:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gotta believe Kirk takes priority over Goodwin by a country mile.

1. Trade for Kirk
2. Trade for Kirk
3. Trade for Kirk
4. Draft a speed WR
5. Take a ****
6. Trade for Goodwin

That being said I think a 5th for him is a damn fleece.

gotta believe there is a player or 2 we’re trying to get for one of these picks.

2A796299-E464-49E9-9159-5DAA26771EEA.jpeg

You know what? **** waiting. Let's do this ****. Happy 2020 49er mock Monday!

1(13) Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia

giphy.gif

The 49ers will be exceptionally prudent with their selection at 13. They had to give up one of their best players to acquire this pick, so I expect them to be EXTREMELY selective with their options to maximize their investment. There's a good chance an early run on QBs and WRs could push someone down the board, and it's highly unlikely they'll have another opportunity to grab a blue-chip tackle in the near future. There's also no guarantee Joe Staley plays this year. That position eventually has to be filled. For that reason, I predict they'll be all in on their guy at offensive tackle, and that guy is Andrew Thomas. If he's unavailable, look for them to bail and trade back.

**49ers and Broncos have an excellent business relationship. 49ers trade pick 31 to the Broncos for picks 46 and 77**

2(46) Michael Pittman, WR, USC

giphy.gif

I'm not sure there's a more Shanahan guy in the entire draft than Michael Pittman. He quite literally checks every one of this regime's boxes. Pittman meets all of Shanahan's athletic thresholds for vertical, 3-cone and short shuttle. He has the highest Wonderlic score of all WRs in the 2020 draft, was voted captain by his peers, and by all accounts is an incredibly hard worker and high character individual. Pittman gives the 49ers an element of a big body who runs great routes, catches everything, and blocks his *** off.

3(77) Hunter Bryant, TE, Washington

233156-780x571.jpg

Every year the 49ers draft a guy a lot earlier than everyone expected. This year it's Hunter Bryant. The 49ers have been actively seeking another tight end, specifically a move tight end, for a while now, and they've shown they're not afraid to reach to get their guy. Bryant was an explosive play machine at Washington. He's an athletic receiving TE with balls skills, body control, and sticky hands that changes how teams defend an offense--the type of TE Shanahan salivates over to draw up plays for. He's a lot like Jordan Reed, a guy Kyle and his father drafted in the third round while they were in Washington.

5(156) Josiah Scott, CB, Michigan State

Josiah-Scott-718x490.jpg

Scrappy; tough; ball hawky. Josiah Scott could be a steal here and the only reason I project him at this spot is because he's only a nickel DB. This dude actually reminds me of K'waun Williams, who, unfortunately, is entering the final year of his deal and will be 29 years old before the season begins.

5(176) Easop Winston Jr., WR, Washington State

11296549.jpg

If you watched Minshew play at Washington State, then you're familiar with Easop Winston. Winston is a playmaker who catches everything and makes things happen in space. He's quick, jittery, and would immediately push for snaps in the slot. Also, he's a local kid, so there's a good chance he grew up a 49ers fan.

6(210) Malcolm Roach, IDL, Texas

nrw-sugar-bowl-32.jpg

High character, captain and athletic--Malcolm Roach is the quintessential day three 49ers DL. He was one of my favorite DL to watch because he plays with a big heart. Dude is versatile, smart and athletic. He plugs in at either interior defensive line spots.

7(217) Jon Runyan, OG, Michigan

draft2020_Jon-Runyan-1-800x445.jpg

Unfortunately, Runyan isn't his dad, but the 49ers draft him for many of the same reasons they took Justin Skule: toughness, intelligence, and athleticism with a lot of starting experience in a big-boy football conference.

