:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Matt Ryan is a guy I think would benefit from a change of scenery. Matthew Stafford as well, but I don’t see any scenario where that happens. If Jerry was stupid and there was a way to land Rayne Dakota, id be all over that, but I don’t think Jerry is that stupid.

But if the choice is either Jimmy or some stop gap guy like Tribuisky or Fitzpatrick, I’d rather just roll with Jimmy and sign a better backup.

As of right now it’s looking like they would have the 12th or 13th pick in the draft. If they feel their franchise qb of the future can be had in this draft either with wherever their pick ends up being or by moving up, this is the time to make that move. It’s looking like Miami, the Chargers and Bengals are all going to be set at qb off this draft, Arizona got their guy last year, KC traded up for Mahomes etc. Stability at the qb position would be huge.

Aside from Alex Smith in 2005. The only qb they’ve drafted in the first or second round since that time was Kap in 2011 as an early second rounder. He came into a good situation starting on a very good team when he took over in 2012 unlike Alex who had offensive coordinator after offensive coordinator and crappy coach after crappy coach until Harbaugh took over. Any qb they draft would be coming into a solid stable situation on a good team and that’s half the battle, being in a position for your young qb to develop and grow in a functional organization.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks Jerry will use Dak’s injury as the scapegoat to him not offering a long term deal. Dallas is bad enough to land Trey Lance or Zach Wilson who will be on rookie deals and give them cap flexibility to retool their roster. We’re kind of in limbo, outside looking in on the playoffs but not bad enough to be in a position to get Zach Wilson.

Matt Ryan is a guy I think would benefit from a change of scenery. Matthew Stafford as well, but I don’t see any scenario where that happens. If Jerry was stupid and there was a way to land Rayne Dakota, id be all over that, but I don’t think Jerry is that stupid.

But if the choice is either Jimmy or some stop gap guy like Tribuisky or Fitzpatrick, I’d rather just roll with Jimmy and sign a better backup.

As of right now it’s looking like they would have the 12th or 13th pick in the draft. If they feel their franchise qb of the future can be had in this draft either with wherever their pick ends up being or by moving up, this is the time to make that move. It’s looking like Miami, the Chargers and Bengals are all going to be set at qb off this draft, Arizona got their guy last year, KC traded up for Mahomes etc. Stability at the qb position would be huge.

Aside from Alex Smith in 2005. The only qb they’ve drafted in the first or second round since that time was Kap in 2011 as an early second rounder. He came into a good situation starting on a very good team when he took over in 2012 unlike Alex who had offensive coordinator after offensive coordinator and crappy coach after crappy coach until Harbaugh took over. Any qb they draft would be coming into a solid stable situation on a good team and that’s half the battle, being in a position for your young qb to develop and grow in a functional organization.

man i really needed to look up who Rayne Dakota was :lol: .. context clues were tellin me Dak but i had to confirm

I havent followed Dak's injury but is he even supposed to come back by next season?

I’m all for trading future picks to move up to draft the guy we want if the staff really likes a guy. Our 1st rounders have been very hit or miss to say the least. If we have to trade a future 1st to move several spots in the draft I’m all for. I expect it will be a late 1st next season anyway.

Getting a reliable, above average QB is priority #1. It’s worth the gamble.

Not sure what else he’s supposed to say in the middle of a season tbh but if this is the case I doubt it affects their pursuit of moving up in the draft if they think Zach Wilson or another QB is their guy

I’m all for trading future picks to move up to draft the guy we want if the staff really likes a guy. Our 1st rounders have been very hit or miss to say the least. If we have to trade a future 1st to move several spots in the draft I’m all for. I expect it will be a late 1st next season anyway.

Getting a reliable, above average QB is priority #1. It’s worth the gamble.

All of this. If they think their guy can be had, make that move. Having stability at the qb position and finally having that guy to build the offense around will set them up for years to come.

If they’re not sold on any of the guys outside of Lawerence and Fields who trading up to get would likely require trading multiple future first round picks, I’m fine with them bringing Jimmy back as long as they have a dependable backup. If they draft a qb though, I’ll be very optimistic knowing the qb would be going to a good stable situation.

Hopefully he can provide some needed pressure atleast scare the opposing teams with the 1st round name

As bad as our luck has been, we're only 1 game out of a playoff spot lol. If somehow Jimmy can come back, the team can make a run.

Wild to me we’re still right there in it :lol:

Mostert,Sherm, Deebo and Teco may be back after this bye week 👀

Back
Top Bottom