:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

@K20Lee  you've been on a roll with these pickups lately 
eek.gif
smokin.gif
  great pair.

Wish I had the navy and silver Japan highs, lawd. 

Last edited:
I was wondering how I can dye the cp on the tongue thats yellow of the jordan 13 cp pe's. Im trying to dye it black but dont know what to use, and it is hard to dye something like this?

I was wondering how I can dye the cp on the tongue thats yellow of the jordan 13 cp pe's. Im trying to dye it black but dont know what to use, and it is hard to dye something like this?
crafts store sell those fabric dye pens i've seen people used on the stiching on leather seats.

or you can use angelus dye or Rit dye. it shouldn't be a problem, just search and follow those youtube instructions. 

Last edited:
Any help with these?  I think it is the shoe actually breaking down and the glue coming in through the suede.  They were stored on my shelf where nothing could get on them and pulled them out with a similar mark a few months back.  I was able to clean it off with a suede eraser after a lot of work that time.  Now I went to wear them a few months later and pulled them off the shelf and the mark is back.  At this point the suede is breaking down trying to clean it.  Anything for this issue specifically?  I see the Lincoln EZ Cleaner rec'd a lot, will that work or is there something better?  Also need recs on what color paint for the soles, white and grey, they are Cool Grey3s 06' release.

]

Any help with these?  I think it is the shoe actually breaking down and the glue coming in through the suede.  They were stored on my shelf where nothing could get on them and pulled them out with a similar mark a few months back.  I was able to clean it off with a suede eraser after a lot of work that time.  Now I went to wear them a few months later and pulled them off the shelf and the mark is back.  At this point the suede is breaking down trying to clean it.  Anything for this issue specifically?  I see the Lincoln EZ Cleaner rec'd a lot, will that work or is there something better?  Also need recs on what color paint for the soles, white and grey, they are Cool Grey3s 06' release.

]
Still need a pair of those
smokin.gif
 definitely get the EZ cleaner. As for the midsoles, flat white and the regular grey should be fine although the grey won't be an exact match. Try mixing in some of the white if it needs to be lighter, or black if it needs to be darker.

My legend blue 11 soles are turning green. Does anyone know if sole sauce will turn it back to that cloudy blue sold or does sole sauce only work for icy soles and transparent?

My legend blue 11 soles are turning green. Does anyone know if sole sauce will turn it back to that cloudy blue sold or does sole sauce only work for icy soles and transparent?
technically it should work, but can't be 100% sure. 

Haven't heard of this problem for a while.. I think a guy up here sauced his and they just got more milky/clearer. How much of the sole is turning green?

Haven't heard of this problem for a while.. I think a guy up here sauced his and they just got more milky/clearer. How much of the sole is turning green?
They aren't that green but they're not really blue or milky, it looks like it's on the verge of becoming green. Towards the edges it starts to get a bit more bluer and more milky.

Still need a pair of those
smokin.gif
 definitely get the EZ cleaner. As for the midsoles, flat white and the regular grey should be fine although the grey won't be an exact match. Try mixing in some of the white if it needs to be lighter, or black if it needs to be darker.
Thanks, a favorite for sure.  Will try the EZ cleaner out, hopefully it works!

Help!.. RESIDUE left on my shoes from a new coating of "KIWI Performance Fabric Protector CAMP DRY"

I've attached pics to show the issue:

I just bought a new can of this stuff (the blue can) to spray on my all black Air Max '15s and after spraying, there's a residue left on the "stitch-less fused overlays" on the toebox area of the shoe..

What material is the fused overlay? 3M possibly?

I sprayed these shoes two months ago with a different can of the same CAMP DRY stuff (blue can), but didn't have this problem until re-spraying them today..

Is this residue from spraying an already treated area? Or is this particular can of this stuff a different formula than the last?

How can I get this residue off!? I scrubbed the affected areas with a wet cloth and got some of the spray off and some of the normal color restored, but its still not completely clean yet..

Is there something specific I can use to clean this fully/properly? Rubbing alcohol? More wet cloth scrubbing with water? Soap?

I'd really appreciate any advice/help about this issue please. Thanks.

Last edited:
^ I had a post asking about waterproofing materials a few pages back, but no responses.

I've only waterproofed my AJKOs, but here's my take on it. Waterproof them once and leave it at that. I think problems arise after the first coat because the waterproofer itself is a liquid, so it beads up on top of the first coat and leads to an uneven appearance when it dries.

Like I said, my only experience is on Canvas shoes, but my method is to apply a single heavy coat over the shoe. Even on the first coat noticed the waterproofer beading on the nap of my AJKO's, so after a saturated the shoe I dabbed it lightly with a cloth to absorb any residual waterproofer and prevent spotting/beading.

Another thing I did was tape off the midsole and any area's I didn't need waterproofed. I've heard the silicone on the waterproofer can discolor plastic over time.

Last edited:
^ I had a post asking about waterproofing materials a few pages back, but no responses.

I've only waterproofed my AJKOs, but here's my take on it. Waterproof them once and leave it at that. I think problems arise after the first coat because the waterproofer itself is a liquid, so it beads up on top of the first coat and leads to an uneven appearance when it dries.

Like I said, my only experience is on Canvas shoes, but my method is to apply a single heavy coat over the shoe. Even on the first coat noticed the waterproofer beading on the nap of my AJKO's, so after a saturated the shoe I dabbed it lightly with a cloth to absorb any residual waterproofer and prevent spotting/beading.

Another thing I did was tape off the midsole and any area's I didn't need waterproofed. I've heard the silicone on the waterproofer can discolor plastic over time.

Same thing I'm thinking.. Thanks..

Now, if someone could chime in with advice on what soap/cleaner/etc. to use on this to clean it..

Last edited:
I literraly stick almost all my shoes...minus suede/nubuck in the sink..under running water and scrub with toothbrush and a little soap.

Solves 98% of problems

Last edited:
I literraly stick almost all my shoes...minus suede/nubuck in the sink..under running water and scrub with toothbrush and a little soap.

Solves 98% of problems

Been using toothbrush and detergent and water..its better, but not completely clean yet..

What's going on, I'm trying to repaint a pair of AJ II's but the upper came out pretty shiny. Is there a way to fix this or do I have to start over? Planning on doing a few other kicks and do not want to run into the same problem.

Back
Top Bottom