:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i wish jimmy would look to go deep as frequently as Carr does, even if he's overthrowing receivers deep in the secondary at least be willing to stretch the field. nonetheless, raiders offensive line doing solid work against miller and chubb.

I really hope that game 1 was just him shaking rust off and Shanny calling a gameplan that was basically "let Jameis lose the game for them." I really despise a gameplan of zero throws downfield. I have PTSD from years of watching Alex Smith. I want nothing to do with this style of offense in 2019.

I am confident this was just a week 1 thing, and not a sign of things to come. I hope.

I really hope that game 1 was just him shaking rust off and Shanny calling a gameplan that was basically "let Jameis lose the game for them." I really despise a gameplan of zero throws downfield. I have PTSD from years of watching Alex Smith. I want nothing to do with this style of offense in 2019.

I am confident this was just a week 1 thing, and not a sign of things to come. I hope.
I believe Shanny played it safe and conservative. Jimmy had a shaky PRESEASON game so he probably wanted Jimmy to get a rhythm, which kinda failed.

Shanny's entire philosophy is predicated around explosive, chunk plays off the playaction, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. We know that's what he wants to do. A big reason for the lack of big plays on Sunday can be attributed to Todd Bowles's heavy blitz style. Kyle likely limited long-developing plays for this reason. I'm sure Jimmy's rust also factored in.

I'm looking forward to seeing the progress with Trent Taylor. I hope Wes Welker coaches him up big time.

Mike Silver thinks the Niners might be quicker to bench Jimmy sooner than most think if he doesn't get **** together. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Jimmy doesn't get straightened out asap. Kyle is all about his QB playing within the framework of the offense. He makes it easy for them as long as they're automatic on the easy ****, and the throws Jimmy missed on Sunday should be automatic.

I’d hate to see them bench jimmy g. Rather they play him the entire season and see if he can stay healthy. Feast or famine, let him start

Not sure if the ceiling’s much higher with Mullens playing

Its been one damn week after coming off an ACL. He had a terrible pick 6 and a couple of throws he shouldve made in his first game back after barely playing the last year+ , but dude has started 12 games his entire NFL career. Give the man a chance

Lol at the people thinking about benching Jimmy give him a couple games atleast. He did have a bad game but I wouldn’t think about it till after the niners are out of playoff contention

Mike Silver thinks the Niners might be quicker to bench Jimmy sooner than most think if he doesn't get **** together. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Jimmy doesn't get straightened out asap. Kyle is all about his QB playing within the framework of the offense. He makes it easy for them as long as they're automatic on the easy ****, and the throws Jimmy missed on Sunday should be automatic.

silver trippin with the "richard sherman played a monster game" comment. that pick 6 was more so a terrible throw by winston than it was sherman playing exceptional coverage. uncle sherm was getting exposed out there, multiple flags against him and iirc the touchdown pass came against him too. he's still our best cover corner out there, but silver saying sherm had a "monster game" doesn't make me really believe his statement about jimmy having a short leash.

I love the new adjustment Saleh made to this defense with the additions of Joe Woods and Kris Kocurek. He's definitely evolved the Seattle scheme into his own version with the wide 9 stuff and all the two-high safety wrinkles.

Yeah, people go to the extremes to emphasize their lack of patience when it comes to key players.

I really wouldn't be surprised if Jimmy G is average for next couple of games.

I don't think anyone in here is calling for Jimmy's head. Personally, I'm more concerned about Kyle becoming antsy. I fear he might feeling a little bit of heat going into this year and won't give Jimmy ample time to get into a groove.

Kyle was scheming guys wide open on Sunday. I can't imagine how crazy it drove him to watch the tape after the game. This one was especially egregious. If Jimmy puts the ball in front of Bourne, this could be a TD or at the very least a huge play.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom