:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2020 Season Thread [1-1] [WK3] @ Giants 09/27:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Joined Nov 4, 2002
Thanks for dropping your mock Red.
Im not liking that 1st rd selection if Staley comes back (I think he does come back for 1 more season). Wasted pick since hes most likely gonna sit on the bench this season. I would like a pick that high to be an impact player contributing day 1, especially while we're in a Super Bowl window.

Last edited:
Joined Sep 18, 2016
Pittman is a baller. Plus he seems like a great locker room dude by all means. Would love to grab him.

Makes sense on the OL pick first round. We aren't going to have a chance to draft a franchise tackle for a while since we most likely will be in the later picks for hopefully a few more seasons. Might as well shore that up early and pick up a WR in round 2.

Joined May 2, 2007
Wilson signed his one year tender

McKinnon
Breida
Mostert
Coleman
Wilson

5 RBs under contract...One, if not two will be traded I think

Then we also have Juice... I can’t see them having 5 backs active on game day

Joined Jul 9, 2006
Im not liking that 1st rd selection if Staley comes back (I think he does come back for 1 more season). Wasted pick since hes most likely gonna sit on the bench this season. I would like a pick that high to be an impact player contributing day 1, especially while we're in a Super Bowl window.
Im sure Staley has already told the 49ers his decision. If he hasn’t I’d be shocked given his tenure with the 49ers.

Joined Nov 18, 2012
red81 red81

thanks for blessing us with your mock.

what about DL tho? I see you don't have them taking an IDL until the 6th round.

If your pick, Roach, doesn't pan out from the 6th round draft to the regular season team, is Solly going to step it up and take Buckner's place? Or is D.J Jones going to have to become the guy? Does D.J have a body that can be on the field that many snaps in a 17 game season + playoffs? He only played like 13% of snaps last two seasons.

Joined Jul 14, 2004
I’ll be happy if we can come home with either of the 4 elite tackles or 3 big time receivers or CJ Henderson at 13. If not trade TF back!!!

Joined Jan 19, 2016
red81 red81

thanks for blessing us with your mock.

what about DL tho? I see you don't have them taking an IDL until the 6th round.

If your pick, Roach, doesn't pan out from the 6th round draft to the regular season team, is Solly going to step it up and take Buckner's place? Or is D.J Jones going to have to become the guy? Does D.J have a body that can be on the field that many snaps in a 17 game season + playoffs? He only played like 13% of snaps last two seasons.
There's already a lot invested in the DL with Nick Bosa, Dee Ford, and Arik Armstead. Those three will ultimately carry the workload for the pass rush, and DJ Jones and Jullian Taylor have proven they can play in base. Don't forget that Ronald Blair will be back. I don't think he gets enough love. All he does is make plays.

Pittman is a baller. Plus he seems like a great locker room dude by all means. Would love to grab him.

Makes sense on the OL pick first round. We aren't going to have a chance to draft a franchise tackle for a while since we most likely will be in the later picks for hopefully a few more seasons. Might as well shore that up early and pick up a WR in round 2.
I think Pittman has the potential to be the biggest steal of this draft. I don't understand how this dude isn't being locked in as a first-round pick. 6'4", 223 lbs, runs excellent routes, catches everything, blocks people into the dirt, etc. Dude reminds me of Vincent Jackson.

If the draft plays out the way I mocked, expect a Joe Staley retirement announcement.

Last edited:
Joined Jan 19, 2016
The way Dre Greenlaw played down the stretch could theoretically make Kwon expendable.

Personally, I'd keep Kwon until Greenlaw proves it for another year, but I would understand the thinking behind a move like that.

Joined Nov 18, 2012
Kwon was a baller at LB and part of the heart of the Defense Ii'd hate to trade him.

Dee Ford had injury issues obviously but when he was on the field that pass rush was nearly unstoppable.

Tartt seems like a bad player to trade because we're already so strapped at DB. That would basically leave us with just Jimmie Ward, Tarvarius Moore, & Marcell Harris at the safety position.

Goodwin obviously I'd deal away in a heartbeat but who is actually offerin' a pick?

Joined Nov 18, 2012
additionally if Kwon gets dealt away that leaves us in base with starting weakside LB ...

*checks notes*

Joey Alfieri?

Joined Jan 19, 2016
additionally if Kwon gets dealt away that leaves us in base with starting weakside LB ...

*checks notes*

Joey Alfieri?
Dre Greenlaw. Freddy would be the Mike, Greenlaw would be the Will.

SAM would be open, but nobody really cares about a position that plays 3 snaps max a game. Most of the times 0.

Joined Jan 19, 2016
Bonte Hill on 95.7 says keep an eye on Joey Bosa. :emoji_eyes: How crazy would that the? I'd be all in.

Joined Nov 18, 2012
yea i know we play a lot of nickel, so there's only 2 ILBs on the field, and i get the logic

but i am NOT in support of dealing away kwon

dee ford i get the logic a little more, he only played like a third of snaps or something

but this was a super bowl roster. i don't get breaking up the front 7 that brought them to the promised land.

Joined Nov 18, 2012
I’ve heard the Jags are just as erect over Jeudy as everyone wouldn’t be surprised to see them move on him or otherwise ruggs or lamb

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now