Official Schoolboy Q Oxymoron Thread, Releasing February 25th 2014

I refuse to listen to anything else until the album drops. Yay Yay, Collard Greens, MotY and Banger is enough.

Loved every single out so far. Can't wait. 
pimp.gif

ONly reason i'm not listening to Break the Bank is I want the album to still sound new when it drops and I've already heard 3/4 songs off it.

Is there a tracklist out yet? Only song I heard so far has been Yay Yay and a small section of Collard Greens. This album is going to be damn near 100% fresh to me.

I've LITERALLY been listening to break the bank all day, that beat, that first verse, ish just keeps sounding better and better, type of song that makes albums classic. :smh:

I'm calling it now, Oxymoron>>>>>GKMC. Going to be a classic imo.

Last edited:
I've LITERALLY been listening to break the bank all day, that beat, that first verse, ish just keeps sounding better and better, type of song that makes albums classic. :smh:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm with you geministar geministar

Q ain't been sitting around twiddling his thumbs. Dude made it clear early on he was trying to top Kendrick and if Break the Bank is any indication, he might be on that path.

carltonjunior carltonjunior

For my money, and I loved G.K.M.C. to the point that I had to make myself stop playing it, Q's sound is grimy and fits what I vibe to better.

Last edited:

I've never been crazy about Kendrick, so I can see this being how I feel about it after the dust settles too.

That **** knocks but let's not go overboard. :lol:

Glad to see young dudes still putting some aggression in their music. :pimp:

I purposely avoid this thread just cause i don't want to listen to a bunch of leaked song, and eventually a bunch of those leaks make the album, but had to listen to "Break The Bank". Niiiiice :pimp:

****** up and listened to Break Da Bank. Then did so all day today, it's nuts. Not listening to anything more though until it drops.

I'm with you geministar geministar

Q ain't been sitting around twiddling his thumbs. Dude made it clear early on he was trying to top Kendrick and if Break the Bank is any indication, he might be on that path.

carltonjunior carltonjunior

For my money, and I loved G.K.M.C. to the point that I had to make myself stop playing it, Q's sound is grimy and fits what I vibe to better.

BINGO

Imma start this off by saying that I'm just as big of a Schoolboy fan as I am Kendrick if not a lil bit more which is why I may sound biased. The four songs on the album that we've heard are collard greens, man of the year, break the bank, and yay yay, all of which goes hard, and then there is still 13 songs that we ain't hear yet?!. If the singles are any indication of what the album is going to sound like then I'm sticking to my statement.

I know Q ain't the most lyrical but his energy and presence on a track is through the roof, mind you he's clearly getting better lyrically and his beats go hard. His energy + him improving lyrically + his beat selection = A PROBLEM.

Also, all of y'all seem to forget that this song is going to be on the album...

Sir San Diego Sir San Diego & Gordonson Gordonson Can y'all imagine hearing the full CDQ version of this?! :x

Like I said, Oxymoron is going to be a classic. From tonight until February 25th I'm not listening to no more Q.

I haven't bought an album since like 2004 when Eminems Encore dropped :lol:

Had to preorder this though :smokin . Q is that dude.

geministar geministar I'm not even about to listen to that unfinished song son :lol:

I haven't listened to Break the Bank either. I'm THAT hyped to the point where my ears are sealed until the CDQ Album leak drops. I'm going in with only 3 songs heard (Yay Yay, Man of the Year, and Collard Greens) and I am about to feast :pimp:

geministar geministar I'm not even about to listen to that unfinished song son :lol:

I haven't listened to Break the Bank either. I'm THAT hyped to the point where my ears are sealed until the CDQ Album leak drops. I'm going in with only 3 songs heard (Yay Yay, Man of the Year, and Collard Greens) and I am about to feast :pimp:

I feel you bruh, if Wikipedia is correct about the confirmed tracks then I just realized that I've listened to 8 out of the 17 songs on the album leaving me with only nine new songs to listen to. :smh:

That's what my *** gets. :lol: :frown:

Break THe Bank is dope! I am really intrigued to hear what Q brings on this album.

All that Oxymoron is going to better than GKMC talk is crazy though.

BTW didn't Top Dawg say that all the songs we already heard (Yay Yay, Collard Greens etc) won't be on the album?

Back
Top Bottom