:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Question for you guys.......

So most if not all of you have expressed your opinion that Kap made the incorrect read on our last play of the game. I am not saying you are all wrong. However, I am curious to know your opinion on the fact that there have been many, many people who actually get paid to coach/analyze football, say that Kaepernick absolutely made the right read. Greg Cosell, NFl Films analyst, Ron Jaworski, and even our own head coach have all stated that it in fact was the correct read,

Just curious to know your reaction to that.
the decision to throw to crabs was the correct choice, but the problems were the play formation and throw.

the niners had trips formation on one side and crabs on the other. the trips is designed to give you a 1 on 1 match up on the opposite side with lil safety help over the top. the problem here is that the niners should of flipped the play around and had crabs on the opposite side with Maxwell covering him. Richard Sherman was playing the left side of the field. Obviously the throw should of been more to the back pylon to give only crabs chance. Sherman made a hell of play that probably only he can make.

btw LMJ aint going nowhere. where is he going to go? baalke used a 2nd round pick on him, he's cheap and nobody is going to ask to trade for him with more than a 6th round pick.

Last edited:
I'm having a hard time predicting out RBs next year.

I love Frank but he has clearly lost a step, and I think it's team before player so somebody needs to take his most of his snaps.

Ok so we let Hunter be #1. Are we placing Lattimore #2 and eventually let him take over the #1 duties or do you guys see Frank getting the #2. Do we play Hunter/Lattimore and give Frank the goal line runs?

So most if not all of you have expressed your opinion that Kap made the incorrect read on our last play of the game. I am not saying you are all wrong. However, I am curious to know your opinion on the fact that there have been many, many people who actually get paid to coach/analyze football, say that Kaepernick absolutely made the right read. Greg Cosell, NFl Films analyst, Ron Jaworski, and even our own head coach have all stated that it in fact was the correct read,

my problem with that play was kap making a predetermined throw in his head before the play even started. Like i said previously, I had no problem with the play itself. Just that it bugged me how kap can go into the huddle and be like 'yo, this ball is coming to you. no matter what.'

But of course, this has been one of his major flaw ...so that factored into why i smh at the play

my problem with that play was kap making a predetermined throw in his head before the play even started. Like i said previously, I had no problem with the play itself. Just that it bugged me how kap can go into the huddle and be like 'yo, this ball is coming to you. no matter what.'

But of course, this has been one of his major flaw ...so that factored into why i smh at the play
But see, thats where I think you are wrong bro.  It was stated that the play was called, Kap saw the coverage, and THEN determined based on his pre-snap read, that Crabtree would be his target.  What I just said is not the same thing as what you wrote that I bolded.

Yea, like I said before the Kap throw was a good read but just a second late on the pass and maybe that was due to pass rush on his right side...

I can honestly see us not resigning Boldin depending on his asking price and drafting a speedy receiver to help spread the field... With Boldin and Crabtree the safeties don't have to worry about playing too deep because neither are fast runners

And to sort of piggy back off of your post @ii FLaSh ii, the Seahawks have a TON of problems with the fast, shifty slot receivers.  I am starting to feel like this is the 90s again, when our offseason moves were all made with the idea of matching up with the Cowboys in mind.....and we are going to have to start tailoring our team's offseason moves to beat the Seahawks.  We have our core in place.  We need to add players that will help us beat them.  And to your point, adding a speedy Welker type receiver to run all over the field is just the type of player that would help us beat the Seahawks.

Last edited:
dland24 dland24 exactly... I think Patton can take over the outside... He's not big and physical like Boldin but I would be confident enough for him to take over... Having Vernon and a fast slot guy next to each other would be killer

That was a predetermined readso that was the right play. Problem was the throw needed to be further to the outside so that only crab could get his hands on it or just go out of bounds. Brown is expendable but another corner needs to get drafted. Shouldve held on to Marcus Cooper. And gettin a Center wouldn't hurt either

Read some fan on bleacher report say they should trade aldon or Kap...smh

Last edited:
I think Kaep made a good read, but it was a risky throw and a throw that needed to be perfect to be a TD. He needed to throw it so that either Crabtree gets it or it falls incomplete. Hindsight is 20/20; had that gone incomplete we wouldn't be having this conversation. It was a great play by Sherman, it's a game of inches and he made it happen.
The thing is we had timeouts left, had lots of time remaining; I wish they'd have settled down a bit and got their plays in before going for broke. If it was the last play of the game, people wouldn't have too much beef with the throw. There's so much on the line on that play...to put up a 50/50 ball in that situation is taking a huge risk, unfortunately for the 49ers it backfired.

