:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm fine drafting Metcalf if we trade down to do it and pick up an extra first in the process, but picking him at 2 would be dumb as hell

Some of ya'll just don't get it.

The chances of any of you even reading this are slim to none but got to throw this out there.

As someone who coached a college sport full time for 4+ years and involved heavily in professional baseball shortly after, the majority of the general public does not know how sports, especially free agency/recruiting go. You read these twitter reports of "who should go where", "this guy is the best fit", "10 top sexiest draft free agents for ___ team". The reality is this, there are so many external factors that go into a guy making a decision.

When I was recruiting we had players choose to go cross country for the wildest reasons, "oh my great grandmother lives in mass so I want to live with her to save money on school" to "they offered this wildly specific major", yeah at a certain point I just needed to get the job done and find the guys that fit our scheme and legit win with them and we did.

The way it doesnt work is, "we offered him the most money why didnt we get him" or "twitter said we were favorites so automatically Lynch ****ed up", these guys make decisions based on factors we have little to no knowledge. You think if Lynch really wanted AB he would have gotten him? The dude was practically begging to come here, but for some reason Lynch thought he was not a good fit.

Do not sit here and get caught up in the twitter reports from "insiders" or "experts", majority of the time these guys are getting fed information from agents to drive up the price for their client or to create a bidding war. I trust Lynch and Co because this team three years ago was the laughing stock of the league, legit laughing stock.

In 3 years we've added:

A franchise QB
A solid RB+Backup
An all pro FB
An all pro TE
3 mediocre recievers through draft+FA
An all pro DT
A stud rookie LB
Now a stud LB next to him
Pro bowler DE/OLB hybrid in Ford
Hall of fame DB

Come on.. thats 9 pro bowl quality players added to the roster.

You all are getting caught up on the should haves and the what ifs, face it, sometimes guys just don't want to come here, is every guy that twitter targets going to be in red and gold? no, but to sit here and think Lynch and company didn't try.. ****. Don't get me wrong, it's time to win, but patience my dudes

Trying isn’t good enough :lol:

When has trying ever been enough in sports? NEVER.

*breaking news*

This just in...3God the GM has released his depth chart for the san fransico 49ers in 2019

QB: Joe Montana, God, Jesus
RB: Emmitt Smith, Walter Payton, Frank Gore
WR: Jerry Rice, Antonio Brown, OBJ, Ronald McDonald
TE: Brent Jones, Rob Gronkowski, Adam and Eve

All of these players were indeed by trade and free agency because thats how sports work!!

*breaking news*

This just in...3God the GM has released his depth chart for the san fransico 49ers in 2019

All of these players were indeed by trade and free agency because thats how sports work!!

lmao

Picture of our backfield right now
C4BB7631-A9AF-4BAD-955C-9436E8C13D69.jpeg

*breaking news*

I would have been happy with adding OBJ or Earl, preferably both, BUT if we can pull off that team above... I’ll take it!

Back
Top Bottom