:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Here's some up close pics of them I got it to fade a little bit but not all the way.

After two weeks of Retro Brite these are the end results:

Compared too (sellers photos):

Patience is def the key. Only problem is if done to much the rubber becomes slick, and no traction. So I wouldn't recommend playing any sports in them. I'm happy with the results and plan on using as beaters til they release new ones.

hey sickFX did you try using retr0brite on the patent leather? also which method did you use to make your retr0rite? thanks...

i see nothing in those pics of the toro IV's :lol:

just suck it up and wear em. mine came scuffed on the black paint

No I didn't, I thought about it. I kinda like the look of it. If it starts to get "yellower" then I may try it. I used 1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide , tablespoon of corn starch, microwaved for 1 min, then added VERY little oxy clean to mixture, then mixed all together. I put soles on tin foil then applied retro Brite. Let sit in sun for 2-3 hours, cleaned off old retro Brite, brought them back outside and made a new batch, then let sit for another 2-3 hours. By far am I a pro at this, I just watched videos and asked around and these are the results I got which I don't think is bad.

No I didn't, I thought about it. I kinda like the look of it. If it starts to get "yellower" then I may try it. I used 1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide , tablespoon of corn starch, microwaved for 1 min, then added VERY little oxy clean to mixture, then mixed all together. I put soles on tin foil then applied retro Brite. Let sit in sun for 2-3 hours, cleaned off old retro Brite, brought them back outside and made a new batch, then let sit for another 2-3 hours. By far am I a pro at this, I just watched videos and asked around and these are the results I got which I don't think is bad.
thanks for the info! instead of using peroxide you might want to try Hair volume 40 also. the result maybe better. but ill be doing that dis weekend. so ill update NT.

thanks for the info! instead of using peroxide you might want to try Hair volume 40 also. the result maybe better. but ill be doing that dis weekend. so ill update NT.

I def don't promote trying to fix the patent leather. Once it's gone, it's gone.

Recently I bought cdp 11s, and the backtab on one shoe is stiff, while the other is like flimsy, but still stands up, anyone got a way to fix it?

Here's some up close pics of them I got it to fade a little bit but not all the way.
Was that from using Plus White toothpaste?  It requires multiple treatments to really work fully.  Try putting plus white on the spots and leaving it there for 24 hours.  Scrub it off with toothbrush the next day.  And then wipe it off with a damp towel followed by a dry one.

Question about Lebron 8 South Beaches and the soles. Do they turn yellow over time no matter what, similar to Jordan XI soles? Or will they stay icey indefinitely as long as they aren't worn more?

Thanks guys.

Hi I had a soleswap done on an OG Pair of Firered V's.

There is a lot of excess glue between the sole and the rest of the shoe.

Is there any solution I can buy to reduce this, without damaging the leather?

Hi I had a soleswap done on an OG Pair of Firered V's.

There is a lot of excess glue between the sole and the rest of the shoe.

Is there any solution I can buy to reduce this, without damaging the leather?

Pics of said shoe?

d3e86032_IMG_20130720_053528_230.jpeg
846c200e_IMG_20130720_053631_025.jpeg
9d8bffbe_IMG_20130720_053543_392.jpeg
91a3f9e0_IMG_20130720_053502_431.jpeg
6651e846_IMG_20130720_053517_205.jpeg
b308075f_IMG_20130720_053556_584.jpeg

One other question. Since the leather is 23 years old,  does it need to be conditioned or anything before wearing? I wouldn't want to damage the shoe if I chose to wear it, and its age is a factor in its wearability I'd imagine.

What's the best way to clean the midsoles on Conords?

What about the patent leather?

Also, is BKF still the best stuff to use for getting yellow stains out of the upper white mesh?

What's the best way to clean the midsoles on Conords?
What about the patent leather?
Also, is BKF still the best stuff to use for getting yellow stains out of the upper white mesh?

1. Soap and water
2. Just wipe with a damp rag. Breathe on it, wipe.
3. Yes

i got a question, i got a pair of GM concords that are DS. the lace hoops or w/e they are called that are in between the mesh :lol: are kinda yellow.

anyway to whiten them up? obviously not from wear, probably yellow from the factory like that so not sure if it would even whiten up.

i got a question, i got a pair of GM concords that are DS. the lace hoops or w/e they are called that are in between the mesh :lol: are kinda yellow.

anyway to whiten them up? obviously not from wear, probably yellow from the factory like that so not sure if it would even whiten up.

Pics man, pics :lol:

Back
Top Bottom