[::Official ROCKETS @ LAKERS - GAME 7 - 12:30pm PT - SUNDAY - 5/17 - ABC::]

if lakers lose this game kobe will be known as a joke. they have to win it all anyway this year and that wont happen so kobe will get major heat regardless.

Originally Posted by Donkey K0NG

I talked to Ron Artest and he said he hopes to win game 7.

Same here man. He said that new McDonald's jingle is catchy and he has been singing all day.

WIN OR GO HOME.....

MUCH RESPECT TO THE ROCKETS, BUT CMON L.A. SEND THESE GUYS HOME...

Talked to Pau Gasol and he swears that there is no relation between him and Charmin's ultra soft tissue paper.
I also had a chat with Andrew Bynum and he is denying that he has the power to dissapear.

Originally Posted by Youngswag24

Game 7 here it is.

Where stars become superstars.

Spoke to kobe & he feels like this whole playoff's as a whole is something that's a big part of his legacy.

Basically in short form he's trying to win a championship period.

He aint tryna exit out the 2009 playoffs without anothor banner at staples.

He said that he has no control of the outcome that his team is at right now you can't rewind you just move on foward.

" All I can do now is bring it game 7 . No looking back at this point" is what he told me when I asked what happened the perios games..

So all laker fans nothin 2 worry about the man kobe gonna bring it and im pretty sure his team will.

& I repeat he aint tryna leave the playoffs without a ring .

LETS GO LAKERS!
Fantasize about your boy Kobe alot?
GO ROCKETSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Lakers won't lose @ home...
45cf3fb094b87f3930267a5c1ea17caf.gif
...Deywin by 15

Hollingers article was pretty well written, i agreed with a lot of hit. Heres a good exerpt:

Why was Kobe on the bench for five minutes to start the fourth quarter?

Bryant wasn't in foul trouble, but played only 38 minutes Thursday night. The Lakers took him out for a breather to start the fourth quarter, and didn't put him in until 6:58 remained. To that point, L.A. scored six points in seven trips, wasting a golden opportunity to pull closer while the Rockets were also struggling to score. There were dead balls at 9:14, 8:48 and 8:32, but Kobe didn't check back in at any of those moments.

Why are they bothering to cover Chuck Hayes?

They know he can't score, right? Hayes averaged 4.2 points per 40 minutes this season, the lowest rate of any NBA player who played at least 500 minutes. Unless you leave him wide open under the basket, he can't hurt you. But in pick-and-rolls, L.A. continually rotates a man to Hayes and leaves Scola with an open 17-footer. The Lakers know Yao has been replaced, don't they?

Incidentally, the Lakers also passed up several chances to foul Hayes late in the fourth quarter. He's a 57.6 percent career foul shooter with a bizarre, double-clutching release that at times looks as if he's blocking his own shot.

Why is Derek Fisher still in the rotation?

For all the great playoff moments he's delivered in his career, Fisher has been such a massive liability against Houston that Rockets fans claim they'd have already won the series if he hadn't been suspended for Game 3.

He's shooting 29.4 percent against Houston and contributed several of the forced early shots that put the Lakers in huge holes in Games 4 and 6. Additionally, he's been little more than a traffic cone on defense against speedy Aaron Brooks. The two men behind him, Jordan Farmar and Shannon Brown, have played reasonably well, so there are alternatives.

For further proof, check out their plus/minus numbers on the series. Fisher is minus-14, Brown is plus-5 and Farmar is plus-48. Even in Game 5, which the Lakers won by 40 points, Fisher was a modest plus-9.

Yet the Lakers continue to trot Fisher out with the starters. At the very least, they should have him matching up against Kyle Lowry, whose inability to shoot makes it easy to back off him. But a better option might be to use Farmar and Brown the whole game. At this point, Jackson's loyalty to the veteran Fisher looks like a victory of sentimentality over wisdom.

Why is Jackson insisting his team is playing hard and that everything is fine, when it so obviously isn't the case?

Maybe he's just too busy devising game plans for the Nuggets to notice. Jackson took questions about Denver before Game 6, and in the process poured more gasoline on the inferno of accusations that this team is too arrogant for its own good.

Nonetheless, Jackson seems weirdly unworried about the Lakers' shameful performances in Game 4 and 6. "There's nothing to worry about," he said after Thursday's Game 6. "As long as we have the home-court advantage, we're all right."

Great killer instinct, huh?

Even during his in-game interviews, he has refused to critique his team's effort and pointed to Houston's play instead, something he also did after his team's meltdown in Game 4.

Sum it all up, and it makes you wonder what's going on behind the scenes, prodding us to ask deeper questions than the ones above: Does he like this team? Do the players like him? Can he get them to play hard consistently? Does he want to come back next season?

During our writer roundup, I pointed to Kobe Bryant as the Laker who had the most to lose in Sunday's Game 7 (3 p.m. ET, ABC). But you can make an equally strong case for Jackson. He's acting and looking like a guy who's a bit bored with this whole thing, and for a coach of his stature to lose when he has such an overwhelming talent advantage would be a shocking turn of events.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=PERDiem-090515

i expect that the lakers will come out strong since we are at home and we are a different team here
we need to start farmar, not play fisher, luke and sasha
we need to get pau and bynum going early, like we did in game 5

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Hollingers article was pretty well written, i agreed with a lot of hit. Heres a good exerpt:

Why was Kobe on the bench for five minutes to start the fourth quarter?

