:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Iight if you remember, lemme know. They should be coming in sometime next week

Try this bro

No, DO NOT try this product.

Scuff remover is like repurposed white out. They just put weak paint on you shoes that washes and runs off on the rest of your shoe when they get wet. And it's a very very bright white so it doesn't match the color jb uses on white leather.

Angelous white leather paint.

2001 Cool Grey 11 Restoration: Cleared the bottom sole, reglued the separation, reshined the patent leather and deep cleaned the uppers as well as the insoles.

trying to repaint my QS XX's anybody know what tye of paint to use just white angelus paint? or A certain shade of white also if there are any tips on painting a shoe with this paint would be much appreciated

Last edited:
Was wearing my lebron 9 lows the other day and as i was walking i heard a squeak and since then everytime i walk they squeak. Does anyone know how to make it stop.

Thanks

got the jason mark brought my metallic 5 suede back to life and my bordeaux 7's too but had a minor scoff on a pair of YOTR 7's and something odd happened cleaned it and the toebox kinda of discolored just got a shade or 2 darker than the other ..taking it to my shoe cleaning people so they can get it back to the original color...

Was wearing my lebron 9 lows the other day and as i was walking i heard a squeak and since then everytime i walk they squeak. Does anyone know how to make it stop.

Thanks

Lotion or baby powder under your insoles.

Glow in the dark soles of my galaxy flight ones are turning brown/yellow.  Anyone have solutions?

Retro brite.

how do you decrease the heels on 11s? not the midsole but the ankle support by the jumpman

I find that difficult to do, I did it once and I ended up stripping the paint off because I ironed it so much trying to get those creases. My advice is not to worry about it, you're going to wear them again so it's going to keep happening.

the plastic netting on my Jordan IV White Cement's is about to cause a mental breakdown.

Only one of the shoes has yellowed. I've using dish detergent first, then I found this thread and proceeded with Oxyclean. No success. Then I got some powder form RIT whitener. No Success. Most likely, I don't know what the heck I'm doing, but this shoe is CLEAN, except that stupid netting part. HELP!!! lol.

the plastic netting on my Jordan IV White Cement's is about to cause a mental breakdown.

Only one of the shoes has yellowed. I've using dish detergent first, then I found this thread and proceeded with Oxyclean. No success. Then I got some powder form RIT whitener. No Success. Most likely, I don't know what the heck I'm doing, but this shoe is CLEAN, except that stupid netting part. HELP!!! lol.

Pics

^^^ive heard the powdered rit is a big no no for the white netting because it causes yellowing. Try the liquid version. Im also having the same problem. Just waiting for the rit liquid to arrive

^^^ive heard the powdered rit is a big no no for the white netting because it causes yellowing. Try the liquid version. Im also having the same problem. Just waiting for the rit liquid to arrive

I use the powder RIT.

I mix it into a paste then apply it.

The product itself is yellow, so it is going to give you the illusion of yellowing if you don't wash it out all the way. I run it under warm water and get out what I can, then I grab the trust toothbrush and dish soap and wash it under the water stream. Works every time.

not sure how much you can see it, but here you go...

I use the powder RIT.

I mix it into a paste then apply it.

The product itself is yellow, so it is going to give you the illusion of yellowing if you don't wash it out all the way. I run it under warm water and get out what I can, then I grab the trust toothbrush and dish soap and wash it under the water stream. Works every time.

How do you work it into a paste?

Hold my shoes under warm water? am I missing something?

I'm starting to understand why I'm getting $100+ quotes to clean some of my other shoes.

Last edited:
To make a paste out of powder you add a small, and I mean SMALL amount of water to it. Not enough water to make it a solution, but enough to make it stick together.

The powder is naturally thick too, so it is made into a paste very easily then I apply it to my netting. Wait a few minutes then wash it out.

The yellowing isn't bad on your 4s so it shouldn't be difficult to get it out

got the jason mark brought my metallic 5 suede back to life and my bordeaux 7's too but had a minor scoff on a pair of YOTR 7's and something odd happened cleaned it and the toebox kinda of discolored just got a shade or 2 darker than the other ..taking it to my shoe cleaning people so they can get it back to the original color...
Have you used other shoe cleaners?
If so Would you say Jason Mark works the best out of all??

To the guys asking about re-gluing their soles

Most local shoe repair shops will do it for $7 - $15

had my 2000 SJs and 2003 Blk/Red XIIs re-glued

better to have it professionally done than walking around on 

a shoddy diagonal job.

Have you used other shoe cleaners?
If so Would you say Jason Mark works the best out of all??
Jason Markks is magic

and it's safe on all material. 

To the guys asking about re-gluing their soles

Most local shoe repair shops will do it for $7 - $15

had my 2000 SJs and 2003 Blk/Red XIIs re-glued

better to have it professionally done than walking around on 

a shoddy diagonal job.

and if by chance they leave JB quality glue all over your shoe then what? i know u get ur money back but then your stuck with a crap job and btw reglueing isnt that hard seriously

Lotion or baby powder under your insoles.
Retro brite.
I find that difficult to do, I did it once and I ended up stripping the paint off because I ironed it so much trying to get those creases. My advice is not to worry about it, you're going to wear them again so it's going to keep happening.
Have you tried it before? I'm worried about ruining the soles.

My sun bleach method on my Concords was a fail because of the temperature outside. Too cold, will try again in the summer. I found some liquid BKF at Lowes. Anybody ever try the liquid before? Got my crash test dummy helmet on again but would appreciate any tips if anybody has any.

Last edited:
2000 Concord 11 Restoration: A full restoration was performed; I reshined the patent leather, decreased the toebox and the ankle support, whitened the mesh and the laces, and reglued the uppers and the bottoms back to the midsole,

nice job @johnandrew13, quick question i reglued the whole sole  and now it feels slick and slippery as if the rubber got dried out, any advice on what products you used, and if its even safe for me to do this? thanks

Back
Top Bottom