:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Like I said, half of them (3/6). It’s basically a coin-flip with Lynch. Might as well roll the dice and go all-in.

They have rolled the dice before. That’s how we ended up with Aiyuk and Kinlaw last year. It’s how we got Trent Williams on a steal. The QB position can be upgraded but the biggest need is OLine then secondary. I’m really not interested in watching whoever our QB is run for his life for 16 games.

original.gif

Need to use that 1st on an impact player now. I still think they draft an LT with that pick and use the savings they would've spent on TW on resigning some players like Verrett, Moseley and Juice. I see a lot of mocks with our pick being a CB but CBs seem to be a huge crap shoot first rounders usually don't pan on to be where they're taken in the draft.

You can't let Trent walk.

they can fix the oline, but if jimmy still runs from phantom pressure into sacks it’s all for not. it’s clear that no one guy is gonna fix all the holes, but they gotta start somewhere

imma take notes when jimmy leads us back to da promised land who wasnt on da jimmy jeepney
I am on that "don't want jimmy" list. I've seen enough of scared jimmy. Dude is all-looks, too pretty, not enough grind.

I hope Jimmy Jeepney proves me wrong tho cause I bought 2 of his jerseys.

But I just don't see it happening for one reason....jimmy jeepney always broken down and out of service
20210131_082730.jpg

Last edited:
If Jimmy is our qb next year then let’s go. I trust Kyle and Lynch if they rollin with Jimmy next year.

since we rewatching some Jimmy highlights here’s the game where I realized Jimmy was gonna be that dude

Might have to watch that Saints game later today.

Seems like we get healthy good Jimmy in odd numbered years and bad Jimmy in even numbered years. So maybe there’s a chance he stays healthy this season.

But in all honesty, if it took 2 first rounders to get a Matthew Stafford that’s going to be 33 when this season starts, I’m fine with bringing Jimmy back as long as they bring in a capable backup to where Nick Mullens or CJ Bethard aren’t starting games if Jimmy goes down (assuming they’re still on the team). I have a feeling the Rams have a disappointing season one of these next two seasons and the Lions land a real nice pick out of that trade.

I don’t see Kyle going into next season without atleast addressing the back up qb role. I can the Niners do something similar to what the raiders and Dallas did with bringing in a capable backup that took a few dollars to bring in.

I have a theory, Niners will trade with Saleh and the Jets to draft Wilson to play behind Jimmy for one year til Wilson is ready a la Smith-Mahomes in KC. Smith got hurt, then Pat took over. I can see the same happening in SF. There's a more than 50% chance Jimmy gets hurt anyway so why not

Drafting Wilson will def put the pressure on Jimmy to perform. He's had it too easy knowing CJ and Nick weren't going to threaten his starting role. It's time to change that

I have a theory, Niners will trade with Saleh and the Jets to draft Wilson to play behind Jimmy for one year til Wilson is ready a la Smith-Mahomes in KC. Smith got hurt, then Pat took over. I can see the same happening in SF. There's a more than 50% chance Jimmy gets hurt anyway so why not

Drafting Wilson will def put the pressure on Jimmy to perform. He's had it too easy knowing CJ and Nick weren't going to threaten his starting role. It's time to change that

don’t you give me hope fam....

I would prefer them trading up in the draft to get their qb of the future over them trading to get any qb not named Deshaun Watson. Ideally get stability at the qb position for years to come.

would push Jimmy to play well next season as well given that he’s ultimately playing for a potential payday somewhere else. In the crazy situation he stays healthy and plays well, he’s under contract for 2022, so if they decide to hand the keys to the new guy, they may be able to get some type of decent return for him.

If you a SB ready team, have 40 FAs, and drafting that high you want a player that can contribute right away, not sit on the bench. No way were drafting a QB with 12 or higher. SB ready teams dont do that.

So many free agents and holes in the roster I honestly wouldn't be surprised if John Lynch trades that first round pick down again, they've picekd twice in the first round every year he's been here except 2018

It depends on what they think their window is. Yes they were a super bowl team last year, but they also were a 6-10 team this year and a 4-12 team in 2018 largely in part to unreliable injury prone poor quarterback play

While aside from the 2019 super bowl appearance they haven’t had the success the 2013-16 chiefs had, they’re at a similar place to where KC was with Alex Smith imo. And those teams were in the playoffs every year winning 11 to 12 games consistently. Still they saw the writing on the wall after a 2016 season where they had the 2 seed and lost at home to Pittsburgh and decided to trade up in the draft to address the qb position long term. They got one more year out of Alex and we all know what happened after that. Point being, that was a very good Chiefs team pre Mahomes, but they realized drafting their guy would set them up to compete consistently for the long run.

If they think their window to win is just these next 2 seasons or so, then they should make moves reflective of that. Try to put the best team around Jimmy to finish the job or make some crazy offer for Aaron Rodgers.

If they think they have the organizational structure in place to where they can compete for a while, they should draft a qb if they’re certain that’s their guy and think beyond this next season.

I think everybody here doesn’t realize the team has a ton of faith in Jimmy G and that dynamic is a huge component. I am not saying I have any qualms looking to upgrade from Jimmy but, how quickly we forget how attached this team is to Jimmy.

Guarantee you ask Deebo and Kittle who they want QB’ing next year and there won’t be any hesitation.

With these qbs we’ll be facing id rather keep Jimmy and hope he draft some stud DBs/defensive players to match these qbs. Bosa gon eat.

Last edited:
I think everybody here doesn’t realize the team has a ton of faith in Jimmy G and that dynamic is a huge component. I am not saying I have any qualms looking to upgrade from Jimmy but, how quickly we forget how attached this team is to Jimmy.

Guarantee you ask Deebo and Kittle who they want QB’ing next year and there won’t be any hesitation.
They stickin with Jimmy?

Back
Top Bottom