7(245) Shaun Bradley, LB, Temple

article-696x392-05306464234e741a03bf8417865146ca.jpg

It wouldn't be a 49er draft without them grabbing a LB. Shaun Bradley fits the 49ers' profile of an athletic, undersized LB who ran 4.51 40. He competes for a roster spot and plugs into special teams.​

Thanks for dropping your mock Red.
Im not liking that 1st rd selection if Staley comes back (I think he does come back for 1 more season). Wasted pick since hes most likely gonna sit on the bench this season. I would like a pick that high to be an impact player contributing day 1, especially while we're in a Super Bowl window.

Last edited:
Pittman is a baller. Plus he seems like a great locker room dude by all means. Would love to grab him.

Makes sense on the OL pick first round. We aren't going to have a chance to draft a franchise tackle for a while since we most likely will be in the later picks for hopefully a few more seasons. Might as well shore that up early and pick up a WR in round 2.

Wilson signed his one year tender

McKinnon
Breida
Mostert
Coleman
Wilson

5 RBs under contract...One, if not two will be traded I think

Then we also have Juice... I can’t see them having 5 backs active on game day

Im not liking that 1st rd selection if Staley comes back (I think he does come back for 1 more season). Wasted pick since hes most likely gonna sit on the bench this season. I would like a pick that high to be an impact player contributing day 1, especially while we're in a Super Bowl window.

Im sure Staley has already told the 49ers his decision. If he hasn’t I’d be shocked given his tenure with the 49ers.

red81 red81

thanks for blessing us with your mock.

what about DL tho? I see you don't have them taking an IDL until the 6th round.

If your pick, Roach, doesn't pan out from the 6th round draft to the regular season team, is Solly going to step it up and take Buckner's place? Or is D.J Jones going to have to become the guy? Does D.J have a body that can be on the field that many snaps in a 17 game season + playoffs? He only played like 13% of snaps last two seasons.

I’ll be happy if we can come home with either of the 4 elite tackles or 3 big time receivers or CJ Henderson at 13. If not trade TF back!!!

red81 red81

thanks for blessing us with your mock.

what about DL tho? I see you don't have them taking an IDL until the 6th round.

If your pick, Roach, doesn't pan out from the 6th round draft to the regular season team, is Solly going to step it up and take Buckner's place? Or is D.J Jones going to have to become the guy? Does D.J have a body that can be on the field that many snaps in a 17 game season + playoffs? He only played like 13% of snaps last two seasons.

There's already a lot invested in the DL with Nick Bosa, Dee Ford, and Arik Armstead. Those three will ultimately carry the workload for the pass rush, and DJ Jones and Jullian Taylor have proven they can play in base. Don't forget that Ronald Blair will be back. I don't think he gets enough love. All he does is make plays.

Pittman is a baller. Plus he seems like a great locker room dude by all means. Would love to grab him.

Makes sense on the OL pick first round. We aren't going to have a chance to draft a franchise tackle for a while since we most likely will be in the later picks for hopefully a few more seasons. Might as well shore that up early and pick up a WR in round 2.

I think Pittman has the potential to be the biggest steal of this draft. I don't understand how this dude isn't being locked in as a first-round pick. 6'4", 223 lbs, runs excellent routes, catches everything, blocks people into the dirt, etc. Dude reminds me of Vincent Jackson.

If the draft plays out the way I mocked, expect a Joe Staley retirement announcement.

Last edited:
The way Dre Greenlaw played down the stretch could theoretically make Kwon expendable.

Personally, I'd keep Kwon until Greenlaw proves it for another year, but I would understand the thinking behind a move like that.

Kwon was a baller at LB and part of the heart of the Defense Ii'd hate to trade him.

Dee Ford had injury issues obviously but when he was on the field that pass rush was nearly unstoppable.

Tartt seems like a bad player to trade because we're already so strapped at DB. That would basically leave us with just Jimmie Ward, Tarvarius Moore, & Marcell Harris at the safety position.

Goodwin obviously I'd deal away in a heartbeat but who is actually offerin' a pick?

Back
Top Bottom