:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Anyone use waterproofer on their bred 1's? I saw the video of crep protect ruining a pair. Im trying to find out if jason markk repel is safe to use

what are the pros and cons of decreasing sneakers? might de-crease my 2013 chi 1's but i'm still skeptic about it 
nerd.gif

what are the pros and cons of decreasing sneakers? might de-crease my 2013 chi 1's but i'm still skeptic about it :nerd:  

pros - the creases might come out but usually not completely However, they will look better

cons - lots of work for a minimal gain, creases come back after you wear them again

Last edited:
I don't know if this has been posted before, but here it goes. I got some cement 4s a while ago, traded them, and I had noticed that the heel tab and the wings were like greenish, or had a green haze on them, I thought maybe they were just oxidized so I tried to deoxidize using angelus brand sole bright, and it didn't work, I just want to know what this is, and maybe a way to fix it? Thank you.

Need help with my 2014 Black Infrared 6s. They have this sort of stain or scuff mark on them that I would like to remove. I'm pretty sure this can't come off so it's whatever, I just wanted to see if you guys have had this happen to your 6s and if anybody knows how to remove the scuff mark. 

Also I'm sure this question is asked a lot on this thread but what is your guys general all purpose cleaner for your sneakers? What cleaner seems to work the best? 

Thanks for any help ! 

Yo what paint color should i use to restore my chicago 1s, minor scuffs but trying to touch them up. Ive never done this before and looking for advice.

What's a good glue to use for midsole separation. I have gorilla glue super glue gel. I want to know if this is ok to use because I've read that super glue doesn't work, but gorilla glue does.

Thanks for your help.

What's a good glue to use for midsole separation. I have gorilla glue super glue gel. I want to know if this is ok to use because I've read that super glue doesn't work, but gorilla glue does.

Thanks for your help.

Man you should try Barge Infinity Cement. It's what I've seen John Monolo and Retrosnickers use for their restorations, and they're the best in the business!

I got a little small thing on Ebay for about $8

And when you use it, put on a thin layer where you're gluing, and let it "cure" for about 3 hours, then put on another really thin fresh layer and then clamp your sneakers down. You should have a near factory bond! Hope that helps!

last I saw, they put the layer on both sides of the parts you are glueing and let it cure for 7 minutes and then you press them together, there are many youtube videos on it. Just do your best and take your time and youtube university is awesome.

Looking for some advice on some bred IV's where the black paint on the midsole has cracked and peeled off. Is there anyon who does a paint job to fix this?

Just bought a pair of Jordan 7's raptors from a local shoe group, but I cannot get the smell of cigarettes out of them. would it be safe to clean them with soap and water and then throw them in the washer?

Just bought a pair of Jordan 7's raptors from a local shoe group, but I cannot get the smell of cigarettes out of them. would it be safe to clean them with soap and water and then throw them in the washer?

I had a pair of xiii I got from a trade smelled like someone was blowing loud smoke into the kicks. I jus got some old socks, rolled em up and sprayed them with febreeze and stuffed them. Hope that helps.

I have some OG flu games on the way but already have replacement "JUMPMAN" side tabs. How do I go about getting the old ones off and putting the new ones on???

Clean them by hand, no washer.
If that doesn't help spray with ozium
Also make sure to clean interior, insole, and laces

I don't know if this has been posted before, but here it goes. I got some cement 4s a while ago, traded them, and I had noticed that the heel tab and the wings were like greenish, or had a green haze on them, I thought maybe they were just oxidized so I tried to deoxidize using angelus brand sole bright, and it didn't work, I just want to know what this is, and maybe a way to fix it? Thank you.

I have never seen a greenish discoloration before. It's really pretty remarkable.

Are you certain this was a legit retail pair?

Nevermind, these appear to be fakes so anything is possible when they discolor

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom