:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i'm just not sold on josh allen at #2. been reading about his draft profile, of course lots of people highlight his elite speed and quickness off the snap and ability to drop back against TE, but then there's a handful of concerns around his lack of hand technique, not having a rush outside of his speed, and him getting neutralized consistently. he could end up being a glorified Corey Lemonier

Same. Want no part in him. If he ends up developing as a star elsewhere, so be it. But I would not be willing to invest the #2 overall pick for a guy who has poor fundamentals/technique and no real counter moves to speak of.....who relies almost exclusively on speed. Speed can get neutralized at the NFL level.

Dont want to be the team that takes the chance on him. If we had a lower pick, sure.

i'm just not sold on josh allen at #2. been reading about his draft profile, of course lots of people highlight his elite speed and quickness off the snap and ability to drop back against TE, but then there's a handful of concerns around his lack of hand technique, not having a rush outside of his speed, and him getting neutralized consistently. he could end up being a glorified Corey Lemonier

I ain't sold either. I'd really be disappointed if they draft a LB after acquiring two in free agency. Rather go for QWill or Bosa, but leaning towards QW.

Hated how his defense plan required the players to read for a millisecond and then basically react/ guess which gap to fill

Solly is outta here if we do that right?

Not necesarily, but it will be difficult to find snaps for him inside.

In regards to Josh Allen, I really like him, but I think his success is going to hinge on him landing in a good situation. If he ends up on a team where they simply ask him to do one thing(ie just rush the passer), I don't know if he'll live up to the hype. But Josh Allen is the type of player that fizzles out for one team and becomes a beast for the hoodie.

Buckner and Williams on the inside has the potential to be even better than the Bryant Young-Dana Stubblefield duo which wreaked all kinds of havoc in their prime against O-lines back in the day.

Bosa is just as much a beast on that rush as QW though. But with QW maybe niners can continue to develop Solomon as an edge rusher. Who knows.

they need to let solomon thomas play DT.

everyone on here harping about him, some of it justified, but not mentioning the mystery of drafting one of the best interior d linesmen available and then playing him at DE 2/3 of the defensive snaps last season.

this is the front 7 I'd like to see for the majority of our base 4-3 snaps:

Arik Armstead LE - Deforest Buckner LDT - Solomon Thomas RDT - RE Nick Bosa

Fred Warner LOLB - Kwon Alexander MLB - Dee Ford ROLB​

they need to let solomon thomas play DT.

everyone on here harping about him, some of it justified, but not mentioning the mystery of drafting one of the best interior d linesmen available and then playing him at DE 2/3 of the defensive snaps last season.

this is the front 7 I'd like to see for the majority of our base 4-3 snaps:

Arik Armstead LE - Deforest Buckner LDT - Solomon Thomas RDT - RE Nick Bosa

Fred Warner LOLB - Kwon Alexander MLB - Dee Ford ROLB​
Yea it’s wild.

It’s not like we reached for him.

Solly was consistently mocked as a top 2-5 talent. They put him on the edge because of his build but they just need to leave his *** inside and see what happens.

I think they wanna go Quinnen but we can’t give up on a 3rd overall pick like that.

Your layout is all messed up, heat. The ROLB is the Will spot. That's where Reuben played; Dee Ford is an edge. LOLB is the SAM--you don't want Fred Warner there. Fred is a stack LB; SAM is an on-ball position. Not to mention the SAM only plays in base.

The reason Solomon can't get enough snaps inside is 1) there's only one 3technique in base(Deforest Buckner). The only other interior position in base goes to the nose tackle(1tech) and Solly is not a nose 2) Saleh's fault(he uses a stout nickel front that keeps Solly on the edge way too much. I know it probably sounds confusing, but it's pretty simple once you try to understand it.

Whoever made this did a pretty good job. However, the problem with putting Dee Ford at SAM is that he won't be rushing the QB in base. The SAM rarely gets after the QB in base, but again, they're in base for about 30% of total snaps. In fact, against the Rams, the 49ers play in base about 3 snaps a game lol, so it doesn't really matter since he'll play edge in nickel.

2jf13iw.jpg

If the Cardinals drafted Bosa at #1, would you draft Quinnen williams at #2, or trade the pick down, knowing certain teams would pay a serious haul to take Murray with that second pick?

^^^been asking myself the same question all day. But im doing my best to not speak to existence that bosa will not be ours

Back
Top Bottom