:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

How can I fix this?

How can you remove smoke smell from sneakers? The whole shoe I have smells like cigarette smoke

How can you remove smoke smell from sneakers? The whole shoe I have smells like cigarette smoke
easiest way is to use fabric softener sheets. Stuff them inside of the shoes to help kill the smell. The stronger the smoke smell, the more sheets your gonna use. If the shoes aren't old and not of the nubuck/suede variety, I would recommend just washing them in the washing machine. Let them air dry after washing them to see if the smell has disappeared. If the smell is there after washing, use the sheets to finish the job. Might want to use some frebreeze, this also helps.

^soap water (warm) and a good amount of elbow grease, if that doesnt work warm water and Oxyclean is an amazing thing as well.

d08b7bd4_IMG_20130604_202154_674.jpeg

The midsole on my Grape V's are separating.

Is there any adhesive I can put on to the clear part of the sole so the midsole attaches better?

I think it may have been due to seaglowing, The shoes are fine except for this flaw in them.

Do I have to use angelus brand matte finisher or can I use another brand? URGENT
As long as it's a leather finisher

The matte finisher never really made a difference for me, it only works on leather to my knowledge.

[ATTACHMENT=3462]IMG_20130604_202154_674.jpg (665k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Is there any adhesive I can put on to the clear part of the sole so the midsole attaches better?

I think it may have been due to seaglowing, The shoes are fine except for this flaw in them.

all downhill from there dude... happened to my pair. it just kept separating and separating until the actual midsole just crumbled on me. retire those!

[ATTACHMENT=3462]IMG_20130604_202154_674.jpg (665k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Barge cement, the clear kind. You don't even need that much.

I'm bout to fix the sole separation on my 1992 la tech mailmans I got 1 question tho... I kno I need barge cement and I found it local but only in the 2oz tube, which is enough for this pair I assume, but is the 2oz tube the kind I need? pictured below

Last edited:
I'm bout to fix the sole separation on my 1992 la tech mailmans I got 1 question tho... I kno I need barge cement and I found it local but only in the 2oz tube, which is enough for this pair I assume, but is the 2oz tube the kind I need? pictured below
i wouldnt use that one i bought the same one and its not a clear bargecemnt it has a green color to it so if you get it onto the white part of the shoe its gonna be kinda hard to get it off

@ the LA techs

You sure those are still wearable? Might want to take some steam to those 20+ year old kicks.

Can anyone recommend me a spray to spray on these classics to kinda repel lint or dirt and at least have it easier to clean? I'm gonna rock these so hard but I want to just take some precautions and want to know what kind of special accessories you guys use to spray these beautiful sneakers before actually wearing them to keep them as clean as you can?   Seems like the leather on the side is the same as the Air Jordan X Chicago's and those got a little stained dirty because I never sprayed it with anything.

Can anyone recommend me a spray to spray on these classics to kinda repel lint or dirt and at least have it easier to clean? I'm gonna rock these so hard but I want to just take some precautions and want to know what kind of special accessories you guys use to spray these beautiful sneakers before actually wearing them to keep them as clean as you can?  Seems like the leather on the side is the same as the Air Jordan X Chicago's and those got a little stained dirty because I never sprayed it with anything.
no picture or shoe name? personally i dont nor would i ever spray anything on my shoes, just clean them after each wear. its easier and water never hurt anything, especially leather.

is jason markk the all-around best shoe cleaner? Or is there something cheaper that is just as good?
It's the best I've used, but the other alternatives that I have used have been regular sneaker cleaner from FTL or FNL, and soap and water.  It's a really good cleaner though.  There are plenty of videos on YouTube of people trying it out.

Fu
@ the LA techs

You sure those are still wearable? Might want to take some steam to those 20+ year old kicks.

Fully wearable! jus when I wore them the glue had dried up and the very bottom of sole separated but besides that the rubber/leather is still oh so soft

Damn lol but it's same thing jus not clear right? the way the sole is separated I think it will be pretty easy glue (no hard to reach places) so I'm really jus wondering if it will hold same way as the clear?? I can be careful as to not get it on anything

Back
Top Bottom