:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here you go, fellas. Love yall.

1. Nick Bosa, EDGE, Ohio State

What else needs to be said? Baby Bosa is a game-changing player with elite hands, freakish strength, and is virtually a carbon copy of his brother. Dude slides right into the right defensive end spot as an every-down Leo. The trio of Defo, Ford and Bosa projects as one of the best pass-rush groups in the league.

2. Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina

It’s Deebo Samuel or AJ Brown here, but I assume AJ will go sooner. That’s okay. Deebo is a dynamic playmaker who excels with the ball in his hands. Dude is built like Anquan Boldin with a strong RB-like lower half. He has the tools to play inside, outside, and return kicks. But most importantly, he's a red zone monster with his explosiveness and refined route running.

3) Marquise Blair, Utah, Safety

Marquise Blair is a John Lynch guy. He’s as aggressive and competitive as any football player in this draft. Blair has the athleticism, wits, and experience to play virtually every safety role: single high, in the box, two deep, etc. With the addition of DB coach Joe Woods, I expect the 49ers to mix up their coverages a lot this forthcoming season by disguising in more split safety coverages, and Marquise Blair is precisely the type of versatile safety they need for that.

4) Josh Oliver, TE, San Jose State

Josh Oliver is a guy I fear won’t be so under the radar. The kid is a promising player with dynamic athleticism and big-play ability, especially downfield. If he can improve as an inline blocker, he could become another day 3 TE steal.

6) Terrill Hanks, LB, New Mexico State

The 49ers need depth to in case Kwon isn’t ready to go, and fortunately for them, Terrill Hanks’ stock took a hit after he hurt his hammy at the combine. But Hanks is more than a day-3 player. He’s fast, physical, and is precisely what the 49ers look for in linebackers. His DB background allows him to cover like a safety, and he possesses the high-end tools to potentially become a starter.

6) Tim Harris, CB, Virginia

images

Tim Harris would be a much higher rated prospect if not for the rash of injuries he sustained in college. But he's tall, long and an elite SPARQ athlete at a premium position with a ridiculously high ceiling. Exactly the type of players this team rolls the dice on hoping to get lucky.

Last edited:
We only have 6 picks. They should be able to sign a decent one as an UDFA if they pony up the $$$. Punter, too.

Last edited:
Love the Josh Oliver and the Tim Harris selections.

I hope they go Interior O-line at some point. Tomlinson and Person are fringe starters and Richburg had a serious quadriceps injury.

Love the Josh Oliver and the Tim Harris selections.

I hope they go Interior O-line at some point. Tomlinson and Person are fringe starters and Richburg had a serious quadriceps injury.

That was probably the hardest part of mocking players for me. I also feel like they should grab an interior OL at some point, but the team seems to be happy with the OL group they've assembled. Kyle also seems to undervalue guards like his old man.

Yeah the Tier below the presumed 1st and 2nd round guards I really care for are Dru Samia and Ben Powers both played at Oklahoma and big parts of that dominant offensive line.

I want AJ Brown but dude is gonna be gon :smh::frown:

Part of me wants Ed Oliver, can’t eem lie.

Yeah the more and more I watched Ed Oliver he looks like old John Randle from the Vikings.

Dude looks like a future pro bowler

damn, that's a great comp for Oliver. Their play styles are very, very similar.
John Randle balled.

That’s why that tweener label really can’t be applied to guys who are just great football players. The instinctual component of the game is so god damn important.

Gotta apply it to Sutton Smith this year tho :rofl::rofl:. That boy is too damn small.

lol, Sutton Smith's stock plummeted. I'd be surprised if he gets drafted before day 3, and that's assuming he gets drafted.

Imma get a mock together that has Dru Samia in it. I think he would be well worth a 4th rounder and that’s where most pundits have him going.

John Randle balled.

That’s why that tweener label really can’t be applied to guys who are just great football players. The instinctual component of the game is so god damn important.

Gotta apply it to Sutton Smith this year tho :rofl::rofl:. That boy is too damn small.

lol, Sutton Smith's stock plummeted. I'd be surprised if he gets drafted before day 3, and that's assuming he gets drafted.

He’ll be in a camp for sure.

He has the potential to **** **** up on blitz packages.

He’ll be in a camp for sure.

He has the potential to **** **** up on blitz packages.
Most likely in the preseason as a fringe roster guy.

Believe me I liked Sutton Smith he was one of the guys I asked Red’s opinion on early in the college football season this year. I think Red at the time said rumor had it the boy only weighed 220 last year.

Think he did have best 3 cone at combine for all Edge players maybe a team finds a role for him.

Most likely in the preseason as a fringe roster guy.

Believe me I liked Sutton Smith he was one of the guys I asked Red’s opinion on early in the college football season this year. I think Red at the time said rumor had it the boy only weighed 220 last year.

Think he did have best 3 cone at combine for all Edge players maybe a team finds a role for him.
I wonder why he stuck with edge. He’s small for edge but for a backer his size is not that uncommon.

I wonder why he stuck with edge. He’s small for edge but for a backer his size is not that uncommon.
Getting after the passer is something he thrives at.
But obviously college production doesnt equate to NFL success. And he’s gonna have a tough time getting sacks with those 30 inch arms.

Last year the kid who was 2nd NCAA in sacks and also came from the MAC Joe Ostman was 30 lbs heavier and 2 inches taller than Sutton Smith dude went undrafted.

Back
Top Bottom