:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

i got a question, i got a pair of GM concords that are DS. the lace hoops or w/e they are called that are in between the mesh :lol: are kinda yellow.

anyway to whiten them up? obviously not from wear, probably yellow from the factory like that so not sure if it would even whiten up.

Pics man, pics :lol:

TOP PAIR

I'm going to be really honest, from that pic, there doesn't look like there's anything wrong with them. But if you're that crazy about your pair, use liquid bar keeper's friend to clean said area.

hard to see in the pic

most of you guys wouldnt even think its a big deal :lol: SRS

just looks odd to me

Do suede brushes work on the recent bred 4's? Mine got really dusty on a family trip. Also need help on cleaning the dirt from the netting

Last edited:
hard to see in the pic

most of you guys wouldnt even think its a big deal :lol: SRS

just looks odd to me

I wouldn't worry too much about it

i just wanted the whole upper white as hell

They're shoes man, relax :lol:. They won't even be like that after 10 wears, you'll be cleaning like this forever. I'll tell you this, for the amount of work to make them bright, just wait a little longer. I'm currently fixing my pair of 2000 Concords and it's work. If you want to prolong the yellowing on the upper, clean the entire shoe with soap and water after every wear, outsole included.

Anyone have a guide on what angelus paints to use on the aqua 8 midsoles? The cracking on it is really bad, and also what paint finisher to use?

After two weeks of Retro Brite these are the end results:

Compared too (sellers photos):

Patience is def the key. Only problem is if done to much the rubber becomes slick, and no traction. So I wouldn't recommend playing any sports in them. I'm happy with the results and plan on using as beaters til they release new ones.
Make sure you cover the parts not being cleared with a cardboard cutout, this will prevent loss of traction. Also saran wrap them when out in the sun.

Soles of my 03 Nubuck XII's starting to seperate after I left them in my car during that recent heat wave.. Best glue/adhesive to use to re-attach?

How do you whiten the mesh on concord 11 using RIT whitener? I have the liquid form and have been using it with no results. Would powder bkf be a quicker solution?

BKF liquid or RIT liquid? Guess I'll give BKF a try. Seems like BKF would be better since it seems more stronger to be able to be used in household cleaning

How is it applied?
orally but is absorbed faster anally, your choice lol j/k if the liquid use a toothbrush and scrub in on gently in circular motions and then rinse off. make sure you thoroughly rinse it or it will damage the mesh and leave burn marks, learned that from experience :frown:

BFK is also abrasive which can damage the leather/ patent leather by stripping the paint and drying it up causing cracking. Use RIT which is safer and does the job better.

^i actually agree, specifically these:

they're the newest dr. scholl's model insole for sneakers...$15-$20 per pair
but i've never used the spencos or softsoles so i can't judge by comparison

Last edited:
I know these aren't Jordans, but I couldn't see where else to post it. I just picked up the LeBron X Black Suede, Denim, and Cork. How would you go about cleaning all three and taking care of them? The suede I know already, but what about denim and cork? 

Just dropped my '00 space jams off to a shoe repairer, he said he could do it, he probabaly thought I was crazy as a questioned his technique of how he was planning on doing it :lol:

I feel like I just dropped my kid off with a complete stranger :rofl:

Laughing but not laughing

Just dropped my '00 space jams off to a shoe repairer, he said he could do it, he probabaly thought I was crazy as a questioned his technique of how he was planning on doing it :lol:

I feel like I just dropped my kid off with a complete stranger :rofl:

Laughing but not laughing

pics of how it turns out. I might actually go this route. Not having time for my project is driving me crazy.

Back
Top Bottom