:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m also worried about RJJ’s future. Shanny rarely uses him outside of returns and Aiyuk can do that too not to mention I think RJJ’s rookie contract is about to expire. His injury couldn’t have come at a worse time.

Last edited:
There is going to be football, it’s just going to be a question of crowds or not. More than likely crowds aren’t happening

I’m in favor of the delay. After seeing Fred da Godson pass away I’m concerned for any 300+ pounder who contracts the virus. Those dudes can barely handle Denver elevation when healthy, imagine combating a virus going straight at the lungs.

I’m in favor of the delay. After seeing Fred da Godson pass away I’m concerned for any 300+ pounder who contracts the virus. Those dudes can barely handle Denver elevation when healthy, imagine combating a virus going straight at the lungs.

Bro, Fred Da Godson was morbidly obese. NFL OL are elite athletes. Most of them are lean as hell despite being over 300 lbs.

Got this in the mail today. Those vapor elite authentics are nice. I’m hoping NFL shop restocks 49ers stuff soon, I need a white Kittle authentic for this upcoming season if it happens.
1BE9C9C9-502F-40D8-A8F4-26F4D7691E4C.jpeg
1909148E-2AB8-4926-8E52-F29DE366386E.jpeg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Certain positions on the gridiron where collisions are as jarring as a head on collision in your vehicle.

And some y’all boys worried about an upper respiratory viral infection??? Mean age of death is 84 years old ??? Where they do that at?

This nonchalant attitude is why we’re facing a potential second round of lockdowns now. I was gonna leave it alone but y’all act like it actually can’t happen to pro athletes. While I do believe most nfl caliber athletes aren’t in grave danger, if even one active player were to pass due to covid throughout the season was it really worth it in the end. The violence of the sport shouldn’t be an excuse to say to hell with covid.

word on the street is Deebo was the covid positive 9er.....they found out when he went to get the foot checked.

We're in this position because dumbass people aren't wearing masks and can't keep their asses inside, not because of a few posts on a sneaker forum about whether or not football should be played. Please stop fearmongering and step out of your echo chamber.

In other non-49er related football news, Patty Mahomes with the 400 Milly extendo. :wow:

Step out of your echochamber. Dude has lost it. No sense of reality. Football ain’t happening but keep holding onto that.

Step out of your echochamber. Dude has lost it. No sense of reality. Football ain’t happening but keep holding onto that.

I would bet money that at least part of the football season happens. I don’t think it happens with crowds though.

Yep. Lame as **** you view these athletes as expendable. This ain’t the flu, it could kill these dudes.
Expendable??? Bro I was pointing out how flawed it is to be overly concerned about a viral infection while, these guys sustain brain injuries routinely.

Folks die from the Flu patna.

Now you’ve shifted the conversation to “It can be deadly!!!” Agreed the complications from the infection has led to deaths. The average age of death is 84 years old currently.

Expendable??? Bro I was pointing out how flawed it is to be overly concerned about a viral infection while, these guys sustain brain injuries routinely.

Folks die from the Flu patna.

Now you’ve shifted the conversation to “It can be deadly!!!” Agreed the complications from the infection has led to deaths. The average age of death is 84 years old currently.

Well there are definitely long lasting issues from it other than death......this is an overly simplistic analysis. The main complications are generally long term organ issues, shortness of breath, lack of energy, body aches, mind fog, etc. Its certainly not the flu nor should it be compared to it.

Well there are definitely long lasting issues from it other than death......this is an overly simplistic analysis. The main complications are generally long term organ issues, shortness of breath, lack of energy, body aches, mind fog, etc. Its certainly not the flu nor should it be compared to it.
Have any of the mitigating tactics worked?? Have any of the conflicting recommendations about masks reduced the number of cases??

Bros it’s gonna have to get to Herd immunity and herd immunity is closer then y’all think. Much closer than a vaccine being produced.

Have any of the mitigating tactics worked?? Have any of the conflicting recommendations about masks reduced the number of cases??

