:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I’ve used both Salon Care and Seaglow over the years to ice the bottoms of Vs and VIs. Works super well.

But the NETTING on Vs? I don’t seem to be able to clear those up too well.

I’ve seen people say Seaglow DOESN’T work on the netting even though it works great on the soles. I’ve never actually tried it. Seaglow isn’t something I’m trying to waste as it’s ‘not cheap’.

I did ONE session a few years ago, using the SC40 on the netting, but it was a short session and yielded zero results.

There’s a Retrosnickers vid claiming SC works on the Vs netting.

Anyone have actual personal experience in SUCCESSFULLY restoring the netting on Vs?

Any suggestions?

I have both Seaglow and SC40. I’m not purposely being lazy by asking. I’ve gotten no results in my limited attempts and am just looking for anything actionable.

Ty in advance for anyone who responds.

I’ve used both Salon Care and Seaglow over the years to ice the bottoms of Vs and VIs. Works super well.

I’ve seen people say Seaglow DOESN’T work on the netting even though it works great on the soles. I’ve never actually tried it. Seaglow isn’t something I’m trying to waste as it’s ‘not cheap’.

I did ONE session a few years ago, using the SC40 on the netting, but it was a short session and yielded zero results.

Anyone have actual personal experience in SUCCESSFULLY restoring the netting on Vs?

Any suggestions?

I have both Seaglow and SC40. I’m not purposely being lazy by asking. I’ve gotten no results in my limited attempts and am just looking for anything actionable.

try oxiclean for the netting.

feelingood feelingood

I had a brown stain on the mesh of my concords and put oxiclean with water on there and scrubbed them for like 5-10 minutes.

It got lighter, but it's still there, I left the spray on for a couple of minutes.

Is there anything I can do?

Also is it ok to use oxi clean on clear soles or soles that aren't white?

I remember you saying it was for white soles after I ended up using it on my concords and it came out pretty clean, but I don't want to mess them up if I'm not supposed to do it.

feelingood feelingood

I had a brown stain on the mesh of my concords and put oxiclean with water on there and scrubbed them for like 5-10 minutes.

It got lighter, but it's still there, I left the spray on for a couple of minutes.

Is there anything I can do?

Also is it ok to use oxi clean on clear soles or soles that aren't white?

I remember you saying it was for white soles after I ended up using it on my concords and it came out pretty clean, but I don't want to mess them up if I'm not supposed to do it.

Brown stains are tricky. Continue cleaning, diluting less with water. And let the oxiclean sit on them for a little as your doing. For brown stains on midsoles, I have had great success with gum erasers. Just dont create friction when your rubbing the eraser onto the midsole (dont rub it super fast). Oxiclean should be able to get it out.

As far as using oxiclean or not for your soles. If you used and it works, then go for it. There is no right and wrong way. I personally dont use oxiclean for clear soles, but it doesnt mean that it wont work well for you. Thats just a preference of mine.

Any suggestions?

I want to know this as well please. I recently purchased a pair of vnds Fire Red 5s and the netting is slightly yellowed and need to figure out the best solution to make them whitish again.

What is the best/recommended method of restoring the netting on the 5s???

Thanks

Any suggestions?

Find a donor and swap out the netting

I want to know this as well please. I recently purchased a pair of vnds Fire Red 5s and the netting is slightly yellowed and need to figure out the best solution to make them whitish again.

What is the best/recommended method of restoring the netting on the 5s???

Thanks
Find a donor and swap out the netting

I’ve been trying to avoid that.

Pretty expensive fix, imo.

Unless you have a pair already, you’re talking apx. $50-80 to get a used pair that still has icy netting.

Blah. lol.

I’ll Salon Care the hell out of them first, see if it helps at all. If not, maybe I will indeed go down the donor road.

I’m not a seamstress, tho’, and the netting swaps I’ve seen all Barge Cement the upper back down where the stitching was ripped initially to remove the netting. So, if I want to swap netting I either have to find someone who can sew them back shut, or be cool w/the cement.

Grrrrr.

Decisions.

Ty for the response.

Saw this midsole paint marker pop up in my Facebook newsfeed. Anybody use anything like this for white midsoles that have yellowed?

Amazon product ASIN B07JBCFHST
In the past I’ve used one of these.

C9F47EB8-18FC-4B2A-B854-524348C387E5.jpeg

Did you try these out?

I picked up my Grail OG DS Concord XI from 1995

I'm not finished w them but here is my progress:

When I bought them they had a yellowed mesh and soles were yellowed especially towards the toe box:

Before:
Screenshot_20190218-155103__01.jpg
IMG_20190225_133942__01.jpg
IMG_20190225_133957__01.jpg

Currently:
IMG_20190301_151215-01.jpeg
IMG_20190301_151609.jpg
IMG_20190301_151256.jpg

mesh looks good. whatd u use to get it back to white?

I used various things for the Mesh.

First I used ReShoevenator to clean the mesh, then oxi clean. I let them dry overnight and it didn't really do much.

I then used OUT white Brite w water and afterwards OxiClean HD liquid laundry detergent which has a blue tint and set them out to dry in the sun, that did the trick.

**One IMPORTANT thing to note**
If you ever clean the mesh of any old concords like 1995 or 2000 release, do not get the patent leather wet as it bleeds onto the mesh. I almost died when I saw that the line where mesh meets leather had bled a dark green onto the mesh. Took me all day to clean that out luckily before it dried.

Whats up guys,
So i recently wont these Jordan 6 Chrome lows on ebay for $20.The shoes are in almost perfect condition besides the not so yellowed soles.
My question is, how do i get rid of that ashy looking spot on the toe area?
i gave them a good cleaning using Reshoevn8r and everything cleaned up well except that spot.
It doesn't seem like they are scuffed or anything, just a weird ashy spot.
IMG_0636.jpg
IMG_0637.jpg

feelingood feelingood

What do you recommend for these?

You can't really see but the line is a deep scratch and Idk what to do to fix it.

And what do you recommend for the toe area that's ashy? I got some angelus red dye, I hope it matches the dye from the original colorway.

Attachments

• 20190313_140225.jpg
    20190313_140225.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 19
feelingood feelingood

What do you recommend for these?

You can't really see but the line is a deep scratch and Idk what to do to fix it.

And what do you recommend for the toe area that's ashy? I got some angelus red dye, I hope it matches the dye from the original colorway.

I usually use suede repair/renew spray (as I usually have had this problem on black suede). Its basically spray on dye. As long as the colors match youll be alright. Just try to spray it on something else to make sure the color is right. I got the same problen actually on my tannery c notes (as far as ashy suede, the green on them turned into a light gray after I used Jason Mark on them.. It literally washed the suede color off when I was doing spot cleaning) Honestly I left it alone. Being as how valuable the shoe is to you, if it is sometimes its not worth the risk of damaging them more by trying to repair.

Scratches in suede are tough, but a suede eraser can help smooth it out... Use a suede eraser and a medium soft brush.

As far as the dye.. Call angelus and talk to them in person. I am sure they have a match on the color made already or can guide you.

Last edited:
Yeah, imma have to dye these things because they are ashy red.

I didn’t think about contacting them to see if the colors match. Good idea.

Thanks

I usually use suede repair/renew spray (as I usually have had this problem on black suede). Its basically spray on dye. As long as the colors match youll be alright. Just try to spray it on something else to make sure the color is right. I got the same problen actually on my tannery c notes (as far as ashy suede, the green on them turned into a light gray after I used Jason Mark on them.. It literally washed the suede color off when I was doing spot cleaning) Honestly I left it alone. Being as how valuable the shoe is to you, if it is sometimes its not worth the risk of damaging them more by trying to repair.

Scratches in suede are tough, but a suede eraser can help smooth it out... Use a suede eraser and a medium soft brush.

As far as the dye.. Call angelus and talk to them in person. I am sure they have a match on the color made already or can guide you.

My 33s just started bleeding hottibly, the red and gold under the white mesh is bleeding through bad from sweat. I've only worn them indoors a few times. Any tips on cleaning it? Water is probably going to make it worse? Or you guys think Nike would return them as defective for another pair? This sucks I love this shoe and this is really the only CW I really like, I'm highly disappointed with JB.

Some pics
20190315_195508.jpg
20190315_195517.jpg
20190315_195531.jpg
20190315_195540.jpg
20190315_195602.jpg
20190315_195605.jpg

Yeah, imma have to dye these things because they are ashy red.

I didn’t think about contacting them to see if the colors match. Good idea.

Thanks

I youtubed for restore videos on Ferrari 14s, I found a video where a dude redyed his pair..

My 33s just started bleeding hottibly, the red and gold under the white mesh is bleeding through bad from sweat. I've only worn them indoors a few times. Any tips on cleaning it? Water is probably going to make it worse? Or you guys think Nike would return them as defective for another pair? This sucks I love this shoe and this is really the only CW I really like, I'm highly disappointed with JB.

Some pics
20190315_195508.jpg
20190315_195517.jpg
20190315_195531.jpg
20190315_195540.jpg
20190315_195602.jpg
20190315_195605.jpg

laundry detergent, oxiclean, diluted in room temp to warm water. Scrub on. Stuff the shoes with paper when they are drying so they dont lose shape.

Pretty sure you can safely used Jason Mark on these if you dont want to mix it yourself. Its really the same thing really.

Back
Top Bottom