Official Rugby World Cup 2011 thread

14lls03.jpg

Let's get it!! .. going to the fanzone in welly tonight! .. my body is ready! 
laugh.gif

Man, that was tense. I could barely watch the second half.

I don't know what it is about France but they really bother NZ - their style just matches up well.

A deserved win for the All Blacks though.

My favourite part of the game was right at the end when NZ got the penalty - most of the team were running around with their arms in the air - but Richie McCaw was still concentrating - he grabbed the kicker and pointed to the stands. He was making sure.

Damn never knew this thread was here!
mad.gif
Been in bed all day after a tough match yesterday and just finished watching the replay. Very well played match by both clubs but in the end New Zealand pulled through in a close one as I expected.
pimp.gif
Danz I know people are probably still throwing back pints 
laugh.gif

Whoop! Auckland city was nuts! the whole inner city was closed off. News reports are saying there was 150,000 people in the streets after we won!

Close game.. but we won it in the end.

All credit goes out to Le Coq - they played really well, but things went our way and I believe we deserved it.

Weepu's kicking wasn't good.. had 8 points lost right there... can't believe Carter, Slade, Cruden we're all out. Donald stepped up albeit with a girl-sized jersey
pimp.gif

24 years is a long time - I wasn't even born when we last lifted the trophy!!!!

Congrats to the All blacks , they ve been the best team in the world for years. Now we lost like champs and we could not be more proud of the performance they put 
Dussautoir irb player of the year 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Benjammin, did you go to the parade?

Went yesterday and it was @%%+#@@ awesome! Ted, Richie, Hansen and Dan with the cup at the very end
pimp.gif

Seriously the final was probably the most stressful game I've ever watched!
laugh.gif
I wasn't nervous until the last five minutes though. Props to the French for containing us to set pieces; and to Dusautoir for getting man of the match, very well deserved.

Speaking of him, congrats for the IRB Player of the Year. I truly hope he had an outstanding year for rugby outside of the WC and his winning wasn't based on the final. If so, Kaino has been very hard done by.

All in all, it's great to be a Kiwi right now, never been more proud of the boys
pimp.gif

Excuse me if there's another thread but has anyone been watching MLR? I've watched all of the Seawolves game this seaon and they have been solid thus far. One of their players, Olive Kilifi, went to my HS. I've only just started watching a good amount of rugby since last summer's WC when Tonga lost to England (I'm half Tongan) so far from an expert to the rules of the game but i'm picking up the little details here and there of the rules.

Back
Top Bottom