:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Chris Simms, Kyle's BFF and the person who leaked the Mcglinchey pick last year under the guise of a "draft-pick prediction," said he prefers OBJ over Brown:

"I certainly would see the 49ers going after both, really," Simms told Matt Maiocco.

After that, Simms made his choice clear.

"First off, I do think Odell Beckham Jr. is the better player, and he's younger," he continued. "I would say Odell Beckham Jr. hasn't really even reached the prime of his career yet. So that's where he's at in the player window, and that's special.

"Add to the fact that the contract situation is figured out. The Giants have paid a decent amount of the guaranteed money already, so that would be favorable for any team trying to trade (for) Odell Beckham Jr.

"I might be a little bit of a homer with Odell Beckham Jr. but I argue this all the time, Odell Beckham Jr. is as talented of a receiver that I've ever seen in the NFL. I truly believe that if his head stays on straight, and he's healthy, that he can go down as the greatest receiver of all-time. He is that type of special talent to me."

Simms believes that Brown is a special player as well but feels there is more reason to be cautious with him.

"I would say buyer beware with Antonio Brown," he said. "That's the first thing I would say."

Demarcus Lawrence won’t sign the tag

Earl Thomas 3 as good as gone to the cowboys

But it’s time to send the brinks truck to Demarcus Lawrence, get him signed, give us a lot of options with that #2 pick

Ehh, Greedy Williams is more of a man corner. I'm not sure he's the best corner in the draft, either. Starting to see him outside of the first on others mocks and big boards.

Ehh, Greedy Williams is more of a man corner. I'm not sure he's the best corner in the draft, either. Starting to see him outside of the first on others mocks and big boards.
He fell like crazy. I feel like he was in top 5 talk all season now he’s dropping like a rock.

Last edited:
You know who I think is a beast? And would be a monster in our scheme. Deandre Baker from Georgia. Elite instincts, route recognition and awareness. I'm talking Richard Sherman level intangibles and competitiveness.

But average athlete--maybe even below average. The combine will be big for him. He's also only 5-11, which could lead to the Niners (foolishly) overlooking him.

Demarcus Lawrence won’t sign the tag

Earl Thomas 3 as good as gone to the cowboys

But it’s time to send the brinks truck to Demarcus Lawrence, get him signed, give us a lot of options with that #2 pick
Wouldn’t be mad at Q Williams or trade down for someone like DK Williams or Greedy if we can lock down a superstar pass rusher

If we can trade back to late 1st round I wouldnt be mad if we got the right haul. We could actually confuse teams flipping from Cover 1 to Cover 3

I want Kelvin Harmon in the 2nd WR NC state. I’ve gone extremely cold on N’keal Harry but combine will be huge for him. He apparently gonna put up an over 38+ inch vertical. He adjusts to balls exceptionally well but his lack of separation is the biggest concern.

If Bosa goes 1 overall. I would prefer a trade back to around 6-10. The target would be Brian Burns Florida state (Edge)or Montez Sweat Missippi state (Edge). Both these guys will impress at combine. Some scouts feel Montez Sweat is too stiff lacks the flexibility to bend but I really don’t think so.

I’ve been watching a lot more Quinnen Williams tape the good and bad. The kids instincts are rare.

He’s gonna be a superstar. If 49ers take him at 2 I’d expect Armstead or Solomon to be traded soon after(Ala Trent Brown last year).

A guard I think 49ers may like is Dru Samia Oklahoma. Nimble for his size and got that Polynesian power. He’s 6’5 300 lbs making him one of the smallest guards in the class so he may fall to the 3rd round where he would be great value.

Safety class is as deep as I can remember it. Should be a lot of projected starters. There are a handful who look to have the requisite skill-set to play single high.

I also love Jeffrey Simmons tape from Missippi state who recently tore his ACL but was a projected top 15 pick before that. Another 3Technique

Last edited:
Rewatching the Kansas City week 3 game and never realized how much Saleh look like Xerxes from 300.

0AB4360B-1C0B-4A28-B572-852A47A7FD3C.jpeg

I’m getting a little tired of Salehs cover 1 scheme myself

cover 3*

It would be nice if he called more cover 1 or man in general. Of course, it would probably help if every cornerback on the roster wasn't 6'3" and could actually mirror a WR across the field.

Back
Top Bottom