:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2012-2013 Season Thread - Training Camp Starts July 27:::

:nthat: :nthat: got my user name back.

Can't wait for the season, I'm usually always excited for the NFL to start back up but it's different this year. We're finally good again! :lol:

VERY curious to see Randy, as well as if Alex has improved. As much as I hate Kyle Williams for what he did in the NFCC, Alex/we were 1/13 or whatever on 3rd downs in that game AND our defense bailed us out plenty of times at the end of that game and we couldn't even get into FG range.

Still though, fug Kyle Williams. Hope he doesn't see the field once this year.. >:

Receiver Michael Crabtree came up hobbling with an apparent right ankle injury and sat out the final 20 minutes of the 49ers' first full-squad practice of training camp. Crabtree walked gingerly off the field and into the locker room at the conclusion of the 2-hour, 20-minute practice. He did not have his ankle wrapped. Crabtree has never played in an exhibition game in three previous seasons with the 49ers. He missed all of training camp as a rookie in a contract stalemate. The next year, he missed most of camp with a neck injury. Last year, he missed training camp after undergoing offseason foot surgery. Up to the point he came off the field, Crabtree had a good practice as the team's starting flanker opposite of Randy Moss.

Dont understand the hatred towards Williams. I understand he messed up, and cost us the game, but he did get placed there last minute due to Ginn's injury.

Dont understand the hatred towards Williams. I understand he messed up, and cost us the game, but he did get placed there last minute due to Ginn's injury.

People also forget about this right here: (Watch the replay right before the 1:00 mark)

Are you serious champ?? It's one thing to mess up 1 time in a game, I think most folks might have been able to slightly look past that, but Williams messed up not once. not twice, but really three times during the NFC championship game. 2 of those mistakes were costly as they were turnovers which gave away points, which cost us the game. We understand that Ginn was hurt and normally would have been back their to field punts. However, if Williams was scared or had the jitters he should have asked to be taken out of the game or should NOT have fielded those punts and just let them bounce on the ground until the ref blew the whistle for change of possession. Either way Williams ****** up and deserves to be treated as such from here on out until he fully redeems himself.

People also forget about this right here: (Watch the replay right before the 1:00 mark)

Yeah that's great and everything but that was the game before the NFC championship game. Meaning what you do yesterday in regards to the game of football has NO bearing on what you do or the overall outcome of the football game today.

There is no say regardless of Williams' mistakes what would of happen... We can all pull off the "what if..." Yes he made a few mistakes but Alex Smith and the offense can be put to blame also...

What if the offense wasn't 1/13 on 3rd down?
What if Kyle never fumbled but then we turned it over or didnt score?

Its a team sport, cant just blame it on one person 100%... New season, new year lets just talk about the future! :tongue:

There is no say regardless of Williams' mistakes what would of happen... We can all pull off the "what if..." Yes he made a few mistakes but Alex Smith and the offense can be put to blame also...
What if the offense wasn't 1/13 on 3rd down?
What if Kyle never fumbled but then we turned it over or didnt score?
Its a team sport, cant just blame it on one person 100%... New season, new year lets just talk about the future! :tongue:

Yeah that's great and all champ, and we don't even have to play the "what if" game because I'm all about sticking to what we DO KNOW. We do know Kyle Wiliams turned the ball over twice in the redzone for the opposing team. I know last year we had a great defense but there is only so much even a great defense can do when the ball is literally given away in redzone territory. At the end of the day Kyle Williams is the sole individual to blame for us losing the NFC championship game last year and should be treated as such until his redeems himself.

Now we talk about the future............:wink:

Bruh, I'ma be saying that until it happens. He deserves to start. I KNEW we were not gonna win that game vs. the Giants.... THE SAINTS WERE TOUGH ENOUGH... BUT THE GIANTS... AND ALEX SMITH??? NAH PARTNER.... NAH.... ALEX SMITH WENT 1-15 ON THIRD DOWNS IN THAT GAME... THIRD DOWN IS WHERE U MAKE UR MONEY HUUH??? IF JIM HARBAUGH WASNT SOOOO FIERCELY LOYAL TO ALEX SMITH FOR NO APPARENT REASON... tshhhhh.... Dude Here's to Colin Kaepernick having a MONSTER PRE SEASON ! 
devil.gif

Bruh, I'ma be saying that until it happens. He deserves to start. I KNEW we were not gonna win that game vs. the Giants.... THE SAINTS WERE TOUGH ENOUGH... BUT THE GIANTS... AND ALEX SMITH??? NAH PARTNER.... NAH.... ALEX SMITH WENT 1-15 ON THIRD DOWNS IN THAT GAME... THIRD DOWN IS WHERE U MAKE UR MONEY HUUH??? IF JIM HARBAUGH WASNT SOOOO FIERCELY LOYAL TO ALEX SMITH FOR NO APPARENT REASON... tshhhhh.... Dude Here's to Colin Kaepernick having a MONSTER PRE SEASON ! :evil:
Bruh

He was put in an unconventional position. It happens but I still think he's a capable wide out especially with diva Crabs with another apparent injury. :smh:

He was put in an unconventional position. It happens but I still think he's a capable wide out especially with diva Crabs with another apparent injury. :smh:

I already answered or addressed this point earlier as seen below......................

We understand that Ginn was hurt and normally would have been back their to field punts. However, if Williams was scared or had the jitters he should have asked to be taken out of the game or should NOT have fielded those punts and just let them bounce on the ground until the ref blew the whistle for change of possession. Either way Williams ****** up and deserves to be treated as such from here on out until he fully redeems himself.

How many pro athletes do you know or can think of that would go to their coaches and be like "I'm good, let me sit this one out"? I'm not disputing what you're saying in principle, Duece, but at what point was it a blunder by the coaches for not pulling his *** and just sitting someone back there to fair catch the ball??

Fielding a punt is one of the hardest things to do...

anyone know how many tickets were made available for fan fest?

is it worth going?

crabtree is finally back in practice. It's going to get interesting if TO signs with seachickens

I was just thinking about how Dixon is most likely going to get cut because of our running back situation and how quickly a team in the division is going to pick him up. Seems like every year either the cardinals or seahawks pick up the guys who dont make our squad and I definitely see it happening with Dixon this year.

Depth Chart for the preseason game against the Vikings.

OFFENSE
WR: 15-Michael Crabtree, 10-Kyle Williams, 17-A.J. Jenkins, 13-Joe Hastings, 89-Nathan Palmer 9-Brian Tyms
LT: 74-Joe Staley, 75-Alex Boone, 71-Derek Hall, 69-Kenny Wiggins
LG: 77-Mike Iupati, 67-Daniel Kilgore, 66-Joe Looney, 60-Garrett Chisolm
C: 59-Jonathan Goodwin, 67-Daniel Kilgore, 61-Chase Beeler, 62-Jason Slowey
RG: 75-Alex Boone, 68-Leonard Davis, 78-Mike Person, 65-Al Netter
RT: 76-Anthony Davis, 78-Mike Person, 71-Derek Hall, 69-Kenny Wiggins
TE: 85-Vernon Davis, 46-Delanie Walker, 82-Nate Byham, 88-Konrad Reuland, 48-Garrett Celek, 47-Kyle Nelson
WR: 84-Randy Moss or 14-Mario Manningham or 19-Ted Ginn, 18-Brett Swain, 81-Chris Owusu, 35-Ben Hannula
RB: 49-Bruce Miller, 24-Anthony Dixon, 44-Cameron Bell
RB: 21-Frank Gore, 32-Kendall Hunter, 45-Brandon Jacobs, 23-LaMichael James, 28 Rock Cartwright
QB: 11-Alex Smith, 7-Colin Kaepernick, 1-Josh Johnson, 3-Scott Tolzien

DEFENSE
LDT: 91-Ray McDonald, 96-Demarcus Dobbs, 63-Tony Jerod-Eddie, 69-Patrick Butrym
NT: 90-Isaac Sopoaga, 95-Ricky Jean Francois, 93-Ian Williams
RDT: 94-Justin Smith, 92-Will Tukuafu, 71-Matthew Masifilo
OLB: 55-Ahmad Brooks, 98-Parys Haralson, 50-Cam Johnson, 44-Eric Bakhtiari
ILB: 53-NaVorro Bowman, 54-Larry Grant, 51-Joe Holland
ILB: 52-Patrick Willis, 56-Tavares Gooden, 57-Michael Wilhoite
OLB: 99-Aldon Smith, 98-Parys Haralson, 48-Kourtnei Brown
LCB: 22-Carlos Rogers, 26-Tramaine Brock, 20-Perrish Cox, 41-Curtis Holcomb
RCB: 25-Tarell Brown, 29-Chris Culliver, 33-Anthony Mosley, 40-Deante' Purvis
FS: 38-Dashon Goldson, 27-C.J. Spillman, 23-Cory Nelms, 43-Colin Jones, 35-Mark LeGree
SS: 31-Donte Whitner, 30-Trenton Robinson, 32-Darcel McBath, 36-Michael Thomas

SPECIAL TEAMS
PR: 19-Ted Ginn, 10-Kyle Williams, 23-LaMichael James
KOR: 19-Ted Ginn, 32-Kendall Hunter, 23-LaMichael James
P: 4-Andy Lee
K: 2-David Akers, 5-Giorgio Tavecchio
H: 4-Andy Lee
LS: 86-Brian Jennings, 47-Kyle Nelson

Interested to see how James does in the return game if he gets a chance this game.

First pre-season game this friday vs the vikings!

Things I will look for:

Aldon Smith playing OLB (not just as a pass rusher)

Kendall Hunter and LAMICHAEL JAMES!

How Alex does with new WR's in Moss, Manningham and rookie AJ

How Kaepernick does with a full offseason under his belt

Back
Top Bottom