Bryant wasn't in foul trouble, but played only 38 minutes Thursday night. The Lakers took him out for a breather to start the fourth quarter, and didn't put him in until 6:58 remained. To that point, L.A. scored six points in seven trips, wasting a golden opportunity to pull closer while the Rockets were also struggling to score. There were dead balls at 9:14, 8:48 and 8:32, but Kobe didn't check back in at any of those moments.

Why are they bothering to cover Chuck Hayes?

They know he can't score, right? Hayes averaged 4.2 points per 40 minutes this season, the lowest rate of any NBA player who played at least 500 minutes. Unless you leave him wide open under the basket, he can't hurt you. But in pick-and-rolls, L.A. continually rotates a man to Hayes and leaves Scola with an open 17-footer. The Lakers know Yao has been replaced, don't they?

Incidentally, the Lakers also passed up several chances to foul Hayes late in the fourth quarter. He's a 57.6 percent career foul shooter with a bizarre, double-clutching release that at times looks as if he's blocking his own shot.

For all the great playoff moments he's delivered in his career, Fisher has been such a massive liability against Houston that Rockets fans claim they'd have already won the series if he hadn't been suspended for Game 3.

He's shooting 29.4 percent against Houston and contributed several of the forced early shots that put the Lakers in huge holes in Games 4 and 6. Additionally, he's been little more than a traffic cone on defense against speedy Aaron Brooks. The two men behind him, Jordan Farmar and Shannon Brown, have played reasonably well, so there are alternatives.

For further proof, check out their plus/minus numbers on the series. Fisher is minus-14, Brown is plus-5 and Farmar is plus-48. Even in Game 5, which the Lakers won by 40 points, Fisher was a modest plus-9.

Yet the Lakers continue to trot Fisher out with the starters. At the very least, they should have him matching up against Kyle Lowry, whose inability to shoot makes it easy to back off him. But a better option might be to use Farmar and Brown the whole game. At this point, Jackson's loyalty to the veteran Fisher looks like a victory of sentimentality over wisdom.

Why is Jackson insisting his team is playing hard and that everything is fine, when it so obviously isn't the case?

Maybe he's just too busy devising game plans for the Nuggets to notice. Jackson took questions about Denver before Game 6, and in the process poured more gasoline on the inferno of accusations that this team is too arrogant for its own good.

Nonetheless, Jackson seems weirdly unworried about the Lakers' shameful performances in Game 4 and 6. "There's nothing to worry about," he said after Thursday's Game 6. "As long as we have the home-court advantage, we're all right."

Great killer instinct, huh?

Even during his in-game interviews, he has refused to critique his team's effort and pointed to Houston's play instead, something he also did after his team's meltdown in Game 4.

Sum it all up, and it makes you wonder what's going on behind the scenes, prodding us to ask deeper questions than the ones above: Does he like this team? Do the players like him? Can he get them to play hard consistently? Does he want to come back next season?

During our writer roundup, I pointed to Kobe Bryant as the Laker who had the most to lose in Sunday's Game 7 (3 p.m. ET, ABC). But you can make an equally strong case for Jackson. He's acting and looking like a guy who's a bit bored with this whole thing, and for a coach of his stature to lose when he has such an overwhelming talent advantage would be a shocking turn of events.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=PERDiem-090515

That's much the exact same thing every Laker fan has been saying. Phil's nonchalant attitude and his persistence to start Fisher is killing us. IfFisher starts game 7 and AB gets of to good start, we are in trouble.

Originally Posted by blackxme

Talked to Pau Gasol and he swears that there is no relation between him and Charmin's ultra soft tissue paper.
I also had a chat with Andrew Bynum and he is denying that he has the power to dissapear.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Game 7 here it is.

Spoke to kobe & he feels like this whole playoff's as a whole is something that's a big part of his legacy.

He said that he has no control of the outcome that his team is at right now you can't rewind you just move on foward.

" All I can do now is bring it game 7 . No looking back at this point" is what he told me when I asked what happened the perios games..

So all laker fans nothin 2 worry about the man kobe gonna bring it and im pretty sure his team will.

LETS GO LAKERS!
This had me.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Kobe's trying to win a championship? You don't say!
laugh.gif

this is the lakers third "WAKE UP CALL" in this series, their done hitting the snooze button. time to put up or shut up come sunday.

this game isn't going to be close either way though. houston is either going to start like they did in games 4 and 6 and the lakers will chip away buthouston will be able to hold them off.

or the lakers will take this game over in 2nd quarter, get a big lead and not look back.

all the pressures on the lakers though. if houston loses they have nothing to be ashamed of, this depleted team went the distance and stayed alfloat when otherteams would have crumbled.

if the lakers win, yeah they move on but the questions will still linger.

go lakers sunday that is all.

also i doubt ill be able to pull it off but if anyone on here has an extra seat in the 300's they wanna sell in the $40-45 range inbox me, i kinda wanna goto the game but i know thats doubtful considering my budget.

Game 7 here it is.

LETS GO LAKERS!
1cd25acf4436e48d5c063a164a1f06ef5b3b84c_t.jpg

Damn! Now I see why some of you guys were saying "Foul Chuck Hayes" and then a bunch of
laugh.gif
after.

Is this guy serious? No way is he serious.

smh.gif

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

Damn! Now I see why some of you guys were saying "Foul Chuck Hayes" and then a bunch of
laugh.gif
after.

Is this guy serious? No way is he serious.

smh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I know man, everytime he gets fouled, its like
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Lol alright I could care less if yall think im lying but alright I guess I should just kep the info I know to myself.

But on the flipside lakers are gonna win !

He's shooting 29.4 percent against Houston

I been wondering the same thing

Back
Top Bottom