:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
5E4ACACB-2711-4062-BE7E-C641AFD946B9.jpeg

the super bowl did nothing but solidify my position they should keep jimmy and focus almost entirely on on building that o line and defense this offseason.

pat mahomes was running for his life out there. he was pressed on over 50% of plays. Tom Brady? he was pressured on approximately 9%

The result? Pat Mahomes: 0 TDS, 1 INT, and a Super Bowl Loss

Tom Brady? 3 TDS 0 INTS 72.4% completion 125.8 QBR and a 7th super bowl win.

We can spend money and picks on guys like Deshaun Watson til we're blue in the face and still lose the big games if the other QB is better protected and has time to make his reads/throws.

^A lot of 49er fans are using yesterday to somehow justify their position of building the OL and keeping Jimmy.

I personally don't see how any real conclusions about the Chiefs OL which was missing both its tackles can be made.

I am not opposed to rebuilding our OL. In fact I think we should. But doing that and keeping Jimmy don't have to exist at the same time. We could rebuild the line and get Watson just as easily as we could rebuild the line and keep Jimmy.

you can’t compare jimmy to TB :lol:

you really think if jimmy was on the bucs he would have had the same stats as brady? youre comparing apple and oranges

the point isn't comparing Jimmy G to Tom Brady. the point is looking at what happens when the o line can't hold the rushing front

but since people are fixating on Tom Brady specifically let me help them out
1612827273007.png

since the graphic was incomplete i'll add:
Super Bowl LII: 41.3%, result: Loss
Super Bowl LIII: 25.7%, result: Win
Super Bowl LV: 7%, result: Win

5 of Tom Brady's 7 rings came from matches where he faced pressure on 33% or less of dropbacks. And 3 of Tom Brady's Super Bowl losses came from matches where he faced pressure on 40% or more dropbacks.

Yesterday, Brady was under pressure on about 7% of dropbacks, the least he has faced ever. Mahomes was under pressure 52% on dropbacks, the most pressure faced by any QB in Super Bow history.

Want to beat a great Quarterback? Get the pressure over 40% on dropbacks.

Want to give your Quarterback a chance to win the game? Gotta keep those pressures at around 33% or below.

I'd like to see the O-line upgraded regardless of whose under center but I think for Financial and Draft Capital reasons it will be Jimmy G

we get the point but you’re using brady as the example so not really the best comparison. Jimmy g even with the best oline on the planet is still gonna stare down receivers, have trouble going through progressions, fixate on one or two receivers a game, run from phantom pressure and throw 1-2 terrible picks per game. these are things he needs to workout that kill his game. no oline can fix that

i do agree that the oline needs to solidified btw., regardless of who is under center. i don’t want to see 69 out there no mo. Plus a solid center would be nice

i won’t step into the jimmy G conversation but i will say that yesterday just affirmed that no lead is safe against patrick mahomes.

the ****in chiefs were down like three possessions with five minutes left and i was still thinking “****, kc still has a chance.” :lol: either it’s PTSD from last season or mahomes is just that good

*cue jim carrey “so you’re telling me there’s a chance” gif*

there were like 3-4 key drops that if caught has them in the game

Resigning Trent, getting a center to possibly replace Richberg, some depth, and get 69 back to his normal playing weight I think will help improve this o-line and should be our focus this off-season.

i won’t step into the jimmy G conversation but i will say that yesterday just affirmed that no lead is safe against patrick mahomes.

the ****in chiefs were down like three possessions with five minutes left and i was still thinking “****, kc still has a chance.” :lol: either it’s PTSD from last season or mahomes is just that good

*cue jim carrey “so you’re telling me there’s a chance” gif*
He was hitting his guys in the face mask while running 15 yards lateral. Still can’t believe some of those throws.

There is a huge problem with this idea that we need to upgrade our OL. Because of how Kyle likes to run his offense, we are always going to favor quick, run blocking offensive lineman. He doesnt want big maulers who can lock up a defensive lineman. So either we go away from what makes this offense special to help Jimmy, or we continue to build the OL the way Kyle wants. Its a damned if you do damned if you dont scenario. This is why I want to get rid of Jimmy in favor of a running back who can make something happen with his legs if pressure comes.

Being a speedy and elusive QBs doesn’t last forever. We respect RW for the work he puts in behind that OL. But if you check the comments of their fans they’re constantly clamoring for a better OL to not get him killed.

Being a speedy and elusive QBs doesn’t last forever. We respect RW for the work he puts in behind that OL. But if you check the comments of their fans they’re constantly clamoring for a better OL to not get him killed.
I just mean I want a QB that has the ability to scramble and make things happen when protection breaks down. What is happening in Seattle is different. They arent addressing their line at all. Their OL is pathetic. PFF had our line ranked in the top 10 going into the season. Now I understand we had injuries, but still.

I just think the idea that we need to build the line with pass protecting maulers is an unrealistic want by our fans, given what Kyle clearly values in an offensive lineman.

I'm in favor of building the OL through Kyle's vision. But I also want Jimmy to operate from under C and not out of the gun. He is so much more efficient out of play action and shotgun doesn't do that for him.

I'm in favor of building the OL through Kyle's vision. But I also want Jimmy to operate from under C and not out of the gun. He is so much more efficient out of play action and shotgun doesn't do that for him.

maybe it's because we grew up watching WCO and QBs under center, but seeing jimmy operate out of the shotgun bothers the **** out of me. Jimmy and this offense play so much better when LBs are frozen on the play action or even just seeing that I-formation.

I just mean I want a QB that has the ability to scramble and make things happen when protection breaks down. What is happening in Seattle is different. They arent addressing their line at all. Their OL is pathetic. PFF had our line ranked in the top 10 going into the season. Now I understand we had injuries, but still.

I just think the idea that we need to build the line with pass protecting maulers is an unrealistic want by our fans, given what Kyle clearly values in an offensive lineman.

i know he's not the blocker Kyle wants in his offense but I'd take back Trent Brown and plug him in over McG in a heart beat.. too bad we're priced out of Brown

Back
Top Bottom