:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

How many silica pack do you use for 1 box.
just one small one. dont overdo it with the silicia packs and I wouldnt use them with leather shoes... Suede is okay... But not full grain leathers.

Dont put it directly on the shoe.. Put the shoes in a plastic bag and the silicia packet on top of the bag.

Has anybody used the reshoevn8r Stain & water repellent? I copped yesterday but not sure if it will cause damage to kicks down the line.

should i put the silica packs on the top of the paper so when you open the box you see it. i heard that this is the best way because it isn't taken themoisture from your shoes its just taken away the moisture from the air. is this right or should a put it next to the shoe under the paper in the box. hopesomeone has an answer
smile.gif

Put them in the shoes in the box its good to prevent them from breaking down also storung themm properly and also wearung your shoes also helps keep your shoes brom breaking down and just keep up on maintnance clean them so often and store them away correctly wen not wearing platic bin containers but most important exposing the shoes to the elemts helps out alot for nettung you can use sole bright salone care 40 or any of them oxidizing creams and if there colored white just repaint them repainting and fixing your shoes is not ruining it i personally think its ok i dont mind of my soles are ****ed up im sole swap them cause i like wearing my shoes as long as there legit shoes and parts your good. And silica pack works wonders but if the shoe allready degrading your going to have to repmace it i seen a huy take out the degraded foam or cotton in the interrior and replaced the foam or cotton padding with fresh foam came out wonderful!!!!!!
15652038472441300698762.jpg

And i have alot of sneakers this is nothing and most of them are OGs that ive owned the shoes entire life and there good as you can see!!! I have shoes from 96 still in better condition then most guys 6 month old shoes lol.

it amazes me when people
Has anybody used the reshoevn8r Stain & water repellent? I copped yesterday but not sure if it will cause damage to kicks down the line.
I dont trust it. All the videos I seen is promotional or marketing campaigns. You can google and see the damage it has caused on shoes.

My advice, it shoild be okay on suede or nubuck. Dont use on grain leathers.

Treat it as a low quality cleaner. The stuff at the grocery market, works better and is safer on yoir shoes.. Hell that stuff at grocery markets, e.g. Kiwi - has been around for 10-20 years. That silently says something loud to me.

One time I used "sneaker" cleaners it washed the dye right off the leather. I realized it was either a rip off or just not safe on shoes. Maybe if somebody is doing a restoration, its not a bad idea. Lol saves rwo steps.

it amazes me when people

I dont trust it. All the videos I seen is promotional or marketing campaigns. You can google and see the damage it has caused on shoes.

My advice, it shoild be okay on suede or nubuck. Dont use on grain leathers.

Treat it as a low quality cleaner. The stuff at the grocery market, works better and is safer on yoir shoes.. Hell that stuff at grocery markets, e.g. Kiwi - has been around for 10-20 years. That silently says something loud to me.

One time I used "sneaker" cleaners it washed the dye right off the leather. I realized it was either a rip off or just not safe on shoes. Maybe if somebody is doing a restoration, its not a bad idea. Lol saves rwo steps.

I appreciate the answer G, has damage been caused by the repellent tho? I've heard bad things about the cleaner itself but i'm not sure about the repellent... quite honestly i would only be using it on suede/nubuck. there's really no need to coat leather IMO

Been preaching it in other threads but everyone that has older leather based shoes I highly recommend using Leather Honey to prolong (and to some extent restore) the longevity of the shoes. Here are pics of 85 1s and 90 5s I’ve been applying it too on a bi yearly basis since I’ve gotten them. The 5s although having a durabuck upper seems to take to the leather honey well for some reason (the upper is soft and malleable).
57A95FA5-01E6-4079-8475-7A6A753D8F74.jpeg

1FB3EE6D-1657-447A-B301-78CD88E93EDD.jpeg

8CCDE10D-6006-45F6-BF48-6053AC63FC79.jpeg

Hey everyone, I’m new to the forum. I need some help with a pair of low Jordan 8s from 2003. They are in great shape, but the white plastic on the sides has yellowed, and I’ve noticed that the red and black stripes on the yellowed plastic smudge and come off when I rub the plastic. Does anyone have any suggestions on how treat this. Ideally, I’d like to be able to restore these 8s to their former glory. This would mean, de-yellowing the white, and doing something to prevent the other colors from smudging or coming off the plastic. Other then this, the sneakers are in great shape, barely worn. Thanks in advance.

Hey everyone, I’m new to the forum. I need some help with a pair of low Jordan 8s from 2003. They are in great shape, but the white plastic on the sides has yellowed, and I’ve noticed that the red and black stripes on the yellowed plastic smudge and come off when I rub the plastic. Does anyone have any suggestions on how treat this. Ideally, I’d like to be able to restore these 8s to their former glory. This would mean, de-yellowing the white, and doing something to prevent the other colors from smudging or coming off the plastic. Other then this, the sneakers are in great shape, barely worn. Thanks in advance.
Anyone out there?

Hey wassup guys? I’ve tried my best to find a solution, but I can’t seem to find a straight answer. This site treated me so well last time, I thought I’d try to see if y’all can help again. What’s the best way to remove creases or dimples out of patent leather 1s? Thank you so much!

you could either leave it as it is. or youd have to restore them.. de yellow and repaint

Hey wassup guys? I’ve tried my best to find a solution, but I can’t seem to find a straight answer. This site treated me so well last time, I thought I’d try to see if y’all can help again. What’s the best way to remove creases or dimples out of patent leather 1s? Thank you so much!

Stuff the toe boxes. Unfortunetly, what patent leather is, is a film usually clear plastic on top of leather. So the leather creases or plastic. traditional methods like ironing will damage patent leather.

my best tip, stuff them tightly with paper or clean socks. Put them back in the box for a few weeks. then after every wear - restuff the toe boxes.

Been preaching it in other threads but everyone that has older leather based shoes I highly recommend using Leather Honey to prolong (and to some extent restore) the longevity of the shoes. Here are pics of 85 1s and 90 5s I’ve been applying it too on a bi yearly basis since I’ve gotten them. The 5s although having a durabuck upper seems to take to the leather honey well for some reason (the upper is soft and malleable).
57A95FA5-01E6-4079-8475-7A6A753D8F74.jpeg

1FB3EE6D-1657-447A-B301-78CD88E93EDD.jpeg

8CCDE10D-6006-45F6-BF48-6053AC63FC79.jpeg

link? love to try em out. But I get the same results with something thats waaayy cheaper and I dont think its quite intended for leather but it works wonderfully.

On a pair of 2016 Air Jordan retro Blk/Red 1,s that I have. I have a small circle on the red tumbled leather part on the front part of the foot, that has become a little bit lighter in shade, compared to the rest of the red leather around it. Imagine looking at the front of the shoe, then you see a circle size lighter shade of red in the middle of the red part of the foot location.

My question, is there any products that I can buy over the counter that will make the lighter part turn back into a darker shade of red like the rest of the foot part, or am I going to have to order some Angela's Red paint to make that little part a darker red like the rest of the shoe?

I don't remember if I spilled anything on them, or if it's a scuff. I just seen it a couple of days ago. I wiped the spot down lightly (Because that leather can be damaged easily, so I didn't want to be rough while rubbing it). I let it dry, and some of the color came back, but it's still noticeable.

I need yalls help bad, because I haven't gotten that much wear out of these 1,s, and I need to save them so I can get some where out of them.

Does anybody in here know the right Angelus Paint Color of Red to by for the 2016 AJ Retro 1 Blk/Red? I'm a go ahead and just hit it up with some paint.

pics.....? painting should be your last option, especially if youve never done it before.

Does anybody in here know the right Angelus Paint Color of Red to by for the 2016 AJ Retro 1 Blk/Red? I'm a go ahead and just hit it up with some paint.

Thanks for the advice feelingood, but painting a small circle to blend in with right right shade can't be that hard. It'll just take a couple of light brushes. I'll post some pictures on here later on tonight.

Back
Top Bottom