:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I wouldn't wanna change the insole of my shoe everyday either though. Ehh it's just a logo anyway. It's really only worth preserving on OGs or shoes with cool designs
ain't no switching the insole out for me. dude was just talkin about throwing in an extra insole.

Well, anyways...

Let us be honest. The insoles nike and jordan put in their shoes 90% of the time are crap. So I'm in the market of buying insoles with real cushioning and absorption and not those thin, poor excuses of original insoles. Plus, some shoes it's nice to keep the OG insoles from a collector standpoint. The benefits of a great replacement insole is that it would greatly reduce a chances for a shoe to crack it's midsole because it takes off the pressure.

So my good friend rcjbbp was telling me about the dr. Scholls with the foot mapping. I've also heard spenco cross trainer is great as well as ortholite comfort foam insoles and others. So what do you guys recommend?

Last edited:
i already said this... but again, ripping out a glued-in insole to preserve the logo on it, defeats the whole purpose of preserving the logo in the first place IN MY OPINION.

If you're going to unglue the dam shoe to do it... whats really the point?

personally i think preserving the logo on the insole if you are going to wear the shoe is pretty funny. it's like driving a new car yet you don't want to have the leather crease when you sit on it.

Started the gluing process of my 2002 cool grey IXs which the outsole completely came off.

On the left shoe, I am using what I have always used for the last 20 year! A shoe repair glue from Taiwan since I was a little kid. The only down side is it dries yellow where the shoe-goo dries clear. I will probably try shoe goo on the right shoe to see how they hold up.

I'm also using box tape instead of shoe laces to put pressure on the glue. This way you can pull and apply pressure and just stick it to the midsole without the laces destroying the shape of the shoe.

e6000 is much better than shoe goo, and blue painters tape is much better than clear packing tape. packing tape is more likely to leave a residue.

personally i think preserving the logo on the insole if you are going to wear the shoe is pretty funny. it's like driving a new car yet you don't want to have the leather crease when you sit on it.
round and around we go. the same argument could be made for this whole thread.

i honestly don't understand why people dont leave this alone. they are shoes... maintaining any part of them can be viewed as ridiculous. the only thing more ridiculous than that, is sneaker care idealism. FOH

Last edited:
e6000 is much better than shoe goo, and blue painters tape is much better than clear packing tape. packing tape is more likely to leave a residue.

Saw this too late. Thanks for the tips. I got it done already tho lol. For the record, my yellow tube of glue worked much better than the shoe goo as well. Left shoe turned out ok, but the right shoe that i used shoe-goo on sucked. They were harder to apply while drying to quick. Shoe goo was decent to fill in some of the gap tho.

i already said this... but again, ripping out a glued-in insole to preserve the logo on it, defeats the whole purpose of preserving the logo in the first place IN MY OPINION.
If you're going to unglue the dam shoe to do it... whats really the point?
You're not ungluing anything. The insole isn't even hard to take out in the first place. Nowadays you can just pull it out with no force. Some of them aren't even glued in. It's not like pulling out the insole destroys the shoe or something. Nothing changes you just put it back in and wear the shoe.

people think they are gunna fool someone when they sell the shoes or something like that, i dont understand it either and if you are going to try to trick someone when selling them i hope the logo comes off when you remove the tape! ha

You're not ungluing anything. The insole isn't even hard to take out in the first place. Nowadays you can just pull it out with no force. Some of them aren't even glued in. It's not like pulling out the insole destroys the shoe or something. Nothing changes you just put it back in and wear the shoe.

THIS. Almost all of my shoes' insoles can be easily taken out. The only time it's hard is if you applied pressure and already walked on them a lot. It's not glued in. There is just a sticky residue in the bottom that keeps the insole from sliding around. Shoe manufactures expect you to change the insole, especially for those with orthopaedic foot problems anyways.

And also, I'm not trying to swap insoles to preserve the logo. That's a bonus. I'm just trying to get real comfort from my shoes and not these terrible OG insoles.

Last edited:
going a half size up and adding an extra insole is the way to go, i have done that multiple times and it is incredible what the extra insole does!

going a half size up and adding an extra insole is the way to go, i have done that multiple times and it is incredible what the extra insole does!
Extra insoles is the way to go lol I usually go TTS and with the thin extra insoles I use the fit is great

Which process do you guys think is the best to use for getting rid of yellowing soles ?

Retrobrite
Sea Glow
RestoreMySneakers.com's Sole Sauce
SoleProtector.Com's Sole Sauce

people think they are gunna fool someone when they sell the shoes or something like that, i dont understand it either and if you are going to try to trick someone when selling them i hope the logo comes off when you remove the tape! ha
you've got it all figured out don't you? it has nothing to do with resell.

let those of us who care about it, care about it... and those of you who don't, don't. 

you act like we care what you guys think, its pretty funny.

Which process do you guys think is the best to use for getting rid of yellowing soles ?

Retrobrite
Sea Glow
RestoreMySneakers.com's Sole Sauce
SoleProtector.Com's Sole Sauce

Retrobrite... Go buy you a $5 big bottle of salon vol 40 and that's all you need really

Anyone know how to properly get rid of this yellow mesh thing on my concords? its really ugly , I've tried using laundry detergent with warm water and cleaning up but it doesn't work and idk how it got yellow in the first place. 
I've been trying two months to clean this, probably over 10 cleans and it somehow just doesnt go away. 

This is my process: Does anyone recommend anything better?

1. Brush mesh with warm water

2. Brush mesh with liquid soap

3. Brush mesh with RIT 

4. Let shoes dry out in sun 3-4 hrs (i only cleaned these shoes when the sun was out) 

5. Clean with warm water 

Somebody help!! My patent leather is scatched I think I heard alcohol helps
Before you put alcohol on it try using a qeu tip with hand lotion on it. Just rub it in circles over the scuff and it should buff it out and make it shiny and new. If you put alcohol on it it can melt the plastic coating over the patent leather and mass it up.

Back
Top Bottom