:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers vs. Detroit Lions @ Ford Field 10/16:::

2n0mzio.png

Coming off a HUGE win, going into our hardest game of the year so far. Hopefully our offense can continue clicking and we find an answer for Megatron..

GO NINERS!

Tampa Bay was a great match up for us, this is not.  They don't run the ball well anyway and have a QB who can air it out more than Freeman can.
I think we do have a chance though but I'm going into the game expecting a loss, and hoping for a W.  I think any of us would have gladly jumped at the chance to be 4-2 going into the bye before the season.

HAVE to study the film and the WR routes and beat them to the punch, much like last game VS TB. Get pressure on Stafford and make him throw inaccurate. Limit megatron, dude is a monster. TOUGHEST game of the season so far, would like to be 5-1 into the bye week. Lets get it!

not much to study, megatron's route is "okay well i'm taller and faster than these dudes plus i got amazing hops, so just throw it up for grabs"-- and there's no way to stop that.

laugh.gif

anyways, the SFO OL is gonna have their hands full with that beast DET DL so hopefully they can limit the damage that's gonna be done there.
gotta contain Best's speed as well.

Unlike seasons past (and some of you) Im not expecting a loss, but a hard fought game between these two teams. I hope the niners pull it out, but if not i wont be too disappointed because i know detroit is a good team (and i know the niners are a good team too).

Run D should stuff the run naturally, and I hope they keep one of the safeties over the top to avoid long bombs to CJ like we seen tonight.  Their front 4 are monsters but if we could exploit their LBs would could come out with a W and be 5-1 into the bye. 

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

HAVE to study the film and the WR routes and beat them to the punch, much like last game VS TB. Get pressure on Stafford and make him throw inaccurate. Limit megatron, dude is a monster. TOUGHEST game of the season so far, would like to be 5-1 into the bye week. Lets get it!

Agree with all of this. Our defensive backs and safeties need to have a great and focused week of practice and film studies, with the way Stafford likes to throw the ball we have to be one step ahead of the receivers.

Megatron has the big play ability to change the entire outlook on a game, he's capable of taking over a game, and that's pretty rare for a wideout to be able to do.

After 26 straight games of  not allowing a 100 yard rusher, I dont expect anything different. Jahvid should be held in check for the most part, again though he's another threat to catch the ball.

This game is the NFL Game Of The Week next week
pimp.gif
.. who would've thought at the beginning of the season that the Lions and 49ers would take that honor come Week 6. Shows a lot about both teams. 5-0 is impressive but we about to end that! Can't wait for this one.

This maybe the game Alex Smith has to win. The Lions Defense esp the front 7 loves to get pressure on the QB. They have some decent players in there secondary no one really outstanding. I'm looking forward to some screens to offset there aggressiveness of the front 7 and some 1 on 1 matchups via the play action down the field.

Watched some of tonights MNF game the Detroit crowd was loud and caused a whole bunch of false starts so the O-line will need to be ready and focused.

Detroits offense/Megatron.
I expect a lot of double coverage probably a lot Rogers and safety help.
Best did well tonight but I'm not worried about him or us not being able to stop the run.

24-21 49ers

You guys are dead. Crabtree will have game parallel to whatever I produce on the field, though.

Originally Posted by megatron

You guys are dead. Crabtree will have game parallel to whatever I produce on the field, though.
CJ, thank you for all the fantasy points and wins youve given me so far this season, but i hope you dont have a big day against us or win this next game, thanks.

I think this will be a good game. The 49ers coming off a huge win so they will def. have some momentum going into Sunday. Lions need to shut down Gore. I'm hoping to see 6-0. Lets Go!!

Should be a good game. It's funny, seeing this game on the schedule before the season started, I marked it off as an easy win. But, after watching the Lions play the last few weeks, I definitely think they are capable of being elite. I'm confident that the Niners D will contain the run, now, keeping up with their explosive passing game, that's another story. We have to pressure Stafford like crazy and create a good scoring cushion.

Prediction: 27-17, Niners.

hopefully jahvid best can have a good day and the lions still lose, I need them fantasy points

the SFO OL is gonna have their hands full with that beast DET DL so hopefully they can limit the damage that's gonna be done there.

That's really my only/main concern.  The Lions defensive line is very aggressive and very good.  Still get the running game going early and we should be good.  I see our defense doing a great job against the run once again for another week.

Back
Top Bottom