:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

What is the “home remedy” equivalent to reshoevn8r or like cleaners for white mesh? Need to start my next restore project on my 2000 concords and don’t want to wait air pay for a cleaning product if I don’t have to. Thanks!

4C5FD96D-AC07-47F6-8166-EEAE19AE1312.jpeg
Bar Keepers Friend. Check the OP.

What is the “home remedy” equivalent to reshoevn8r or like cleaners for white mesh? Need to start my next restore project on my 2000 concords and don’t want to wait air pay for a cleaning product if I don’t have to. Thanks!

4C5FD96D-AC07-47F6-8166-EEAE19AE1312.jpeg

I saw something on Facebook the other day that said mixing baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, and water could work for cleaning white shoes. Anybody ever tried that? Might try it on some beaters if i get some time.

Last edited:
Aight so in my possession I have some Banneds 2016 which have black spots on the leather and the toebox leather is not soft as it should be, but is stiffer. Afaik both are caused by contact with rain and I read that leather conditioner can help in my case, but didn’t the Breds also have some problem with Crepp and the likes? What should I do?

Aight so in my possession I have some Banneds 2016 which have black spots on the leather and the toebox leather is not soft as it should be, but is stiffer. Afaik both are caused by contact with rain and I read that leather conditioner can help in my case, but didn’t the Breds also have some problem with Crepp and the likes? What should I do?

Do you have any pictures of the damage?

For the black spots on your shoes, use a hard bristle brush with laundry detergent with lukewarm water. For the stiffness, use an natural leather conditioner with dab of it, rub the area with a soft rag.

Just received my pair of Banned 1s from Goat App. I noticed that the edge of the leather cut on the back tab for my left shoe is black or dirty. Has anyone else ran into this issue? Is this normal given with Nike’s QC?
C4C55BB1-9E35-4569-88E0-866EF6C30EA4.jpeg

Just received my pair of Banned 1s from Goat App. I noticed that the edge of the leather cut on the back tab for my left shoe is black or dirty. Has anyone else ran into this issue? Is this normal given with Nike’s QC?
C4C55BB1-9E35-4569-88E0-866EF6C30EA4.jpeg

I have never gotten a bad pair from Goat, I would check back with the seller and get your money back.

Yeah, that's just a property of phylon.

If I'm not mistaken, some focused steam (like from a fabric steamer or the spout of a tea kettle) can heavily de-crease the midsole but it'll come back the next time you wear them.

I got these weird black marks on the soles of my 2014 infrared 6s. What are these and how can I get rid of them? The shoe was worn twice but never got dirty and sat in a closet for years

Attachments

• 36DA734E-B838-4050-ACFB-C3155373A294.jpeg
    36DA734E-B838-4050-ACFB-C3155373A294.jpeg
    21.3 KB · Views: 15
  • FC40F49F-A81C-4DA1-BC1A-027BC0FFCAA7.jpeg
    FC40F49F-A81C-4DA1-BC1A-027BC0FFCAA7.jpeg
    230.5 KB · Views: 14
So These space jams of mine, I’ve literally beat these to death. I’ve worn them in the snow, wore them IN the water, and recently wore them to the beach and went hiking. Decided it’s sunday, got nothing to do, why not give these a nice cleaning. Here’s some before/after pics:
F9418C8C-7C1C-4CC4-BBE7-2E635385A570.jpeg
D10B149F-9C01-46C7-9E62-0F44A1A33B1A.jpeg
3AC1C4A0-2913-4A00-A259-FAA323851ADA.jpeg
5D387DC6-A600-41C7-9005-F038F45BCAE5.jpeg
56645B9F-22AB-4857-96FB-EC217BAAEBFC.jpeg
47FA8BA0-FF02-4115-B2AC-0023D1E5C131.jpeg

Noticed some deep scuffs in the patented leather and some separation in the toe box which I was dreading.
0B5E8728-F39F-4338-85ED-6623E34F112E.jpeg
E4643BF2-76E9-4451-AC7A-9FF6440A59E9.jpeg
DFBCA5D6-6A0F-428F-87B8-57697DC24C09.jpeg

But overall I’ve gotten my money’s worth in wears. Plus I have my extra pair which might start seeing wear sooner than expected. Looking forward to do the same with the concords!

Those still look pretty good. Soles still icey. What did you use to clean?

Thanks! I think I’m going to take it easy from now on. Plan on re-gluing the toes but have to get some barge ceement first.

I used Jason Markk solution with brush, oxiclean, and dishwasher scrub sponge for the soles. The oxi/scrub combo is clutch for the pita areas like the heels. Soles still holding ice pretty well. I’m impressed despite the abuse it’s taken.

Anybody know a good shoe stretcher that would make more width for my toes, esp right pinky toe...i got way too many shoes i don't wear cuz they r just slightly too narrow for my wide feet.
I got a shoe stretcher on amazon that was supposed to work on any shoe, but since a lot of my js are high top the stretcher wouldnt fit...tia

Ya'll will probably laugh about this petty stain on the stitching lol, but does anyone know a cleaning solution/stain remover or anything that I can just dab on a Q-Tip or something and just get it off with a quick dab or so without having to rub the stitching aggressively back and forth with water and possibly causing it to fray or anything to get it off. Super OCD, im actually contemplating about leaving it alone. The stain looks worse than it is on the pic if you look closely in hand in person....it's kind of tough to get off its been sitting there for a while now so its settled in.

Attachments

• stain.jpg
    stain.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 25
Ya'll will probably laugh about this petty stain on the stitching lol, but does anyone know a cleaning solution/stain remover or anything that I can just dab on a Q-Tip or something and just get it off with a quick dab or so without having to rub the stitching aggressively back and forth with water and possibly causing it to fray or anything to get it off. Super OCD, im actually contemplating about leaving it alone. The stain looks worse than it is on the pic if you look closely in hand in person....it's kind of tough to get off its been sitting there for a while now so its settled in.
i would try either nail polish remover, or peroxide, on a q tip see if you can lighten or remove the spot. but at that point you rubbed the stitch twice and don't want to take the chance it frays; so leave it alone; that glitter though get some meguiars leather wipes

about to customize some breds; 1)strip og toe box paint with nail polish remover, 2)repaint with two to three light coats, 3)apply a coat of angelus finisher
am i missing any steps, or advice from anyone here that turned bred toes to black toes

4)take to professional if it doesn't work out

repaint with two to three light coats

You'll probably want to do more layers than this if you're laying white on red.

I don't want to be Captain Obvious, but unless you figure out how to match the sail on the side panels, you're going to notice the difference in color between that and the new white toe box.

As for advice; use masking tape to isolate the areas you're working on, try to paint in a back and forth motion, and don't forget to let the layers dry before painting another.

Back
Top Bottom