Ultimately, great season, I'd take having a team have this success and have a shot at the SB rather than what we went through the previous ten years before Harbaugh. The losses are more heartbreaking, but at least you know they'll have a shot at it again next year. As a fan that's all you can ask for.

Aldon getting suspended next year?

I read a while back that Aldon was unlikely to be suspended based on how serious he took the situation with his checking into rehab and what not.

Last edited:

But see, thats where I think you are wrong bro.  It was stated that the play was called, Kap saw the coverage, and THEN determined based on his pre-snap read, that Crabtree would be his target.  What I just said is not the same thing as what you wrote that I bolded.

no i get it.
i guess what i shouldve added is that if kap was dead set on crabtree on that play, i wouldve liked it if he had sold the play a bit more. look to his left to get the defense sliding instead of tunnel visioning crabs from the jump. The trailing lb watched kap the whole way and gravitated to crabs. At this point its all coulda shoulda woulda but thats my main gripe with kap. His ability or lack there of to look off defenders/scan the field. Im sure he'll improve in that area but its been so frustrating to watch him make single reads or lock onto wrs.

...let me alone brah. im just a depressed fan okay????!? :lol:

Oh and if crab came down with the td... welp, im sure id be singing a different tune. HOWEVER... his awareness would still bother me :nerd:

Last edited:
Aldon getting suspended next year?

I read a while back that Aldon was unlikely to be suspended based on how serious he took the situation with his checking into rehab and what not.

Found the quote from Goodell:

"The issue here is not to discipline players. The issue here is to stop the behavior. And Aldon, to your point, has voluntarily said, 'I need help.' We are obviously there to support him, and the 49ers did a great job getting him into a facility to try to get that help. And so we all support that. So, yes, it will be factor, for sure."

With that being said, I hope Goodell is true to his word and Aldon wont have to serve a suspension. And yes I am aware that I quoted myself. :lol:

Cant wait for my season tix at Levis :pimp:

And co-MFing-sign!!!! :pimp:

Last edited:
Finally home. Don't see any new SN's nobody got banned Sunday?

Definitely might make a trip back to Seattle when we play them next season.

When it comes to draft prospects let's be reasonable Sammy Watkins is going top 5 so his name shouldn't come up. Not here to boast but, I feel like I'm usually very knowledgable about draft prospects. This year the player that interests me the most is a division II kid Pierre Desir 6-2 corner 4.45 speed who dominated his competition. He's gonna be a draft riser because the big corner is en vogue so to speak.

Last edited:
Jeremy gallon from michigan a lot like Quinton Patton just a gamer. He will be available 3rd 4th round only 5"8

Hey Fellas,

I lurked on the last two season threads, but would lilke to participate in this thread. Being married with a young son keeps me to contributing to one sports thread (Bulls) at a time.

Brief background about me: I'm a California (Ventura County) transplant living in ChiTown. There's a decent number of Niner fans here who are also transplants too. I'll say this, Chicagoans are always thankful for the Niners knocking out the Packers the last 2 years.

I'm looking forward to the draft and smart transactions by Baalke in the offseason. I'm not sure who I'd prefer to keep/restructure with the exception of Rogers. His skills have been in a decline. If Whitner has to go, so be it and hopefully a good SS can be drafted and developed like Reid.

For the RBs, I'd like to see what Lattimore has to bring and more use of Hunter and LMJ (screens, etc.)

This year the player that interests me the most is a division II kid Pierre Desir 6-2 corner 4.45 speed who dominated his competition. He's gonna be a draft riser because the big corner is en vogue so to speak.

He'd be a decent pickup with one of the 2nd or 3rd. Fill a need def. I wouldn't mind them selecting kyle fuller either in that range. Only thing that bothers me bout him are all the injuries

Man, it still hurts bros.

I worked the day of the game.

Cant believe we lost NaVarro too smfh.

Trade some of these picks to get a legit receiver.

Bring back Boldin, fix up the secondary, cully should be back @ 100% same with Iupati.

GONE:

Dixon
Goodwin
Rogers
Manningham

Trade LaMichael James for a draft pick (or just cut him) and then sign Jacoby Jones to be our return man.

Re-sign T.Brown.

Draft a corner in the 1st round, WR in the 2nd or 3rd.

Sign Kap long-term NOW so you can get him a little bit cheaper.

Aldon is staying, but I think they wait until next year to extend him.

I want Whitner to stay, not sure if another team will offer more money for him, but if so, let him go...

And unless Crabtree puts up atleast 1200 yards & 8-10 TD's next season, I think he's gone after next season...

Last edited:
Why does everyone want Dixon gone?  Dude makes peanuts, and is one of the most versatile players on our team.

Also @JordanXI45, why do you think Crabtree is gone unless he puts up a monster season? 

Back
Top Bottom