:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

On the question that I asked about changing the lighter shade of red (circle shape) back into the darker shade of red on the 2016 AJ 1 Bred. Do you all think leather lotion will bring back the shade of red that it needs to be, or should I go ahead and just get some Angelus and get it over with? Also, does anyone here know which color Red Angelus paint is the right color combination for the AJ 1 2016 Bred?

Thanks for the advice feelingood, but painting a small circle to blend in with right right shade can't be that hard. It'll just take a couple of light brushes. I'll post some pictures on here later on tonight.
no its not hard. when you put new paint on old paint, it can cause the old paint to chip off. as long as you got a handle on it and dont put too much paint , you should be alright...

On the question that I asked about changing the lighter shade of red (circle shape) back into the darker shade of red on the 2016 AJ 1 Bred. Do you all think leather lotion will bring back the shade of red that it needs to be, or should I go ahead and just get some Angelus and get it over with? Also, does anyone here know which color Red Angelus paint is the right color combination for the AJ 1 2016 Bred?

you can try. but when leather is wet it will look darker but then get lighter when it dries.

as far as the color, call angelus. they will tell you.

but fyi, I did warn you, bro. and without pics, nobody can really offer you decent advice. Youll have a few problems you gotta watch out for..

1 the paint not matching. even the right paint may not match. paint ages and changes hue, thats why people usually dont recommend touch up painting.. in order for it to match, you gotta paint the entire thing.

2. painting ontop of painting can cause chipping or other issues.. which is why before painting you gotta prep the surface so the paint sticks to it. for touchup may not be an issue. but if you paint on a chip prone area, it will chip off the paint and take the old paint around the area with it.

which leaves me to this. if you dont know what your doing, you may mess up your shoes more through tryjng to repair. do yourself favor, find a leather expert (if your painting ontop of the leather), e.g. any shoe repair that works leather shoes - they can literally show you what to do if you are good with people. otherwise, they may offer it for free.

when you go from cleaning., and maintenance and start getting into the grey area of restore/repair - thats a dangerous place.

Id say live with them the way they are. But then again youve shown no pics, so I cant see how big or small thus circle area is or where on the shoe it has occured on.

If we cant see, we cant help ya.

Last edited:
guys if you want advice on maintenance, or repair.. you gotta post pics up of the problem. its inpossible giving you advice on how to fix something that we cant see.

mind sharing a pic.
20190831_221256.jpg

The clear blue pods have turned yellow on my sail element react 87s midsole anyone know how to fix this?

Last edited:
Went to finally un-DS a pair of my chicago 1s (2015) and notice this tear in the leather near the toebox, straight through. Any ideas how to mend this? Some kind of leather glue?

Any advice is appreciated.

Screenshot_20190903-145220__01.jpg

Last edited:
20190831_221256.jpg

The clear blue pods have turned yellow on my sail element react 87s midsole anyone know how to fix this?
you can keep them from turning yellow.. however theres not many safe ways to turn em back clear.

you can use salon 40, youtube it. or you can try redying the clear parts light blue

Went to finally un-DS a pair of my chicago 1s (2015) and notice this tear in the leather near the toebox, straight through. Any ideas how to mend this? Some kind of leather glue?

Any advice is appreciated.

Screenshot_20190903-145220__01.jpg

restitching them is the proper way to go.

F62F47A4-B604-48CD-94CF-2075C202670D.jpeg
I fell asleep in front of a heater with my Space Jam 11s still on my feet. Needless to say I believe the heat has damaged my soles. The carbon fiber plate has started to separate from the sole, and now there is a small gap between the midsole and carbon fiber. It is no longer firmly glued down. I will provide a picture, but what I want to know is if there is any way I can fix this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

• li" data-history="on" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px 10px; font-size: 14px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(44, 44, 44); word-wrap: normal; min-height: 23px; display: -webkit-flex; width: 323px; box-sizing: border-box; flex-wrap: wrap;">

F62F47A4-B604-48CD-94CF-2075C202670D.jpeg
I fell asleep in front of a heater with my Space Jam 11s still on my feet. Needless to say I believe the heat has damaged my soles. The carbon fiber plate has started to separate from the sole, and now there is a small gap between the midsole and carbon fiber. It is no longer firmly glued down. I will provide a picture, but what I want to know is if there is any way I can fix this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

• li" data-history="on" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px 10px; font-size: 14px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(44, 44, 44); word-wrap: normal; min-height: 23px; display: -webkit-flex; width: 323px; box-sizing: border-box; flex-wrap: wrap;">
grab some barge cement and apply carefully with a toothpick.

restitching them is the proper way to go.

Thanks man. Looked closer and it looks like it's not a rip through the stitching, just the leather, so all the stitching is actually only on one side. Like someone just stabbed the leather or something.

The rip is just close to it. I'll look to seeing what I can do with stitching but I think maybe there's some glue out there I can use too?

Thanks man. Looked closer and it looks like it's not a rip through the stitching, just the leather, so all the stitching is actually only on one side. Like someone just stabbed the leather or something.

The rip is just close to it. I'll look to seeing what I can do with stitching but I think maybe there's some glue out there I can use too?

I am gonna stick to my initial opinion. Your shoes though, do what you feel you want to do. I cant talk you out of glueing them, so be it.. Glue isnt made to fix rips. It ripped at the stitch....... I wouldnt recommend the wrong way.

Take them to a shoe repair and ask them to stitch it for you.

Anything for removing denim dye from suede/nubuck? I have a suede eraser. Stupidly wore dark denim with my Turbo Green 1s.

Anything for removing denim dye from suede/nubuck? I have a suede eraser. Stupidly wore dark denim with my Turbo Green 1s.
try suede eraser first. then try suede spray cleaner if that doesnt work.

denim stains are really tough to clean. its basically excess dye. cuff up next time.

try suede eraser first. then try suede spray cleaner if that doesnt work.

denim stains are really tough to clean. its basically excess dye. cuff up next time.

I did. Got them out. Cuffed them as well. These jeans have been washed multiple times. Thought the excess would have rinsed out.

I did. Got them out. Cuffed them as well. These jeans have been washed multiple times. Thought the excess would have rinsed out.
yeah I got jeans like that too. Ive noticed bad success with white or tan suede. but reletaviely more success getting denim stains out of colored suede.

good thing you washed em. It makes the cleaning process alot easier as opposed to trying to get pure denim dye out.. its possible but it just depends on the suede, color, and the denim color

With regards to the Jordan 1 glittering issue:

I'm not fussed about them glittering or becoming a bit sparkly, but I'm concerned if this mold (or so I've heard that is what it is) will cause problems with the shoe like breakdown or bad smells etc?

NT,

Still need to do more sessions on my icey soles, do you guys clean it off if theres still excess? First time ive used this stuff and dont want to leave it on overnight.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom