:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Is there a way to get sneakers to stop “squeeking”? This seems to happen with my Vans style models/vulc soles
Squeeking from the bottoms or inside the shoe.. Inside, yes.. From the bottoms, no not really.

If its inside the shoe, alot of people say to put baby powder under the insoles... Although I really never had this problem.

Is there a way to get sneakers to stop “squeeking”? This seems to happen with my Vans style models/vulc soles
I tried the baby powder under the insoles on 10’s didnt really keep them from squeaking and had baby powder all over. I pulled insoles out and super glued them in and they havent squeaked since.

I just got a ds pair of the og Air more uptempo.. Problem is it reeks of cigarette smoke. Any ideas on how to remove the smell from the entire shoe? Thanks in advance.

feelingood feelingood

Sup bro,

What do you recommend for jean and dirt stains? These are on the mesh of my concords.

I have tried dish soap and water and have brushed vigorously and the dirt stain is still there, but light.

I wore black jeans and used dish soap and tired to clean the back residue off, it took some off, but some of the black won’t get off.

I was thinking of using shout, but if you have any other ideas please let me know.

D038AC7B-B76D-4E16-80C1-F846B00AF142.png
Has anybody used Dap RapidFuse for sole separation? I’ve used e6000 but hate how messy it is. This stuff looks like it will be easier to use for small jobs.

Any way to whiten the netting on these 4’s? So far I’ve tried.
-Scrubbing with Oxi-Clean and water
-Mixing baking soda, Hydrogen Peroxide, and water to get a paste, apply the paste and let sit in sun for a few hours

FA385136-B52F-4E54-ADDA-A9CD3AD3F04E.jpeg

Any way to whiten the netting on these 4’s? So far I’ve tried.
-Scrubbing with Oxi-Clean and water
-Mixing baking soda, Hydrogen Peroxide, and water to get a paste, apply the paste and let sit in sun for a few hours

FA385136-B52F-4E54-ADDA-A9CD3AD3F04E.jpeg
that is unusual oxiclean didnt give you results. what type are you using and how are you applying it.

your next solution would be to grab some white paint.

feelingood feelingood

Sup bro,

What do you recommend for jean and dirt stains? These are on the mesh of my concords.

I have tried dish soap and water and have brushed vigorously and the dirt stain is still there, but light.

I wore black jeans and used dish soap and tired to clean the back residue off, it took some off, but some of the black won’t get off.

I was thinking of using shout, but if you have any other ideas please let me know.
whats good, man..

try a clear colored laundry detergent. i know "all" detergent is clear with warm water. becareful the stain doesnt bleed... if that dont work, mix oxiclean in with the detergent and water

sometimes the colored detergents can leave behind color if not diluted enough..

dish soap is amazing for any food type or oil based stains (dish soap is the only thing that will wash oil stains, like olive oil and stuff - you can use it on your clothes too...) Stick with detergent for any other type of stains

Last edited:
that is unusual oxiclean didnt give you results. what type are you using and how are you applying it.

your next solution would be to grab some white paint.

Didn’t realize how many types of oxi clean. I just used what I have at the house.

A9DC7E93-2792-4B46-A68A-D48144BF2BB5.jpeg

I do have some white Angelus paint, but I’m not sure I want to go that route due to to mesh underneath. Might just deal with it.

Thanks for the reply.

Didn’t realize how many types of oxi clean. I just used what I have at the house.

A9DC7E93-2792-4B46-A68A-D48144BF2BB5.jpeg

I do have some white Angelus paint, but I’m not sure I want to go that route due to to mesh underneath. Might just deal with it.

Thanks for the reply.
this is what you want to use on whites.. if you are going to paint, you should be okay with a nice thin brush and a steady hand..
Screenshot_20190702-000331.png

Any recommendations on how to clean Concord's without purchasing cleaners (EX: Jason Markk) & only utilizing household items? Thanks.

PO

Any recommendations on how to clean Concord's without purchasing cleaners (EX: Jason Markk) & only utilizing household items? Thanks.

PO
I use dishwashing soap as long as it says something like “if you drink this entire bottle, just dilute by drinking twice as much water.” If it won’t destroy your stomach and intestines, you should be good. I also use either an electronics’ screen cleaner or eye-glasses cleaner on the patent and then buff.

I just got a ds pair of the og Air more uptempo.. Problem is it reeks of cigarette smoke. Any ideas on how to remove the smell from the entire shoe? Thanks in advance.

Put a dryer sheet inside and let it sit for a few days. If that don’t work try baking soda (inside a sock tube).

As for the outside, maybe covering it with an old T-shirt and sprinkling baking soda all over it

wait til the weather gets cooler and let them sit outside for a few hours. sunlight naturally kills odors.

like dude mentioned dryer sheets. I had this issue once with an older pair of sbs. I let them breathe outside of the box, for like a couple months. It was hard getting the smell out

feelingood feelingood and everyone else, please help!!

I had Jean stains on my concords and I cleaned it with dish soap and water, then I got these stains, so I used white dove soap to try to clean it, stains came back, then I used just plain water, stains came back!!

Thing is, these new stains aren’t even where the Jean stains were, these are completely new stains.

I should have just left the Jean stains.

What can I do to get rid of these stains?

Attachments

• 78758925-347A-413D-BABD-74F733C73206.jpeg
    78758925-347A-413D-BABD-74F733C73206.jpeg
    261.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 6A9B09E9-0465-4A6D-9BC9-C8D735965792.jpeg
    6A9B09E9-0465-4A6D-9BC9-C8D735965792.jpeg
    244.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 01FFB9AF-3986-41E3-8E4C-813C4F5D3018.jpeg
    01FFB9AF-3986-41E3-8E4C-813C4F5D3018.jpeg
    307.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20CEC4E2-E9A6-4B5D-B0BF-928771764BF4.jpeg
    20CEC4E2-E9A6-4B5D-B0BF-928771764BF4.jpeg
    364.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 93BA5853-4D86-43AE-A3E7-40FA8861CB27.jpeg
    93BA5853-4D86-43AE-A3E7-40FA8861CB27.jpeg
    298.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 78AF456F-0BFA-4699-B27A-302F5E82C448.jpeg
    78AF456F-0BFA-4699-B27A-302F5E82C448.jpeg
    218.2 KB · Views: 8

I had Jean stains on my concords and I cleaned it with dish soap and water, then I got these stains, so I used white dove soap to try to clean it, stains came back, then I used just plain water, stains came back!!

Thing is, these new stains aren’t even where the Jean stains were, these are completely new stains.

I would try water, oxyclean, clean white cloth and dab it a couple times

thats dish soap. Next time use the tip I gave you.

You'll need to dilute it with just water. Dab with hot water until its gone.. Then clear laundry detergent, That is a soap stain.. Dishwasher soap is heavily colored and super concentrated. I won't retype what I would and wouldn't use it for. But grab some water and dab it and let it dry. You'll need to repeat the process quite a few times to ensure the soap is washed away. Dab it but don't overdo it. giving it too much water will make the stain get bigger. Let it dry and then repeat. You should notice it becoming lighter every time you do it .

If its still there, laundry detergent + warm water.

Adding more soap won't wash off soap. Don't use dove either. Its fabric, so use fabric based cleaners... Those chemicals are safer on fabrics for a reason. And anything for your hands or skin isn't quite strong enough for alot of fabric stains anyways, unless its for spot cleaning thats done immediately, I mean before the stain has even had time to set.

By the color of the stain, was the dish soap Green or blue? if my hunch is right, then you didn't dilute the dish soap enough which is why it left behind a stain. does the stain bubble up if you rub at it with water and a brush? If so , its a soap stain.

Last edited:
thats dish soap. Next time use the tip I gave you.

You'll need to dilute it with just water. Dab with hot water until its gone.. Then clear laundry detergent, That is a soap stain.. Dishwasher soap is heavily colored and super concentrated. I won't retype what I would and wouldn't use it for. But grab some water and dab it and let it dry. You'll need to repeat the process quite a few times to ensure the soap is washed away. Dab it but don't overdo it. giving it too much water will make the stain get bigger. Let it dry and then repeat. You should notice it becoming lighter every time you do it .

If its still there, laundry detergent + warm water.

Adding more soap won't wash off soap. Don't use dove either. Its fabric, so use fabric based cleaners... Those chemicals are safer on fabrics for a reason. And anything for your hands or skin isn't quite strong enough for alot of fabric stains anyways, unless its for spot cleaning thats done immediately, I mean before the stain has even had time to set.

By the color of the stain, was the dish soap Green or blue? if my hunch is right, then you didn't dilute the dish soap enough which is why it left behind a stain. does the stain bubble up if you rub at it with water and a brush? If so , its a soap stain.

I didn't use any more dish soap after you told me not to bro, they looked just like this when I first wrote in. I tried dove and then I just tried plain water. I didn’t have any oxiclean or clear detergent at the time. I thought the dove soap wouldn’t do anything.

If the laces are frayed, should I just buy new ones?

Yeah the dish soap was blue, I will try dabbing it and seeing if bubbles come out, Appreciate the help bro.

Edit** so some stains are lighter, but when I brushed the stains with water, there were no bubbles.

Before when I brushed the stains, they would go away, but come back hours later. Then I did the water and dab thing and the stains are lighter, so that’s good.

So, when I use the “all” detergent, is it the free and clear bottle you’re talking about? And do I use the white revive oxi that’s shown in an earlier post? Oxiclean is supposed to come off quick right? I ask because I used oxiclean on a shirt I had and I think it made a hole in my shirt because I let it sit too long.

How am I supposed to clean the shoes with the detergent? Am I just brushing the shoes like regular?

I'd like some tips on removing smells too because before I put the question up on here on how to fix it, I was brushing them shoes all day like a mad man trying to get them stains out and that left the shoes very wet and I know they’ll smell now.

Lesson learned, never use dish soap as a main cleaner, especially on mesh.

*update* so the sides have gotten lighter, and the tongue had no stain and now it’s forming a stain as it’s drying.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom