:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

?????? i had no choice but to leave the damage as is. because I couldn't reseal that small gaped area.the sneaker is not damage significantly. its just the white sole slightly came apart, when it caught on a piece of the sidewalk. looks like I can slide a dime in that slot or gap of the shoe.

Thanks for youre input. Is there a particular brand I use for cement glue? I think I might need an object thin enough to fit between that gap and apply cement glue on that area. how long do I hold in place and how much do I use

?????? i had no choice but to leave the damage as is. because I couldn't reseal that small gaped area.the sneaker is not damage significantly. its just the white sole slightly came apart, when it caught on a piece of the sidewalk. looks like I can slide a dime in that slot or gap of the shoe.

Thanks for youre input. Is there a particular brand I use for cement glue? I think I might need an object thin enough to fit between that gap and apply cement glue on that area. how long do I hold in place and how much do I use

Use a all purpose one, it's like $5-6 tube; it'll have a tip so you can dab the amount with ease. You only use a dime sized amount and you're gonna hold it in place for 10-25 mins.

Barge cement (Either SuperStik or Infinity should be fine), a toothpick, and some pressure should fix that.

722C2660-7EB5-4A73-B920-62D58DACB404.jpeg
03C3C4F4-25D8-4BCE-8B3F-0B93FA0FE03F.jpeg
Any ideas on how to get it back to white?

Thats what Im thinking. I cleaned it with dish soap and water, did nothing. Then used jason markk cleaner and still nothing. Was going to try 40 creme this weekend. If that doesnt work Im just painting them.

I just wanted to give a shout out to @mclilbit for the ForceField care kit. I got to use it twice on about 10 different kinds of shoes and here are my thoughts on the ForceField and in comparison to Jason Markk

Packaging - I like the packaging colors of ForceField especially the cleaner bottle.
Cleaner - I prefer the scent of the ForceField solution better than JMs. However, I felt I needed to consistently apply more solution to the brush during my cleaning session vs the minimal amount of JM solution that I typically use. I applied solution 1-2x for a single pair of shoes. With JM I apply solution once for at least 2 (sometimes 3 if they aren't too dirty) pairs of shoes. I do not know if this
Brushes - They are identical to the JM brush, however I have not tried the gentle brush as of yet.
Protector - I have not used the protector spray yet, but I just by the appearance it looks like a solid product.

Overall the ForceField products are almost the same as Jason Markk and a better buy then the JM essential bundle kit (costs more money and does not provide a protector) However, JM continues to offer new and innovative products that will make the sneaker cleaning experience much more efficient and less time consuming, e.g. the wipes and RTU foam solution. With that said, I will continue to use ForceField and will be as satisfied as I was with the competing products.

This is a late response, but is the gap small enough where you could just fill it with glue entirely, let it harden, and then paint that hardened glue with angelus?

Just got these yesterday and they're my first 11's. Any tips for keeping the patent leather shiny and clean? Or will some simple water and a cloth do the trick? Any other upkeep tips would be appreciated too!
20180618_172838_HDR.jpg

White shoe polish?
I have a lot of black scuffs on my fire red 5s. Can I use shoe polish or is there a better remedy? Thanks

White shoe polish?
I have a lot of black scuffs on my fire red 5s. Can I use shoe polish or is there a better remedy? Thanks

White shoe polish?

You can take a Q-tip with a dab of nail polish remover, use different ones as soon you see discoloration on the Q-tip. Shoe polish will end up making your shoes look chalky in the long run with patches of different shades of white.

best way to get rid of this black mark on my toro 4's? it seems to have some type of ashy substance and simple wiping does nothing to take it away. brands with shoe wipes like jason markk and crep isnt recommended either.

p4GCiGt.jpg

You can take a Q-tip with a dab of nail polish remover, use different ones as soon you see discoloration on the Q-tip. Shoe polish will end up making your shoes look chalky in the long run with patches of different shades of white.
Thanks

The Vs midsole might be in crumble territory, but I can't recall hearing of too many '06+ retros crumbling so basic separation is probably the biggest thing you'd be facing.

All of the XIs should be just fine; slight separation at the most.

Thanks man. Finally wore the Space Jams. No issues, happy to say.

So I wore my space jams in the water and I’m trying to get the smell out. It’s been dried out and everything. Anything recommended?

What is the “home remedy” equivalent to reshoevn8r or like cleaners for white mesh? Need to start my next restore project on my 2000 concords and don’t want to wait air pay for a cleaning product if I don’t have to. Thanks!

4C5FD96D-AC07-47F6-8166-EEAE19AE1312.jpeg

What is the “home remedy” equivalent to reshoevn8r or like cleaners for white mesh? Need to start my next restore project on my 2000 concords and don’t want to wait air pay for a cleaning product if I don’t have to. Thanks!

4C5FD96D-AC07-47F6-8166-EEAE19AE1312.jpeg

Mr. Clean Eraser

Back
Top Bottom