:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Bottoms are slick. Tread gone in some spots.
Perhaps someone else will chime in but to my understanding the only way to rebuild tread is to literally get ahold of the mold.
That aside best bet is to get a donor shoe and swap the sole over. If its translucent dyeing is an option, ditto if its solid.

Dude you are on some ocd next level **** this is awesome. You should start a YouTube channel. Would be sick and so helpful to see instructional videos for your techniques.

Even the slanted clippers for the pl. And conditioning of it. You da man! Hell I didn’t even know you could take some new ds icy soles and ice them further to blue glacier status wtf lol
I need in

For some reason the link doesn’t work. I couldn’t post an amazon link either btw. I don’t see one for $32 but just started looking. I definitely want them stackable and holes on the front and/or back so they can breathe while stacked. And the opening lid from the front so you can remove any shoe while they’re all still stacked.

EDIT: I think I’m gonna go with plastic and save a bunch of money on a bunch of containers. As long as it’s not tight on the shoes and not paper right? Like here is a stack of 4 of em with the drop front opening and the large hole in the front for air. 4 for $50 which is still kinda expensive but these look pretty good and it’s a one time cost. I will still look around!

1592392363186.png
Darn I wonder why. The only thing with the one I sent is that it is not stackable. So those actually look legit and not a bad price either! Looks a little better than the container store ones.

just a hunch, but keep your boxes........everything is cyclical and those containers could just be a trend........personally i hate that the boxes have a comprised integrity, if you stack 5+ boxes; but i love opening the box and taking them out

just a hunch, but keep your boxes........everything is cyclical and those containers could just be a trend........personally i hate that the boxes have a comprised integrity, if you stack 5+ boxes; but i love opening the box and taking them out
Hey to each their own! One thing though is I don’t follow trends. I’m too old for that lol. I wear cargo shorts still because they’re practical. I dont wear crew socks or skinny jeans. I actually like the idea of stacking clear boxes that I can pull a pair out of the bottom of the stack without removing the ones on top to get to it. Plus I like that I can see them.

But you are absolutely right about not throwing away boxes! I’m selling stuff online right now and empty boxes sell for good money. At least $10 each. But I want to make sure I’m not going to resell the shoe before I sell the box.

I got these concords that I’m about to clean and then put em in one of my mesh wash bags lol ok I don’t know what the advantages are of the new honeycomb mesh vs the other types but whatever
5B2B6630-B69B-46E2-9CAF-9D233B32B6FB.png

The shoes

12431428-4EDF-4549-ADF5-891E0AE03F81.jpeg

Any tips on what to use in the wash cycle???

Darn I wonder why. The only thing with the one I sent is that it is not stackable. So those actually look legit and not a bad price either! Looks a little better than the container store ones.
Yeah bro idk what I’m gonna get still. I’m back on the container store looking at maybe getting these. I wanna spend money on shoes not the containers! So these aren’t terribly expensive. Especially when you look at the hilariously priced reshoevn8r acrylic single case for $80, these look nice and 6 of em for $48 sounds good and they do have ventilation holes.

48DB8E48-FA9A-4809-8CEC-81B61463E536.png

Hey, i got a pair of jordan 5 that as suede cracking and peeling any idea if i can fix them? If yes what tutorial/product do you suggest? (EU shop if possible)

I also got a pair of 3 sport blue that need a repaint any suggestion for a blue/white paint, which shop/product? i have added pictures, thank for the read have a good day
IMG_20200622_143058.jpg
IMG_20200622_143119.jpg
IMG_20200622_143255.jpg

Need help finding a good restoration service for a couple pairs of reglues. Have three pairs of zoom generation IIs that need a full reglue. Any recommendations would be great. These are probably one of the hardest pairs to reglue have tried two other pairs with two different restorers and it never lasts more than 1 pair.

Attachments

• IMG_20200513_142618_MP.jpg
    IMG_20200513_142618_MP.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20200513_142611_MP.jpg
    IMG_20200513_142611_MP.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20200611_140849.jpg
    IMG_20200611_140849.jpg
    359.2 KB · Views: 56
Need some insight on how to clean my Hare 6’s I just got. Wore em to a dive bar where my shoes always seem to get dirty smh
From searching in the thread, suede eraser and suede brush start? I ordered the angelus suede eraser and brush kit off amazon to try out. Next step would be suede cleaner/spray and protector? Any recommendations as to that? I was going to order this Kiwi one off amazon as well. Is that the way to go?
KIWI Suede and Nubuck Shoe Cleaner Kit | For Shoes, Boots, and More | Includes Cleaner, Protector, Brush, Cloth, Eraser Block Amazon product ASIN B002ZG8WR0
Thanks in advance for the help G’s.

Attachments

• E7817ABA-58A0-4C31-BE47-65EAB273883F.jpeg
    E7817ABA-58A0-4C31-BE47-65EAB273883F.jpeg
    177.1 KB · Views: 34
  • F7AA6DA0-4626-493F-9376-679A44662C36.jpeg
    F7AA6DA0-4626-493F-9376-679A44662C36.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 50
Need some insight on how to clean my Hare 6’s I just got. Wore em to a dive bar where my shoes always seem to get dirty smh
From searching in the thread, suede eraser and suede brush start? I ordered the angelus suede eraser and brush kit off amazon to try out. Next step would be suede cleaner/spray and protector? Any recommendations as to that? I was going to order this Kiwi one off amazon as well. Is that the way to go?
KIWI Suede and Nubuck Shoe Cleaner Kit | For Shoes, Boots, and More | Includes Cleaner, Protector, Brush, Cloth, Eraser Block Amazon product ASIN B002ZG8WR0
I’d recommend the Angelus easy cleaner kit. Safe on suede and nubuck and comes with a soft bristle brush and microfiber towel. Normally I would say just use dawn blue dish soap and water but not on suede or the like.
55D96825-C7E2-4711-9FD1-7E1DE7D2E979.png

Hey, i got a pair of jordan 5 that as suede cracking and peeling any idea if i can fix them? If yes what tutorial/product do you suggest? (EU shop if possible)

I also got a pair of 3 sport blue that need a repaint any suggestion for a blue/white paint, which shop/product? i have added pictures, thank for the read have a good day
IMG_20200622_143058.jpg
IMG_20200622_143119.jpg
IMG_20200622_143255.jpg
Wish I could help more but from what I’ve read Angelus is definitely the brand for the paints and apparently you can tell them what shoe exactly you’re looking to work on and they can get you the exact 1:1 color you need. As for prep I would probably check John Manalo and Vick almighty YouTube videos for the whole restoration process. Not sure what could be done for the 5s but a repaint for the 3s should be doable.

IMG_20200622_143058.jpg
IMG_20200622_143119.jpg
IMG_20200622_143255.jpg

My 5’s did the same exact thing, and there’s nothing you can do about it. The craziest part is that I have a pair from 07 that didn’t have that issue at all. I guess they used nubuck in 07 instead of durabuck?

Wish I could help more but from what I’ve read Angelus is definitely the brand for the paints and apparently you can tell them what shoe exactly you’re looking to work on and they can get you the exact 1:1 color you need. As for prep I would probably check John Manalo and Vick almighty YouTube videos for the whole restoration process. Not sure what could be done for the 5s but a repaint for the 3s should be doable.

Okay i'll check them thanks.

My 5’s did the same exact thing, and there’s nothing you can do about it. The craziest part is that I have a pair from 07 that didn’t have that issue at all. I guess they used nubuck in 07 instead of durabuck?

I dont know, it sucks that there's nothing to do. Thanks for sharing information

Gonna be real careful using the washing machine going forward. 11s are pretty safe from what everything I’ve seen provided you use cold water and a pillowcase or wash bag for protection and obviously don’t use the dryer. Gotta new tip for whitening mesh no washing machine I’m gonna try out that’s not very involved but does use the uvb light

On another note. Has anyone ever tried on a memory foam pair of sketchers? It’s the most comfortable **** I’ve ever felt. Obviously not for performance for lounging casual. I just UNDSd an OG pair of 13s and before that I’ve already bought and returned 4 pair of memory foam insoles. They suck balls compared to the sketchers thick memory foam. The sketchers memory foam doesn’t last long though. I’m about to buy some memory foam to my liking and make my own insoles nice and thick and the most comfortable **** ever. Hoping it will be perfect for my OG 13s with dead zoom units. I just need to find out the right density memory foam. On the hunt for the memory foam.

I got these concords that I’m about to clean and then put em in one of my mesh wash bags lol ok I don’t know what the advantages are of the new honeycomb mesh vs the other types but whatever
5B2B6630-B69B-46E2-9CAF-9D233B32B6FB.png

The shoes

12431428-4EDF-4549-ADF5-891E0AE03F81.jpeg

Any tips on what to use in the wash cycle???
Definitely consider handwashing ONLY going future forward.

IMG_20200622_143058.jpg
IMG_20200622_143119.jpg
IMG_20200622_143255.jpg
Unfortunately by this point the shoes even if running rubber and upper restoration are too far gone. Future forward you may wanna consider conditioning the materials overall, think of it like having a sports car on foot. They need be cleaned up, polished up, nubuck leather synthetics conditioned etc to give them best chance to go the distance.
Need help finding a good restoration service for a couple pairs of reglues. Have three pairs of zoom generation IIs that need a full reglue. Any recommendations would be great. These are probably one of the hardest pairs to reglue have tried two other pairs with two different restorers and it never lasts more than 1 pair.
Whats your gluing process if you dont mind walking me through it?

Last edited:

I'm in the same boat. There are a number of points on the sole that can begin separating. Locally, I would get them done by your shoe repair. I don't know your location, but there's a guy I follow on IG who's nice with it. He's based in Rhode Island.

20200627_153800.jpg

20200627_153413.jpg

20200627_153538.jpg

20200627_153244.jpg

Sole sauce Saturdays.
Felt the ConcordJams could use some icing while working on the BigStage soles.
1/4 teaspoon dye to 1 tablespoon sauce of choice. Apply 2 thin even layers and following each layer at minimum an hour after wipe down excess dye with microfiber and acetone.

Hey dude I’ve been trying research the loss of traction thing. What sauce did you use when you lost traction? Trying to figure out why this happens to some. And apparently it is a permanent loss of traction not something you can easily remedy.

Not even gonna use the salon care 40 I got now. Will give it to my wife to use. Seems like a safer bet if using the Angelus brand. Haven’t seen anyone complain of loss of traction yet. Glad there’s so much info out there to research before I act.

Get some Just Suede from Nulifekicks. It's the TRUTH. Look up their work on insta. @nulifekicks

Hopefully someone else will chime in who actually owns a pair of durabuck shoes however considering it is a synthetic something you may wanna give a go is Trinovas Faux leather conditioner/cleaner.
Use it on some of the synthetic models on hand and works really well to keep them conditioned.
View attachment 2584345
Felt like adding onto the mesh post reply from the other day.
After breaking them out yesterday i felt as though i could get the white just a bit more crisp since running this technique out on a pair of 96 Grant Hills and having great results.
This is a post wash cycle technique...
After brushing off any dirt on the sole went ahead and soaked them in water along with a half cup vinegar over night.
Cold rinse and prepare the bluing agent in this case Mrs. Stewarts but honestly any dye along with vinegar or an acid based dye in water will do.
Youll want to actual see the solution so i use a gentleman's glass.
Add enough dye to the water making it almost deep blue while contained but goes on rather clear when applied with paint brush.
Dip and liberally brush directly on the mesh itself then apply in similar fashion some white vinegar. Optional but even though the patent is conditioned from before i wrapped a towel around the toe and set out under direct sunlight to air dry. The vinegar smell will be burnt away by the sun.
Feel free to repeat the process until the mesh is bluish similar to the photo. Something learned is that nylon has a very high resistance to dyeing and so getting it to that hue will really ensure very crisp results likened to the 96s below.

After a day in the sun is finished lightly hot followed by cold rinse the mesh, preference is with a toothbrush. Were not resaturating here just brushing away any dust excess dye and such with hot followed by locking the dye in with the cold water.
And your done. Bloat dry the insides and such and set out to air dry over night, bonus points for setting under uv lights, 60 up top 30 to the front is whats in garage corner as pictured.

If for whatever reason the mark has been missed and things are a bit too blue never fear as a short hot ammonia soak will help dial things back, just keep an eye because itll strip the dye completely if left in too long.

View attachment 2584404

View attachment 2584405
Basically whats going on here is drizzling* helps force additional dye into the fabric by way of sunlight/uv vinegar and dye if for instance post wash/soak/dry they came out a little duller then desired. Always wait until the outer at minimum is fully dry as the fabric will typically look very different immediately following vs fully dried. As usual ive probably left something out so feel free to toss up any questions either here or direct.
How does the blue dye go away? From the sun or rinsing ?

Back
Top Bottom