Lifestyle" or "Energy" CWs basically a term for more limited, special releases?

"Lifestyle" is a category of shoes now next to basketball and running. They're shoes with a designer, high-end casual appeal (faux or not). Yeezys, all those high tops, basically anything that's supposed to be worn with jeans.

With Nike they've done a good job of creating an allure around their lifestyle releases, citing the use of nicer materials than their normal line, which usually leads them to being limited.

"NRG" is just a term Nike created. There's probably some meaning behind it but it's just seems to label the limited shoes in general

Last edited:

Damn the Cork caused some major controversy :lol: . If you like the Cork you're a hypebeast? Mind we have dudes on here who think anything LeBron releases is hot but they aren't hypebeast right? We have cats who already have every X released so for and have made about 10 ID's :lol:  but they aren't hypebeast? It's just the people that like the Cork because it's "limited". I'm seeing people that bought the booger green Jade calling the Cork horrible and I find that hilarious. Man to each their own though.

959b65b0_15fc7_ORIG-the_rock_clap_clap_gif.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom