:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Yeah use detergent if your not seeing improvement.

Ok imma buy some, for some reason the tongue and heels of the shoes smell bad, idk why, but they do. I hope all can get rid of the smell.

I’ll probably clean the whole shoe inside and take out the insoles to clean them.

That smell has me buggin tho, so weird for a smell to be there.

Ok imma buy some, for some reason the tongue and heels of the shoes smell bad, idk why, but they do. I hope all can get rid of the smell.

I’ll probably clean the whole shoe inside and take out the insoles to clean them.

That smell has me buggin tho, so weird for a smell to be there.
Laundry detergent will help, if the smell is coming from the stain.. If its coming from inside of the shoe, spray it with the best smelling Lysol spray. With the insoles, clean em witj h laundry detergent and then once dry, spray with Lysol..

Laundry detergent will help, if the smell is coming from the stain.. If its coming from inside of the shoe, spray it with the best smelling Lysol spray. With the insoles, clean em witj h laundry detergent and then once dry, spray with Lysol..

I think it really is coming from the stain, that’s weird as hell that dish soap and stain and cause a shoe to smell.

The stains keep coming back so imma cop some detergent.

I think it really is coming from the stain, that’s weird as hell that dish soap and stain and cause a shoe to smell.

The stains keep coming back so imma cop some detergent.

dish soap is not the cause of the smell.. it is probably from the shoe, wear, and maybe the stain. sometimes when you mix something that smells good over something that doesnt - when the good smelling stuff wears off, the bad smells even stronger..

Some smells are alot harder to remove then others.. At the end of the day its bacteria from sweat and etc mixing with other stuff. sweat smells are hard to remove, even with cleaners, which is why cleaning your shoes before they get dirty is essential - especially if you wear them alot. smelly shoes are the hardest smells to get rid of.

detergent will help, and if the smell is coming from inside the shoes, then lysol will help. even putting in a couple dryer sheets inside the shoes can help.

The smell is something new or has it just been getting worse and worse. I dont think its from the stain unless the stains are biohazard type body fluids or something that can go bad (e.g. milk or something).

If I ever have some shoes that smell bad, I put some shoe trees in and throw my shoes in a bra bag from Walmart. Put em in the wash on cold with regular detergent. Let em air dry. Smell gone. Unless they’re suede. Then you’re F’ed lol

dish soap is not the cause of the smell.. it is probably from the shoe, wear, and maybe the stain. sometimes when you mix something that smells good over something that doesnt - when the good smelling stuff wears off, the bad smells even stronger..

Some smells are alot harder to remove then others.. At the end of the day its bacteria from sweat and etc mixing with other stuff. sweat smells are hard to remove, even with cleaners, which is why cleaning your shoes before they get dirty is essential - especially if you wear them alot. smelly shoes are the hardest smells to get rid of.

detergent will help, and if the smell is coming from inside the shoes, then lysol will help. even putting in a couple dryer sheets inside the shoes can help.

The smell is something new or has it just been getting worse and worse. I dont think its from the stain unless the stains are biohazard type body fluids or something that can go bad (e.g. milk or something).

The smell didn’t come until I started cleaning the shoes.

I barely wore these shoes as well.

They came out last December, and I only wore them like 8-10 times.

My feet don’t stink and I don’t do anything that would make me sweat into them.

I can even smell a bad smell coming from the laces. It’s in the tongue too.

I can smell it when I’m brushing it.

If I squeeze water out the tongue, the smell comes out.

I even smelled it on my laces.

The only thing I can think of is shout.

I used shout all over my shoe before I hit you up, I sprayed all over then shoe, but idk how it makes the shoe stink.

I used the all and hope it’ll be good in the morning.

The smell didn’t come until I started cleaning the shoes.

I barely wore these shoes as well.

They came out last December, and I only wore them like 8-10 times.

My feet don’t stink and I don’t do anything that would make me sweat into them.

I can even smell a bad smell coming from the laces. It’s in the tongue too.

I can smell it when I’m brushing it.

If I squeeze water out the tongue, the smell comes out.

I even smelled it on my laces.

The only thing I can think of is shout.

I used shout all over my shoe before I hit you up, I sprayed all over then shoe, but idk how it makes the shoe stink.

I used the all and hope it’ll be good in the morning.
ok, then yeah use detergent and water combo on the stain and tongue... take both the laces out, put them inside a cup filled with warm water and detergent and let them sit in there for a bit.

thats def, odd. Unless its coming from the water

A8FAA0BD-1735-422B-939F-EB2534AC6D87.jpeg
A8FAA0BD-1735-422B-939F-EB2534AC6D87.jpeg
1964017C-79CA-47C4-87CE-FDD57862D7DB.jpeg
752D3AAE-D2B8-4D71-8859-54FB808ADB0B.jpeg
The toe cap came loose any ideas

Attachments

• ECCC699B-EC54-497A-8E77-0A648F2FE9F8.jpeg
    ECCC699B-EC54-497A-8E77-0A648F2FE9F8.jpeg
    192.6 KB · Views: 6
ok, then yeah use detergent and water combo on the stain and tongue... take both the laces out, put them inside a cup filled with warm water and detergent and let them sit in there for a bit.

thats def, odd. Unless its coming from the water

I might have put too much soap on the shoe. I kept brushing soap into it trying to make the stain go away, I did dilute it of course.

After that the tongue was super yellow stained up. I’m guessing it’s from the detergent?

So I brushed the shoe again and a lot of soap came out the shoe.

This one shoe is giving me a hard *** time, it’s the tongue and a lil bit of the sides.

These stains just won’t go away.

I might have put too much soap on the shoe. I kept brushing soap into it trying to make the stain go away, I did dilute it of course.

After that the tongue was super yellow stained up. I’m guessing it’s from the detergent?

So I brushed the shoe again and a lot of soap came out the shoe.

This one shoe is giving me a hard *** time, it’s the tongue and a lil bit of the sides.

These stains just won’t go away.
Pics... dude, i have never seen anyone have these problems. If alot of soap came out, then you didnt dilute the detergent enough. Detergent is concentrated soap. A third of a lid full is for an entire load of laundy, thats the machine filled with what 10-14 galloons of water..

How much detergent did you use versus water?What color was the detergent.

There is no way in hell clear laundry detergent is going to leave a yellow stain. With detergent, of the detergent was blue then the stain would be blue. Or green, e.g. gain then it would be green. I have never seen yellow colored detergent, yet. Plus detergent stains are easy to get out, so it wasnt the detergent.

Need to see some pics under the sun.

Never seen anyone have such tough luck with cleaning a stain, I am sorry man.

I know I have asked you a couple times and you didnt answer... But.. What type of stain was it. If my kicks get a stain , I can tell you 1000% what it was and when it happened. The only type of stain I know that reacts like this is blood. Which leads me to more questions, than answers.

Given you say the smell gets worse with water.. The stain changing colors with use of detergent... Only stain I know that turns yellow after you wash it is ****, Sweat, or Blood.

Given blood is going to smell the worse out of the three, as it is organic and it molds/decays/spoils and stuff. It smells alot more foul than anything... And if it is blood, then it would explain why the stain "grows" since blood is also a concentrated fluid. If you get it wet, the stain doesnt become diluted - it does vice versa it just turns the water red if its fresh or yellow if its not.... If it is blood (theoritically) that has settled - explains why no detergent and no soap is gonna be able to wash it out.

Last edited:
Pics... dude, i have never seen anyone have these problems. If alot of soap came out, then you didnt dilute the detergent enough. Detergent is concentrated soap. A third of a lid full is for an entire load of laundy, thats the machine filled with what 10-14 galloons of water..

How much detergent did you use versus water?What color was the detergent.

There is no way in hell clear laundry detergent is going to leave a yellow stain. With detergent, of the detergent was blue then the stain would be blue. Or green, e.g. gain then it would be green. I have never seen yellow colored detergent, yet. Plus detergent stains are easy to get out, so it wasnt the detergent.

Need to see some pics under the sun.

Never seen anyone have such tough luck with cleaning a stain, I am sorry man.

I know I have asked you a couple times and you didnt answer... But.. What type of stain was it. If my kicks get a stain , I can tell you 1000% what it was and when it happened. The only type of stain I know that reacts like this is blood. Which leads me to more questions, than answers.

Given you say the smell gets worse with water.. The stain changing colors with use of detergent... Only stain I know that turns yellow after you wash it is ****, Sweat, or Blood.

Given blood is going to smell the worse out of the three, as it is organic and it molds/decays/spoils and stuff. It smells alot more foul than anything... And if it is blood, then it would explain why the stain "grows" since blood is also a concentrated fluid. If you get it wet, the stain doesnt become diluted - it does vice versa it just turns the water red if its fresh or yellow if its not.... If it is blood (theoritically) that has settled - explains why no detergent and no soap is gonna be able to wash it out.

Lol bro I didn’t ignore your question, there wasn’t any blood or **** lol. I don’t think sweat either, but I’ll pick that if I had to pick.

The water isn’t yellow, it looks like the same stains you said from before, some of it’s gone, but the tongue is a pain.

I think it was the shout spray that left a bad smell because I never smelled anything before I sprayed the entire shoe with the shout spray. I’m thinking that was the smell.

I barely wore these kicks, but the Jean stains annoyed me so I cleaned it and all this happened.

The only real stain that I have is that little stain by the toe, idk wtf that could be, but I used dish soap, shout, detergent on that thing, still there.

The stains I was talking about were the dish soap stains.

I have pics and they looked like this after I used detergent one time.

Just now I cleaned them again with plain water and it got soapy, I think I put too much.

So picture a laundry cap, I filled it so low, it was basically still at the bottom of the cap. I used a lot of water.

These pics that I’m showing now are a few hours after I cleaned them with detergent, I just clean them again and that stain you see on the tongue is gone now.

So I just cleaned them again with pure water and they look good............. for now.

Attachments

• C982D67D-3918-428B-AAFD-C0FE1DA0257A.jpeg
    C982D67D-3918-428B-AAFD-C0FE1DA0257A.jpeg
    306.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 232D6DCB-C90F-4FF5-BDBC-071358F01148.jpeg
    232D6DCB-C90F-4FF5-BDBC-071358F01148.jpeg
    305.2 KB · Views: 19
  • B1061881-5051-46F3-A43A-4976814AD895.jpeg
    B1061881-5051-46F3-A43A-4976814AD895.jpeg
    371.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Lol bro I didn’t ignore your question, there wasn’t any blood or **** lol. I don’t think sweat either, but I’ll pick that if I had to pick.

The water isn’t yellow, it looks like the same stains you said from before, some of it’s gone, but the tongue is a pain.

I think it was the shout spray that left a bad smell because I never smelled anything before I sprayed the entire shoe with the shout spray. I’m thinking that was the smell.

I barely wore these kicks, but the Jean stains annoyed me so I cleaned it and all this happened.

The only real stain that I have is that little stain by the toe, idk wtf that could be, but I used dish soap, shout, detergent on that thing, still there.

The stains I was talking about were the dish soap stains.

I have pics and they looked like this after I used detergent one time.

Just now I cleaned them again with plain water and it got soapy, I think I put too much.

So picture a laundry cap, I filled it so low, it was basically still at the bottom of the cap. I used a lot of water.

These pics that I’m showing now are a few hours after I cleaned them with detergent, I just clean them again and that stain you see on the tongue is gone now.

So I just cleaned them again with pure water and they look good............. for now.
nah you did it right, fam. Im just somewhat baffled at how tough that stain is being. Id expect it on suede but not mesh. Your cleanin them correctly.

Whatever that stain is or was, seems to be growing larger/expanding with water due to its concentration - hence why its getting larger. It will do that to a point where it becomes fully diluted and starts to clear away. The downside of it being usually I dont like to repeat the process of cleaning too many times, but it seems necessary.

Same rules apply. Use your cleaning method X many times until you see no improvement. Before you switch to something stronger.

If the yellow comes back, youll need to use oxiclean in place of the detergent.

As far as the smell its 1000% the original stain. It has settled into the material, and when you wet it - its coming back to the surface. Same thing happens when a pet pees on carpet. Eventually the smell settles deep in the material, and when you try cleaning it - it brings the smell right back up. Since the tongue has padding/foam underneath, the stain can settle a bit deeper than other parts of the shoe.

If you can get the stain out and it still smells. Lysol, should do the trick and it wont leave any stains. Focus on the stain, then the smell afterwards.

If it is bodily fluids that caused the stain, a blacklight should tell you if it is. Knowing what the stain is makes it SO much easier and saves time as certain stains have their own cleaning methods.

Last edited:
they scr
The patent leather on my concords has some cracks on it

vpzr4x.jpg

Anything I can do to take those out?
they scratches or cracks.. If they are scratches, rubbing alcohol.

If the material is cracking, I dont think a whole lote can be done. If the patent leather is cracking due to age, it is because patent leather simply doesnt age very well.. Its similiar to 3M. It dries out and then cracks. Patent leather is a hard material to care after, even on dress shoes let alone sneakers. As its basically a film thats applied ontop of the leather. There is differently levels of quality of the film theybuse for patent leather.. E.g. the patent leather on my girls chanel bag is pretty much scratch and crack resistant, as I am sure JB uses a much lower quality to. In this case I am fairly positive that all that film is, is really a plastic covering.

You can take scratches and scuffs out of plastic.. But as far as plastic cracking , I dont think a whole lot that can be done without altering the look of the shoe. Possibly you could put a thin layer of glue over the patent leather - but I wouldnt recommend it.

Personally, if it bothers you that much, a shoe repair shop should be able to help you out more than I can. As I am sure they have seen and repaired everything under the moon in consideration to patent leather dress shoes, purses, wallets, and etc.

my experience with patent leather is limited to dress shoes as I stay away from patent leather sneakers due to how poorly it ages on sneakers.

Last edited:
updated my post above, man.

I appreciate it man. Thank you. I barley wore those concords, so kind of lame they have cracks already.

So Rubbing alcohol is for if it’s just scuffed. What would be the best thing to make it shine again? I read so many diff things. Tire wipes, skin lotion... what do you think would be best to make the patent leather shiny again

nah you did it right, fam. Im just somewhat baffled at how tough that stain is being. Id expect it on suede but not mesh. Your cleanin them correctly.

Whatever that stain is or was, seems to be growing larger/expanding with water due to its concentration - hence why its getting larger. It will do that to a point where it becomes fully diluted and starts to clear away. The downside of it being usually I dont like to repeat the process of cleaning too many times, but it seems necessary.

Same rules apply. Use your cleaning method X many times until you see no improvement. Before you switch to something stronger.

If the yellow comes back, youll need to use oxiclean in place of the detergent.

As far as the smell its 1000% the original stain. It has settled into the material, and when you wet it - its coming back to the surface. Same thing happens when a pet pees on carpet. Eventually the smell settles deep in the material, and when you try cleaning it - it brings the smell right back up. Since the tongue has padding/foam underneath, the stain can settle a bit deeper than other parts of the shoe.

If you can get the stain out and it still smells. Lysol, should do the trick and it wont leave any stains. Focus on the stain, then the smell afterwards.

If it is bodily fluids that caused the stain, a blacklight should tell you if it is. Knowing what the stain is makes it SO much easier and saves time as certain stains have their own cleaning methods.

Yeah the only stain on these were jean stains.

The jeans were heavy black denim. You think the denim left a smell?

Funny thing is that the stains from the jeans weren’t even that bad to go through all of this lol.

How many times do you think I should use detergent before using oxi clean?

Should I use water from now on or should I use the detergent every time?

Should I spray the tongue and heel with Lysol and let it soak in there?

I’m certain it has to be the shout spray or maybe the jeans left a smell. Like should I soak it to get rid of the scent?

I barely wore these kicks and there weren’t any stains, there was light black jean stains, but that was it.

As for using a cleaner for fragrance, should I just stick to Jason markk or can I use regular blue detergent?

I’m trying to find something I can clean with that won’t stain, but leaves a good smell or gets rid of smells.

I’m trying to get the smell off the laces.

Maybe I could mix in something with the clean and clear detergent?

I appreciate it man. Thank you. I barley wore those concords, so kind of lame they have cracks already.

So Rubbing alcohol is for if it’s just scuffed. What would be the best thing to make it shine again? I read so many diff things. Tire wipes, skin lotion... what do you think would be best to make the patent leather shiny again

Those the 18s concords? Where do you usually wear them at? It’s way too early for them to be cracking, it hasn’t even been a year yet.

My 6 rings cracked after a while, but I wore them a lot, it got so bad that the inside came out of the crack.

Yeah the only stain on these were jean stains.

The jeans were heavy black denim. You think the denim left a smell?

Funny thing is that the stains from the jeans weren’t even that bad to go through all of this lol.

How many times do you think I should use detergent before using oxi clean?

Should I use water from now on or should I use the detergent every time?

Should I spray the tongue and heel with Lysol and let it soak in there?

I’m certain it has to be the shout spray or maybe the jeans left a smell. Like should I soak it to get rid of the scent?

I barely wore these kicks and there weren’t any stains, there was light black jean stains, but that was it.

As for using a cleaner for fragrance, should I just stick to Jason markk or can I use regular blue detergent?

I’m trying to find something I can clean with that won’t stain, but leaves a good smell or gets rid of smells.

I’m trying to get the smell off the laces.

Maybe I could mix in something with the clean and clear detergent?

*sigh*.. I feel like I keep repeating the same questions/answers from you. I really dont mind helping you , you can always PM me so its not eating so much of the thread.

*buy clear colored detergent.. my recommendation is "All". Not colored detergent or soaps.*

*soak laces inside a cup of water mixed with detergent*

* its normal to have to repeat cleaning cycles. Continue your method until you no longer see visible results before switching to oxiclean. Dont douse the shoes, I also mentioned this. A cycle is clean, let it dry completely, clean again. *

*whats your experiencing is far from what Id consider normal... Black Denim , even Blue denim does not turn yellow. Not saying its not possible because apparently it is. And detergent based sprays , or cleaning agents dont make things smell worse. Even in contact with the worse of stains. Sure sometimes they may not work or wear off, but they dont make things immediately smell worse. The shoes are way too new to go under oxidation like that.. And sure, more bizzarre things have happened.. You can try to dish some money to a shoe repair and have them clean it for you if your not comfortable or confident in cleaning or if things are getting worse which from the looks of it, they are. Soap stains and hard water stains can be stubborn but never seen them this stubborn. It could be the original stain reacted your earlier cleaning methods, hand soap, shout, dish soap and made it worse. That can happen. Or depending on the denim your wearing, could also be chemicals from the dye..*

I dont know how much more I can help you with your concords. Maybe try doing some research on Youtube. If oxiclean doesnt give you results, something went terribly wrong here. *Its a good idea to figure it out so you dont do it again*. I gave you some solid tips, but I have never had a shoe I couldnt bring back to form. Its always good to take a pair of beaters and practice cleaning with them. It takes a bit of practice, not alot. At the end of the day you may want to desginate these as beater or try dyeing or painting over the yellow with white.

You could try Jason Mark, but you may want to clean both shoes to ensure color matches.. JM is basically detergent mixed with water with a whitening / color enhancing agent in it - in a concentrated form. Not really diff than what your doing. But JM isnt really made for spot cleaning. You can try spot cleaning first, but the color doesnt match when it dries , then clean the entire shoes.

Last edited:

yeah Ive heard of the skin lotion method as well. personally Id try it out on a small part of the shoe or a beater pair of 11s if you got one. Ive heard of people swaring that this method works.. Would I use it on my dress shoes, hell no. On my sneakers, why not.

the simplest - water and a rag.. use a non lint rag.. like an old t shirt thats clean.. Wet the rag, get the p leather a little wet. then with a dry rag/towel, dry em off. Then applying a small amt of skin lotion on the rag.. a little goes a long way. Thats what Ive heard.

you could use amorall cleaner (the one for inside your car as its safer on plastic)..

Your on the right track but tire wipes sounds off to me, not saying it wont work since its made for rubber..

*sigh*.. I feel like I keep repeating the same questions/answers from you. I really dont mind helping you , you can always PM me so its not eating so much of the thread.

*buy clear colored detergent.. my recommendation is "All". Not colored detergent or soaps.*

*soak laces inside a cup of water mixed with detergent*

* its normal to have to repeat cleaning cycles. Continue your method until you no longer see visible results before switching to oxiclean. Dont douse the shoes, I also mentioned this. A cycle is clean, let it dry completely, clean again. *

*whats your experiencing is far from what Id consider normal... Black Denim , even Blue denim does not turn yellow. Not saying its not possible because apparently it is. And detergent based sprays , or cleaning agents dont make things smell worse. Even in contact with the worse of stains. Sure sometimes they may not work or wear off, but they dont make things immediately smell worse. The shoes are way too new to go under oxidation like that.. And sure, more bizzarre things have happened.. You can try to dish some money to a shoe repair and have them clean it for you if your not comfortable or confident in cleaning or if things are getting worse which from the looks of it, they are. Soap stains and hard water stains can be stubborn but never seen them this stubborn. It could be the original stain reacted your earlier cleaning methods, hand soap, shout, dish soap and made it worse. That can happen. Or depending on the denim your wearing, could also be chemicals from the dye..*

I dont know how much more I can help you with your concords. Maybe try doing some research on Youtube. If oxiclean doesnt give you results, something went terribly wrong here. *Its a good idea to figure it out so you dont do it again*. I gave you some solid tips, but I have never had a shoe I couldnt bring back to form. Its always good to take a pair of beaters and practice cleaning with them. It takes a bit of practice, not alot. At the end of the day you may want to desginate these as beater or try dyeing or painting over the yellow with white.

You could try Jason Mark, but you may want to clean both shoes to ensure color matches.. JM is basically detergent mixed with water with a whitening / color enhancing agent in it - in a concentrated form. Not really diff than what your doing. But JM isnt really made for spot cleaning. You can try spot cleaning first, but the color doesnt match when it dries , then clean the entire shoes.

preciate it.

Any help would be great! I have a pair of 1991 white Infrared 6s sz 11 that need to be swapped. Wouldni be better off using a Sz 10.5, 11, or 11.5 sole? I have an 11 and 11.5 but if i need to get a 10.5 i can

Back
Top Bottom