:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1614221563585.png

1614221669439.gif

Brett Favre
Steve Young
Joe Theismann

That's the entire list of Super Bowl winning QBs that were acquired via trade. Favre won it 5 years after the deal and both Young and Theismann won it 8 years after being traded. On the other hand, of the 55 Super Bowls, 47 have been won by Top 10 defenses. If we have to decimate our defense to get Watson the odds of winning #6 drastically decrease. I'm all for upgrading at QB, but not at the cost of destroying the foundation that's been built.

jj watt going to the titans or bills wouldn't be a surprise but if he goes the packers that could have some implications for the 9ers. aaron rogers and jj watt, if healthy, on the same team is quite a proposition

also, what if russel wilson really bails on seattle? :wow:

Time to hang the banner fellas. We are definitely winning now with the guy who has 53 passing TDs and 36 ints in 59 starts

If Niners don't make a move for STARTING QB before the start of the season, it's time to fire Lynch. Every other team makes home run moves, and they aren't in the basement 3 years later. This brick-by-brick stubborn crap has gotta go.

now all we need is russell wilson to get traded to the saints for a haul, and the seahawks to trade the Texans said haul and then some for Deshaun Watson

then we can deal with deshaun watson, jj watt, aaron rodgers, russel wilson, and kyler murray in the same conference bracket

and re: teddy bridgewater I'm sure they're kicking tires on a backup

lynch literally said they're happy with jimmy G and looking for guys who can win games in case he's not healthy. they want to upgrade CJ Beathard and or Nick Mullens to Teddy B-water.

I'd imagine CJ gets cut loose and Mullens hangs around to compete at camp, he knows the system and has good reads, and maybe stays on the roster as QB3 if they decide to roll 3 QB again

Teddy makes $23M this year and $26M next year and the Panthers would have a huge dead cap hit if they outright release him this year so he would likely need to be traded. That's not backup QB money.

Yall dont want to go after Watson or draft a rookie QB but you are fine paying Jimmy G and Teddy B $50M a year.

Yall dont want to go after Watson or draft a rookie QB but you are fine paying Jimmy G and Teddy B $50M a year.

Nobody here is promoting this idea tho, its just what the 9ers FO has been up to, whether its due diligence or not they're definitely at least entertaining the possibility

to be honest I think that unless they make the SB again this will be Jimmy Gs last season as a 9er

its just a matter of whether they try to go all-in and mortgage the foreseeable future away to try to win it all 2021-2022 or whether they try to be more cautious and prep for building the future team around a different guy

Back
Top Bottom