Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

i dont think that was a small amount produced at all. the fact that there were pairs available for online is proof of that. his main clientele is the locals and he met that demand nicely. i do think the brand's popularity is growing tremendously, which is deserving and great. but reselling is becoming more prevalent overseas as well, and that's also another reason less were available for online. back when they were still pumping out great collabs, it was rare to see campouts of 50+ deep. so i was kind of panicking when i saw how much turned up for this release. i thought my connect might back out and try to flip pairs instead of hooking me up. i have other solebox collabs (1500s and gel lyte iiis) and if youre familiar with any other releases those were also in quantities of less than 200. only the recent reeboks were made in bigger numbers, and that still caused their servers to crash. that release was also handled similarly, in unannounced fashion. except they separated "international" orders from "EU" orders. the EU guys were pissed thinking the others would buy up all the stock. but there were enough produced (i think it was around 600 pairs?) that im sure pairs were allotted to each region so it's not like EU customers were at a disadvantage. the ordering process would just set up this way to try and avoid server crashes. they're not built to handle traffic of that magnitude. the site still crashed and people had the same issue. some spent all day trying to get an order through lol. luckily on that release i got my order in immediately. sure it's a pain in the *** and customers wish they'd upgrade their servers, but people need to understand they shouldn't have to spend extra money to upgrade when for the most part their current setup is just fine. they should be grateful for just the opportunity to have a shot and not solely rely on resellers.
hikmet is a great guy. there a ton of shops that wouldn't even care to bother putting up their releases up for international orders.
and yes, pairs deducted from the 350 total. pink only however, from what i was told. no greys. my guess would be since there were more pink pairs produced.

i dont think that was a small amount produced at all. the fact that there were pairs available for online is proof of that. his main clientele is the locals and he met that demand nicely. i do think the brand's popularity is growing tremendously, which is deserving and great. but reselling is becoming more prevalent overseas as well, and that's also another reason less were available for online. back when they were still pumping out great collabs, it was rare to see campouts of 50+ deep. so i was kind of panicking when i saw how much turned up for this release. i thought my connect might back out and try to flip pairs instead of hooking me up. i have other solebox collabs (1500s and gel lyte iiis) and if youre familiar with any other releases those were also in quantities of less than 200. only the recent reeboks were made in bigger numbers, and that still caused their servers to crash. that release was also handled similarly, in unannounced fashion. except they separated "international" orders from "EU" orders. the EU guys were pissed thinking the others would buy up all the stock. but there were enough produced (i think it was around 600 pairs?) that im sure pairs were allotted to each region so it's not like EU customers were at a disadvantage. the ordering process would just set up this way to try and avoid server crashes. they're not built to handle traffic of that magnitude. the site still crashed and people had the same issue. some spent all day trying to get an order through lol. luckily on that release i got my order in immediately. sure it's a pain in the *** and customers wish they'd upgrade their servers, but people need to understand they shouldn't have to spend extra money to upgrade when for the most part their current setup is just fine. they should be grateful for just the opportunity to have a shot and not solely rely on resellers.
hikmet is a great guy. there a ton of shops that wouldn't even care to bother putting up their releases up for international orders.
and yes, pairs deducted from the 350 total. pink only however, from what i was told. no greys. my guess would be since there were more pink pairs produced.
I hear you. I was just referring to overall demand as opposed to how their local turnout went. Judging by the out-lash on their twitter account from many dissatisfied people, it didn't look like the supply met the demand on a global-scale. Not saying that it would or should have to, but 350 truly isn't a large amount. Maybe in terms of Solebox collabs, but not in retrospect. My guy out there went with his girlfriend who secured my Pinks as well as Greys for another friend. I agree though, the recent resurgence of runners/trainers is nice, but that comes at a cost. I'm slowly seeing people getting interested in shoes just for their limited tag. It is what it is, but it's just odd to see shoes sellout when a few years ago they would just sit on shelves. I'm assuming my connect stated #s of 150 of each colorway as those 50 extra pairs of Pink Devils were the main highlight and held-off for friends/family as you suggested...

I love my bushwackers..and i might have to pick up those grey n purple grids for Laker season 
smokin.gif

i would love to see all releases never be limited, but that will never happen. these guys know the model that keeps their product in demand. look at ronnie fieg riding the wave as long as he can.
i really was honestly surprised to see so much people, especially americans suddenly into saucony. pretty sure it's all about $$$ and will continue to be that way. oh well.
not sure where your connect got that info, but he was wrong. it was mentioned (to those that asked) 200 pairs of pink devils from before the release date. for only the pink devils, they included a smaller size for women, i guess. and for those that noticed there was a much larger selection of sizes available in pink devils online because obviously there were more pairs leftover from the in-store release.
whatever the case, who cares if he had wrong info as long as he secured a pair for you lol.

Saucony is an American brand though. They have an international following, but it still does very well stateside. Nowhere near NB, Asics, etc., but still prominent. Interest has peaked in most brands so you really can't single them out as the shoe game, in this year specifically, is all over the place...

As for available sizes, the grey had 3 sizes available while the pink had 4. This was about 20-min after they released online so I'm not sure exactly what availability was at initial launch...