Bros it’s gonna have to get to Herd immunity and herd immunity is closer then y’all think. Much closer than a vaccine being produced.

Social distancing and wear a mask are about the only scientific proof we have right now that works at mitigating the spread. Some research is showing that being outdoors is 10-20 times safer than being indoors so long as you are still maintaining a proper distance. As for treatments my wife has said that harvesting antibodies from people who have had it has been a pretty effective treatment for their clinic and I suspect this is why we are seeing a decrease in death rate with this current wave. The virus also mutates about every two weeks so at some point we are going to end up with strains of this across the US that are more or less lethal.

As for herd immunity there really is no evidence currently that once you’ve had it you won’t get it again. You mentioned the flu earlier and this is a great example that immunity doesn’t always last forever. My wife was saying that there are some studies showing that immunity could be as short as 4 months. The problem with this disease is it is vascular and it causes clotting in the veins which can reduce oxygen and blood to any organ in your body causing long term damage to said organs. If herd immunity isn’t permanent, and we get a second or third wave of this ****, there are going to be a large group of people who are in high risk groups due to damaged organs from previous cases which will lead to an increase in deaths. That’s the main fear at my wife’s clinic right now.

That being said, I think we still play the season and some people may end up sitting out or some high risk staff end up not being allowed to travel. Someone mentioned this before though, it only takes one and there is going to be a long, hard look at whether or not its worth it to continue. I don’t even think the death necessarily has to be in football for the question to be asked, but it would probably be more likely to happen in football given the number of lineman who probably have highblood pressure from an unsustainable diet.

Very well written. Taking all of what you just said into consideration.

As far as mitigating strategies I heard otherwise. That there is nothing conclusive about if Lockdowns “Flattened the curve”. You sound very informed about viruses. Epidemiologists have been all over the place with the Data. I know 3 relatively young people who had it now and all them bounced back within a week with mild fevers/Mild cough. So sometimes I forget it’s a unique viral infection.

Very well written. Taking all of what you just said into consideration.

As far as mitigating strategies I heard otherwise. That there is nothing conclusive about if Lockdowns “Flattened the curve”. You sound very informed about viruses. Epidemiologists have been all over the place with the Data. I know 3 relatively young people who had it now and all them bounced back within a week with mild fevers/Mild cough. So sometimes I forget it’s a unique viral infection.

As far as flattening the curve, it’s moreso a technique to reduce the overall caseload so we don’t overwhelm our hospital systems, but if you look at the states and countries who did it long enough (New York, Italy, Germany) they absolutely crushed the curve even though they were hit hardest by it. But just because you reduce the cases doesn’t mean you stop there. You still have to do a **** load of testing to identify asymptotic people and contract tracing for those who have come in contact with the infected. This is the part we are generally doing poorly and why it’s generally not working most places.

Not to mention some states like Texas and Florida re-opened when cases were rising instead of falling so it’s not really all that hard to see why it didn’t work there.

Ultimately I think we end up playing and some teams end up flagging players or staff with diabetes/high blood pressure/obesity/asthma out of an abundance of caution. I think there have already been NBA teams who have told certain staff they can’t travel because they are in a high risk group. I would be shocked, maybe a little appalled, if the NFL went forward with full stadiums though.

We're all 9ers bros so i'm not here to beef or put energy into it. I got triggered by the lulz but right now i'm off that. Bang Bang.

I wanna believe the NFL season will go off without a hitch, but 3 weeks out from preseason and we haven't heard not 1 contingency plan.

Last edited:
It's all love. I'd be lying if I didn't admit this whole covid **** isn't driving me crazy because it is. And I know I'm being partly selfish by wanting them to play.

Yall know I eat, sleep, and breathe football, so it's extremely difficult for me to accept not having football this year, especially when I feel extremely confident that our Niners are going to win it all this year. The best thing to do is delay the season until things settle down, but we'll just see how ambitious the NFL is.

Sf Giants cancelling preseason 1 day into training at Oracle,

A’s player pop positive for Covid

like I said days ago, it’s not lookin good for any sports

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom