:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

NT,

Still need to do more sessions on my icey soles, do you guys clean it off if theres still excess? First time ive used this stuff and dont want to leave it on overnight.

Thanks

you asked if we clean it off if theres excess. ezcess of what? what is "it". ??? Im guessing your using salon 40 or referring to it?

Id try ironing out the toe boxes and touch up paint.. - and theyd look bangin. is the glue holding up alright?

other than that, good work.

I was thinking on ironing the toe boxes.
Glue just recently dried out on my last wear last month. Lasted for a while, need a quick reglue.

Finally have the time to fix my OGs
Need to white the midsoles and reglue.... they are just sitting there in my closet for the past few years dying out

BE6A3F5D-21AC-4350-AC2E-EC459B563341.jpeg

Attachments

• 74E3F7EB-C695-4279-8C75-99571C919B06.jpeg
    74E3F7EB-C695-4279-8C75-99571C919B06.jpeg
    422.3 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
I was thinking on ironing the toe boxes.
Glue just recently dried out on my last wear last month. Lasted for a while, need a quick reglue.

Finally have the time to fix my OGs
Need to white the midsoles and reglue.... they are just sitting there in my closet for the past few years dying out

BE6A3F5D-21AC-4350-AC2E-EC459B563341.jpeg
bro you def got the talent for restoring and cleaning. as simple as it seems, even explaining it or showing someone - its not something everyone can do..

ill be looking foward to seein the progress

bro you def got the talent for restoring and cleaning. as simple as it seems, even explaining it or showing someone - its not something everyone can do..

ill be looking foward to seein the progress

Yeah, I use to restore a lot a few years ago. It takes a lot of time and patience. Time is something I don’t got no more lol.

Just removed the creases on my low royal I just brought

Before
B95B700C-6C71-4FF8-A0B8-755885956333.jpeg

After
8BAEFCF7-7CBC-4FC6-897A-F2DDEF7D3915.jpeg

I’m sure this has been asked numerous times, but how do I avoid denim stains on white shoes? I wear a lot of selvedge jeans, they bleed a whole lot, so avoided white shoes for years. I’m thinking of copping white shoes soon. Thanks in advance

Also, how effective are these sprays such as crep protect and reshoevn8er?

Crosspost - anyone seen this type of stain on their concord 11s? It's not a surface stain but underneath the outsole. (I pulled these out today to unDS and the stain appeared. Wasn't there before)

concord.jpg

Anyone have any advice for removing the outsole (not the midsole, but the black outsole that curves up onto the toe) on older huaraches? my joints from about 20 years ago are fallin off and I'ld like to take them completely off and try to reglue to the midsole (knowing it may not work).

Quote post so I see it please, and thanks in advance if anyone can help.

I’m sure this has been asked numerous times, but how do I avoid denim stains on white shoes? I wear a lot of selvedge jeans, they bleed a whole lot, so avoided white shoes for years. I’m thinking of copping white shoes soon. Thanks in advance

Also, how effective are these sprays such as crep
protect and reshoevn8er?

cuff your jeans or wash then to get rid of the dye. not very effective other than mild stains. id use kiwi spray or angelus prodicts for anything more intensive in regards to cleaning.

Anyone have any advice for removing the outsole (not the midsole, but the black outsole that curves up onto the toe) on older huaraches? my joints from about 20 years ago are fallin off and I'ld like to take them completely off and try to reglue to the midsole (knowing it may not work).

Quote post so I see it please, and thanks in advance if anyone can help.

from what I know youd need to remove both.. applying heat will remove the glue. Maybe there is a trick to just remove the outsole , in that case I dont know.

from what I know youd need to remove both.. applying heat will remove the glue. Maybe there is a trick to just remove the outsole , in that case I dont know.

Ah gotcha. Yeah I did a really cruddy glue job when they started yappin at me about 10 years ago, so I'll try to at least heat that up first to remove. Repped.

Anyone know what I can do here to fix the back tab of my SS 6s? These are unwearable like this but I’m not sure I can even replace this.

FB09C8C1-1CD6-4D1A-844A-A55B8EA237A2.jpeg

Last edited:
IMG_0809.jpg

I need some help... As y'all can see the bubble Swoosh on the right shoe of Penny 1's has yellowed in the last few years to the point where it is greenish while the left shoe is basically pristine. I'm trying to fix and unyellow so it can go back to the original royal blue color. Also would want to know how to keep either one from going that way... Appreciate all tips :nthat:

Anyone know what I can do here to fix the back tab of my SS 6s? These are unwearable like this but I’m not sure I can even replace this.

FB09C8C1-1CD6-4D1A-844A-A55B8EA237A2.jpeg
damn man. I have never seen this happen on older or newer sixes. how did they break, were you pulling on it while stepping down or something.

asides from sewing on a new backtab. you could try doing a neat glue job, on the corners.. that may work out.

IMG_0809.jpg

I need some help... As y'all can see the bubble Swoosh on the right shoe of Penny 1's has yellowed in the last few years to the point where it is greenish while the left shoe is basically pristine. I'm trying to fix and unyellow so it can go back to the original royal blue color. Also would want to know how to keep either one from going that way... Appreciate all tips :nthat:

if its an old shoe, Id stop and wouldbt play around with the air bubble. once the air bubbles gone, the shoe is gone. as far as yellowing , leave it be. if you try cleaning it or restoring it, you risk puncturing or weakening the air bubble. Ive seen sole swaps but mever seen anyone repair a burst air bubble before. if your dead set on getting them back, start looking for a donor to do a sole swap.

damn man. I have never seen this happen on older or newer sixes. how did they break, were you pulling on it while stepping down or something.

asides from sewing on a new backtab. you could try doing a neat glue job, on the corners.. that may work out.

Yeah I was removing the left shoe and pulled too hard. This specific cw has a leather lining which makes it harder to remove (vs plush lining). I now realize I should have used baby power inside the shoes to address this issue (I only wore these about 3 times).

Yeah I was removing the left shoe and pulled too hard. This specific cw has a leather lining which makes it harder to remove (vs plush lining). I now realize I should have used baby power inside the shoes to address this issue (I only wore these about 3 times).
that makes sense.. you could try neatly glueing the corner parts.. But then be careful of excess glue.. And also keep in mind to never pull on the tab.

grab a pair of shoe horns - they really do come in handy. yeah leather os somewhat sticky, not sure if baby powder would have helped or not.. but non cotton socks def would have helped. stance has some socks that arent that traditional heavy cotton material.. ive got some leather lined shoes too, so i def relate to wjat your saying.

Anyone have any feedback or tips on bringing back the color on suede/faux suede (ie the toes on the Air Max 1)??? Just bought a pair and already see them starting to fade.

yeah really hard to notice. grab a suede brush and brush them. dont use a suede eraser as it will make them fade more. suede erasers dont like black suede. brushing em should help dramatically.

if that dont work, and you rrally believe they are losing dye or getting ashy. you can buy a bottle of suede renew. follow the instructions and tape off the shoes.. just make sure you get the black color

Back
Top Bottom