:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anybody who thinks Window is closing needs to realize we will be competitng and in The thick of things for a Super Bowl for the rest of this decade. That's till 2020
This. The fact of knowing that the 49ers will most likely always be in games like last sundays for the next decade, is what got me over the game. 

Havent really followed college football like i have in the past, but from seeing a couple of vids the 49ers need to find a way to get sammy watkins or K. Benjamin.

I hope we can win a ring for Frank and the Cowboy before they retire. If it's not next year I don't know if they'll get their rings :smh:

Jim Harbaugh alone keeps the 49ers relevant and instills a winning brand of football. 36-11-1 in his first three years as HC. 3 straight NFC Championship appearances with one Super Bowl berth. The ring/trophy is coming to San Francisco in the next few years. It's inevitable. You can see why the Dolphins pined so hard for Jimmy.

I hope we can win a ring for Frank and the Cowboy before they retire. If it's not next year I don't know if they'll get their rings :smh:

maybe these two dudes ride off into the sunset the way that ray lewis did..

btw, ia tony gonzo a FA? this dude wants a chip so badly, I wonder what kind of lowball deal he'd accept to play for a real contender. VD and gonzo in twin-TE sets...a man can dream

If Bill Walsh was still alive he could do wonders with Kap. The #1 thing Kap needs to work on is his footwork and pocket awareness. This will fix soooooooooo many issues he has. Once he feels even the tiniest bit of pressure his instincts are to hit his back foot and "look" for space even tho plenty of times Kap left a clean pocket only to give the rushers another shot at him.

I made this real quick because a lot of people saw what went wrong here which led to a huge turn over. The red arrow shows the direction Kap went which gave Avril extra time to get to him and strip-sack him. The blue arrow shows the direction Kap should of gone in. What picture doesn't show is he has Crabtree deep who has beat his man.

These are things that CAN be fixed by hard work and excellent coaching. Once Kap gets these things fixed the skies the limit.

Last edited:
If Bill Walsh was still alive he could do wonders with Kap. The #1 thing Kap needs to work on is his footwork and pocket awareness. This will fix soooooooooo many issues he has. Once he feels even the tiniest bit of pressure his instincts are to hit his back foot and "look" for space even tho plenty of times Kap left a clean pocket only to give the rushers another shot at him.

I made this real quick because a lot of people saw what went wrong here which led to a huge turn over. The red arrow shows the direction Kap went which gave Avril extra time to get to him and strip-sack him. The blue arrow shows the direction Kap should of gone in. What picture doesn't show is he has Crabtree deep who has beat his man.

View media item 764119

These are things that CAN be fixed by hard work and excellent coaching. Once Kap gets these things fixed the skies the limit.

Offscreen, but I think Crabtree was also about to break wide open on a post pattern too. Chancellor seemed to be occupied with the flat so there wasn't any deep middle safety help here.

Hopefully Kaep works on stepping up into the pocket next season, while keeping his instinct to make a play with his legs.

Anybody else hearing bout this mountain of a man impressing everybody at the senior bowl Daniel McCullers 6"8 355? Next John Henderson coaches are clamoring.Kap prefers to escape left check all the tape from Nevada he throws well rolling to his left which is unorthodox.

Last edited:
i feel bad for whitner dude wants to come back so bad but at the end of the day it is a business. This guy really has sacrificed his body for the team. Dude will be hurting when he gets old.

DonteHitner
RT if you want me to retire as a #Niner!

Last edited:
:lol: I want Calvin Pryor in the first round great football player Safety Louisville m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plpp&list=PL4IA_itPIQnQLAePGkLa_GDFZ6zeeGOKJ&v=h6FlQ1MYk6w.

This isn't a highlight tape actually shows some good and bad plays but the Range he has is impressive and active in the run game. Not a big collision guy like Hitner more like Eric Reid. I see no problem with letting the SS being more of a coverage guy seeing as how the league is full of teams that can throw for 4000+

Last edited:
Calvin will be gone by the time we pick and to move up for him I doubt they do it. He also plays the same as eric reid not saying they couldn't play together but idk.

McCullers is a huge man but as big as he is he def didnt dominate the line in the sec and disappeared alot in the games I watched. He has potential tho

Anyone else think we need a viable backup QB? God forbid Kap goes down with an injury but if he did I think we'd be ****** beyond belief... no offense Colt..

Have a feeling our offseason is going to be very interesting.

Last edited:
Anyone else think we need a viable backup QB? God forbid Kap goes down with an injury but if he did I think we'd be ****** beyond belief... no offense Colt..

I totally agree with you.  I really thought about that during the Green Bay playoff game when Kap threw the interception and made that hard tackle to stop the defender.  I really was nervous that Kap was not going to get up after that hit for some reason.  I wouldn't mind a slightly older veteran QB that can help mentor Kap a bit. 

I totally agree with you.  I really thought about that during the Green Bay playoff game when Kap threw the interception and made that hard tackle to stop the defender.  I really was nervous that Kap was not going to get up after that hit for some reason.  I wouldn't mind a slightly older veteran QB that can help mentor Kap a bit. 

You think a guy like Kellen Clemens (Rams QB while Bradford went down the ACL or Josh Mccown would be available for the right price?) Hell, I might be in the minority here but I wouldn't be opposed to Mike Vick although I think he will want to go somewhere he can play

You think a guy like Kellen Clemens (Rams QB while Bradford went down the ACL or Josh Mccown would be available for the right price?) Hell, I might be in the minority here but I wouldn't be opposed to Mike Vick although I think he will want to go somewhere he can play
I know some folks have mixed reviews of Vick but personally I wouldn't mind seeing Vick on our squad in a confirmed back up role.  Reason being is because he is a veteran, and I think is suitable to run the offense if something were to happen to Kap.  The only thing is, I think Vick can still somewhat compete to be a starter for a few teams out there.  So he may not want to be here.

Last edited:
Can pick up a qb late in the draft or undrafted free agent and develop him. Doubt they pay to go the free agent route
yeah theyre already doing this with mcleod bethel-thompson. maiocco thinks he could be the backup next year.

Last edited:

The only thing is, I think Vick can still somewhat compete to be a starter for a few teams out there.  So he may not want to be here.

That's what I was thinking as well. Actually, this Vick talk reminded me of this I saw a couple days ago:

View media item 764380

:nerd:

:lol: ... I'd love to have him as a backup, always has been one of/if not my favorite non-49ers player.

Personally not a fan of Michael Vick. I don't want a running qb that never developed into a pocket passer talking to my qb who's trying to develop in the pocket. Not only that but he's extremely fragile so the backup would need a backup. :x Not to mention there's no money for him and something small that nobody talks about but I know is frustrating for offensive linemen is left handed QBs. Vick would last 1 snap with Anthony Davis as his blind side tackle.

Last edited:
Vick will cost too much. Plus he's always hurt...always. Develop McBLT and pick up a Boyd, A. Murray, or Logan Thomas in the draft and we'll be fine.

I also like Tom Savage as a possible undrafted free agent. Had a disappointing career in college but last year at Pitt he showed the ability to hang in the pocket and make all the throws.

Back
Top Bottom