:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Is leather balsam needed?

Considering buying the Journey's product, but not sure if it's necessary. 

So is it safe to use soap and a rag on them?

i would personally clean them with premium Jason Markk cleaner and brush, and wipe down with a rag.
mild moisture exposure. the more water, the more damage you are risking. that is a nubuck material shoe correct?

Planning to do a tongue swap on my DS blacktoe 1s with my DS ying yang 1s ... are there any good videos on tongue swapping?.....any particular stitch to use/needle (I'm planning to use a sewing machine)?

Just ordered the donor for my 99 white cement IVs. I struck out in last years release so I figure why not attempt the swap myself. Only spent $40 on the donor pair and its from the cement gray dub zeros so I won't need to repaint. Just remove, reglue, restitch. Just worried about the actual fitment and how well the glue will hold up.

I have never seen a greenish discoloration before. It's really pretty remarkable.

Are you certain this was a legit retail pair?

Nevermind, these appear to be fakes so anything is possible when they discolor

Would you mind shining some light on how they appear fake? Te paintjob on the midsole was done by the previous owner, I can provide more pictures if necessary

Last edited:
Just ordered the donor for my 99 white cement IVs. I struck out in last years release so I figure why not attempt the swap myself. Only spent $40 on the donor pair and its from the cement gray dub zeros so I won't need to repaint. Just remove, reglue, restitch. Just worried about the actual fitment and how well the glue will hold up.

Dub zeros should fit perfectly. Certain Nike midsoles are too small/narrow but anything Jordan fits 1:1 from my experience

Hi everyone,
I fell asleep last night in front of a heater with my Space Jam 11s still on my feet. Needless to say I believe the heat has damaged my soles. The carbon fiber plate has started to separate from the sole, and now there is a small gap between the midsole and carbon fiber. It is no longer firmly glued down. I will provide a picture, but what I want to know is if there is any way I can fix this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Just ordered the donor for my 99 white cement IVs. I struck out in last years release so I figure why not attempt the swap myself. Only spent $40 on the donor pair and its from the cement gray dub zeros so I won't need to repaint. Just remove, reglue, restitch. Just worried about the actual fi
Dub zeros should fit perfectly. Certain Nike midsoles are too small/narrow but anything Jordan fits 1:1 from my experience
Good looks. Can I get by without restitching? I have seen some videos where people shove the sole and reglue leaving the original rubber toe cap stitching in.

Just ordered the donor for my 99 white cement IVs. I struck out in last years release so I figure why not attempt the swap myself. Only spent $40 on the donor pair and its from the cement gray dub zeros so I won't need to repaint. Just remove, reglue, restitch. Just worried about the actual fi

Good looks. Can I get by without restitching? I have seen some videos where people shove the sole and reglue leaving the original rubber toe cap stitching in.

I've seen that done before successfully but I personally just remove the outsole entirely and restitch after gluing. Makes for a cleaner reglue imo

yes there is a way to clean them, i cleaned and restored a pair for some one who had a crazy night out at the club 

Damn - that was a rough night at the club as evidenced by the bio waste on them

You should have been paid triple to clean and restore those

Incidentally - great job on them

Last edited:
Damn - that was a rough night at the club as evidenced by the bio waste on them

You should have been paid triple to clean and restore those

Incidentally - great job on them
lol yeah I had to double my usual price for these, this client hasn't taken them out the box since I restored them. 

Jason Markk cleaner has removed midsole paint from several pairs of Jordans (3s, 4s, 6s). It has also completely destroyed the nubuck on a pair of my 12s. Has anyone else has issues like this and can anyone recommend a product that is as effective at cleaning but kinder to my paint and materials?

Angelus Nubuck and Suede kit cleaner and their regular cleaner as well with warm water, but for those black marks use the eraser in the kit 
Aight preciate it fam.
I'll post pics when I get back to my ferraris just to confirm we're talking about the same marks

Aight preciate it fam.
I'll post pics when I get back to my ferraris just to confirm we're talking about the same marks
yeah post pics and yes those black marks will get removed, use the eraser lightly repeatedly, you dont want to press hard on the nubuck 

Back
Top Bottom