:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

This?
Yeah, usually that works on weird marks and scuffs on most materials.

pretty much. it is the HYDROGEN PEROXIDE that's doing the whitening. that's why i've used whitening toothpaste on my 04 blk/wht XII on the midsole when one shoe had a little yellowing and they work just as well. didn't try it on the sole tho. didn't need to leave it in the sun either. 

So would arm and hammer whitening toothpaste be just as good as salon care 40 when wanting to whiten a midsole. I've been meaning to get to my BC3's but haven't gotten the chance

I'm about to order paint off angelus for bred 4's. Should I get flat white and flat black or the regular white and black for the midsole? And should i get the normal or matte finisher? Thanks

Last edited:
I'm about to repaint the midsole on my bred IVs. Should I use black or flat black angelus paint? And what type of finisher would be best?

So would arm and hammer whitening toothpaste be just as good as salon care 40 when wanting to whiten a midsole. I've been meaning to get to my BC3's but haven't gotten the chance

The toothpaste you need to add a little water like you would brushing your teeth and then let it sit. When I was doing the midsole on my blk/white xii it took a few time before they started whitening.

The 3's midsole are painted I think. Not sure how it will whiten. The salon 40 probably still works best for outsole. Because of the concentration of hp.

Help fam, i used shrink wrap to cover my j11 GOF but a piece of it got stuck on the patent leather, i tried using hair drying but it got worse, it melted..
how do i remove this?

TIA

The toothpaste you need to add a little water like you would brushing your teeth and then let it sit. When I was doing the midsole on my blk/white xii it took a few time before they started whitening.

The 3's midsole are painted I think. Not sure how it will whiten. The salon 40 probably still works best for outsole. Because of the concentration of hp.

It's not necessarily the midsole but the front toe area that's white. It yellowed to an off white and it's bothering me because the rest of the shoes is pristine, have rarely worn them. Will try toothpaste for a couple sessions and if I don't see the immediate results I'm going straight for the salon care 40

Help fam, i used shrink wrap to cover my j11 GOF but a piece of it got stuck on the patent leather, i tried using hair drying but it got worse, it melted..
how do i remove this?

TIA
if it melted onto the patent leather, depending on how bonded it is with the patent leather, u may be able to use nail polish remover with acetone in it to eat it way. use a q-tip and only use a LITTLE BIT on the tip of it and rub it GENTLY on the shrinnk wrap. do not let the nail polish sit too long and dry. rub gently and wipe, rub gently and wipe.

this may or may not work so i take no responsibility. try at your own risk, as ive never used this solution for your specific issue. ive use this method to get a chunk of glue off the midsole of my 11s. i rubbed gently on the glue mark with a little bit of nailpolish remover on q tip, then wip, then rub more, then wipe etc until the last wipe and the last of the glue was gone.

keep in mind, depending on how bonded the shrink wrap is onto the leather that it may leave a mark on the patent even if you do manage to remove the little bit of shrinkwrap.

Last edited:
that should be an official what not to do post, why are people shrink wrapping shoes? makes absolutely no sense.
makes sense if you live in a humid state. for the rest of us, not so much. Retail mom&pop shops did it to prevent the display shoe from getting dirty from people touching them, but over the years somehow the shrink wrap became what people think will stop the shoes from yellowing. 

the truth is shrink wrap or not the shoe will still yellow and still crumble. 

note: they're supposed to use seran wrap anyway.

Last edited:
aye anyone with retro 7s (preferably the cardinals) how do yall clean the tongue and make it regain its color?

makes sense if you live in a humid state. for the rest of us, not so much. Retail mom&pop shops did it to prevent the display shoe from getting dirty from people touching them, but over the years somehow the shrink wrap became what people think will stop the shoes from yellowing. 

the truth is shrink wrap or not the shoe will still yellow and still crumble. 

note: they're supposed to use seran wrap anyway.
if you are in a humid state put them in the box inside of ziplock bags that are slightly opened so they can still breathe and use oxygen to prevent premature crumbling or yellowing. excluding oxygen from anything makes it breakdown faster especially shoes with leather

I recently used Jason Markk cleaner on my kobe 9 Beethovens and they got stained purple... any way to get the stain out?

Last edited:

How do I remove this scuff on Toro IV's tongue? Can a suede brush remove it? Thanks.

Try those suede erasers

I'm about to order paint off angelus for bred 4's. Should I get flat white and flat black or the regular white and black for the midsole? And should i get the normal or matte finisher? Thanks

Flat white and black I believe.

As far as the finisher goes..just depends on if you want a glossy or dull finish.

I personally prefer the matte finish

I recently used Jason Markk cleaner on my kobe 9 Beethovens and they got stained purple... any way to get the stain out?

I keep hearing about people shoes getting stained after using Jason mark.

I use this
STS01346a.jpg

That stain is prob permanent tho

Last edited:
That stain is permanent.
I believe it's the moisture on the black and the dye bleeding off into the white. Black isn't a true color, so usually very dark purple is used to create the color. . Once it gets wet it can bleed off.

cleaned my perspectives with jason markk a few time on the toe box from getting stepped on playing ball, but no issue with it. probably only happens on white flyknit easy. 

if it melted onto the patent leather, depending on how bonded it is with the patent leather, u may be able to use nail polish remover with acetone in it to eat it way. use a q-tip and only use a LITTLE BIT on the tip of it and rub it GENTLY on the shrinnk wrap. do not let the nail polish sit too long and dry. rub gently and wipe, rub gently and wipe.

this may or may not work so i take no responsibility. try at your own risk, as ive never used this solution for your specific issue. ive use this method to get a chunk of glue off the midsole of my 11s. i rubbed gently on the glue mark with a little bit of nailpolish remover on q tip, then wip, then rub more, then wipe etc until the last wipe and the last of the glue was gone.

keep in mind, depending on how bonded the shrink wrap is onto the leather that it may leave a mark on the patent even if you do manage to remove the little bit of shrinkwrap.

It worked! It indeed left a mark on the patent but its ok, its not that noticeable, tnx fam!

Need help again, which of these can remove the stain from j11 concords' mesh?

Here is the stain. I have no idea what kind of stain this is

Try rit whitener and brightener liquid. Works well for me on sockliners with jean stain. Let it sit for 5 min 2-3 session .Use warm water to prime it .hope it helps.

Ready to do a session with the toe cap of my BC3's and my brothers playoff 12's. The white midsole of the playoff 12's has oxidized a lot and he rarely wears them. I've been planning on doing a session with whitening tooth paste but have realized if get better results with salon care 40. My question is with sunlight. Is natural sunlight a must for it to work? Or can I apply it on without it/ use indoor light? How many sessions are also a good amount to do on rubber midsoles?

Ready to do a session with the toe cap of my BC3's and my brothers playoff 12's. The white midsole of the playoff 12's has oxidized a lot and he rarely wears them. I've been planning on doing a session with whitening tooth paste but have realized if get better results with salon care 40. My question is with sunlight. Is natural sunlight a must for it to work? Or can I apply it on without it/ use indoor light? How many sessions are also a good amount to do on rubber midsoles?

I think sunlight just speeds up the decomposition of hydrogen peroxide. You would probably need a lot of sessions if you don't put it under the sun.

Midsole you probably only need 1 session.

Back
Top Bottom