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to grab the only sz 10 pink ones online. I started adding the grey ones in my cart around 4pm est. I gave up and went out.

Came home around 2:30 am est and saw them online and picked them up.

The quality is on point with the suede on these.

Bodega x Saucony Elite G9 Pack ..are these only releasing in bodega?? I want a pair but I'm not for lines. And how do these run size wise?

the previous bodega collabs were available at other shops. ubiq and premier come to mind among other spots. so if your local has got saucony collabs before, there's a good chance. these latest ones are pretty awful to me, but my opinion doesnt matter to anyone except me.

that's awesome jack. i had been checking sporadically on my iphone trying to check out, and eventually the whole page was removed. at that point i figured it was game over and i completely stopped checking. strange that it came back up so late. congrats!

sniper. i dont even know what youre saying already. there were definitely more sizes than 3 and 4 respectively. the pink almost had a fsr, minus 11 and 11.5. when the greys were posted, but not the pinks, a lot of people were smart enough to manually type in the url swapping out "grey" with "pink" and added them into their carts. if anyone knew the URLs, they were up and running. just not visible until posted on the product page.

Haha! You couldn't understand that I only saw a few sizes available 20-minutes after they released? That simply implies that they sold out rather quickly despite server problems or didn't have enough to begin with. You're thinking too much into it...

As for the guy who said he got the only size 10 Pinks online, you're wrong. My boy out in NYC snagged one as well...

Last edited:
Haha! You couldn't understand that I only saw a few sizes available 20-minutes after they released? That simply implies that they sold out rather quickly despite server problems or didn't have enough to begin with. You're thinking too much into it...
As for the guy who said he got the only size 10 Pinks online, you're wrong. My boy out in NYC snagged one as well...
Right when I paid the sz 10 went away. There was still 8, 8.5, 10.5, 11, 12 left in the pink ones. Guess I got the last pair.

Right when I paid the sz 10 went away. There was still 8, 8.5, 10.5, 11, 12 left in the pink ones. Guess I got the last pair.
^Regardless, bro, I'm glad you were able to get a pair. I had a few buddies trying for awhile and all except the one previously mentioned came-up empty-handed...

In other news, I just got a lovely e-mail along with my shipping info. Shipped priority so they should be here no later than Tuesday/Wednesday. Dude was kind enough to snap a quick photo and let me know that he might have someone letting one of their "3-Brothers" go for basically retail...

Last edited:
Bodega x Saucony Elite G9 Pack ..are these only releasing in bodega?? I want a pair but I'm not for lines. And how do these run size wise?

I've picked up most of my Bodega x Saucony Elite releases from Premier Skateboarding in Grand Rapids, MI. They seem to have them the same day as Bodega and I've always been able to order my pairs with no problem. There's someone on ebay that keeps on selling full size runs a few weeks after release for retail or a few dollars less. I managed to get a pair of the Shadow 5000s from the first release from there without spending more than it'd have cost me buying them from bodega or premier.

I prefer to buy from Premier even if Bodega has them in stock because of the cheaper shipping rates Premier has.

oh well, i'm takin' the plunge and ordered a size 8 (all sold out of my tts 8.5) in the grey/blue. much rather have to rock em' sockless than have to wear thick-*** socks or have them look like i'm wearin' clown shoes...

btw, they're available on bodega's site as well (early i guess):

http://shop.bdgastore.com/collections/saucony-elite

good luck coppin' your size all!

Dang.....wanted the grey joints too.  All sold out.  Guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Those purple joints are kinda calling my name though.  Hmmmm.........

edit:  Ended up scooping the Grey/Blue joints off of Premier.  

Last edited:
*sigh...ok, unless someone else is out there buying them all up before i get there, or i'm seriously starting to think they never made a 8.5 in the g9 elites...

really hope my size 8 will fit okay...not sure i wanna pick up the size 9 in the grey/blue in the event the size 8's are too tight.

if you were me...would you pick up both sizes? and just return the other one that doesn't fit as well?

It looks like the resellers are trying to get more people hip to Saucony. Checked on ebay to see if the guy that sells for retail had the new ones in yet and saw multiple pairs of the Purple G9 Shadow 6000s going for 200. I hope this isn't the start of a new trend, I loved getting these for retail or less even if I missed the boat on release day.

Received my 5 & 6 pairs from Premiere today...great fall shoes.

fyi Hanon-shop also has a fsr in all 3 c/w's

Last edited:
%24%28KGrHqZ,%21ogE-0zBOZHJBQB%29MtQrf%21%7E%7E60_57.JPG

%24T2eC16V,%21y0E9s2S65dnBP+f59Mpnw%7E%7E60_3.JPG

Seen these in the resale market for good prices. Glad these aren't hyped.

Only problem is that they seem to only go up to 12.

Did they make these in a size 13, where can I get them, and if not, can I rock with a 12? (I wear a 13 in everything except the Lebron 9's, which I had to size up to a 14)

Just got on to Saucony, so I really don't know where I could get these in person.

Last edited:
do they still sell the hangtime in places? i loved this shoe and bought a ton of the retros in 2000

Back
Top Bottom