:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by jpena0306

thanks guys for the input! yea i wanted to get the all white air assaults but i saw the blue ones over at the nike outlet for $29.99 and plus i didn't want to wait for shipping and pay more. i'm not really sure what glue i'm going to use i'm probably going to try two different glues like epoxy down the middle of the soles and gorilla glue along the edging of the midsoles. i thought my dad would have a dremel lying around the house but unfortunately he doesn't. do you guys know an alternative to the dremel? and another thing is there an easier way to remove the excess foam? cuz i swear i'm going to end up losing a finger or two over these shoes lol
i hear you about the losing the finger or two method. it took me forever just to clean one shoe and what a mess it was! can't really think ofanother alternative to the dremmel except maybe a knife sharpening stone. since you're using a steak knife
laugh.gif
why don't you try to go to your local supermarket and ask if they have freeknife sharpening? it's worth a shot and most of them offer this if you ask.

i am beginning a project with a pair of shadow grey jordan 1's. i wanted to know HOW DO YOU PREPARE NUBUCK FOR PAINTING ON? do i need to sand, use somesort of solvent, what??? please help, i cannot start until i figure out how to prepare them. thanks a lot.

Originally Posted by FPSee

Originally Posted by backyardrsx

The print on my 01 true blue 3's are fading a bit. What are you guys using to make the print look dark again?
wood burning pen works best.

how much are those? i have a soldering iron, do you think that'll work?

wut up guys i have a pair of blk/infared 2000 VIs w/ a pin head size scratch toward the middle of the toe box and the toe box is faded. how do i correct thescratch and return the natural color to the toe box? thnx.

nike should have a restoration program i would love to be able to wear my wht/red xiii again,im scared to take them to some shoe place thats why u wear urshoes these are the only ones i didnt wear

Originally Posted by Baller23217

Is there anyone in the atlanta area that I could pay to restore my XI's? They just need some glue for the sole, seaglow treatment, and the Barkeeper's Friend treatment.

Would also consider shipping them to someone to do it...

anyone have a lot of experience and would be willing to do this for me for some cash? PM me.
anybody?
embarassed.gif

^ I myself tried this with no luck. The netting is thin and the seaglow actually made it brittle and crack. It did not clear like the soles.

What is best way to clean cool grey 11s? all of the grey material is a little dingy and i wanna clean. i cant tell if that is suede or what. i have suedecleaner but im thinking soap and water might work better if its not suede

Originally Posted by Error on page

wut up guys i have a pair of blk/infared 2000 VIs w/ a pin head size scratch toward the middle of the toe box and the toe box is faded. how do i correct the scratch and return the natural color to the toe box? thnx.
so is the scratch like a chipped area of the nubuck? if so i don't know of anything you can do to act as a filler for the scratch. as far asthe fading of the toebox your best bet is to probably get some angelus dye to bring it back to the black color again.

Originally Posted by freshdunks44

What is best way to clean cool grey 11s? all of the grey material is a little dingy and i wanna clean. i cant tell if that is suede or what. i have suede cleaner but im thinking soap and water might work better if its not suede
i don't have a pair of cool grey xi's so i'm not familiar with the texture of the shoe. if the material is soft in texture like suedeor nubuck i would get a suede/nubuck spray or foam cleaner for that area. if it's not suede/nubuck material and is similiar to the columbia xi's, whichi think it is, soap and water will work fine to clean them up.

Hey I recently received an OG pair of DS White and Black XIIIs the pods of them have yellowed. I want to try and restore them by painting the pods white. Whatkind of paint do I used and where can it be found?

Thanks!!

Is there anyone in the atlanta area that I could pay to restore my XI's? They just need some glue for the sole, seaglow treatment, and the Barkeeper's Friend treatment.

anyone have a lot of experience and would be willing to do this for me for some cash? PM me.
anybody?
embarassed.gif
in my honest opinion this shoe isn't the hardest to clean up and restore. it's really easy compared to other shoes i've cleaned up andrestore over time. if you don't trust yourself with the barkeeper's friend, use the rit whitener. it's a lot safer to apply and you won't screwup your shoes. as far as the glue, get clear shoe goo as this works best imo for xi's. depending on what areas your glueing, you'll either need a clampor rubber bands or something heavy like a rock to apply pressure. shoe goo does take a little longer to dry but is very strong and holds up well. you cansubstitute epoxy glue if you want a quicker drying time if you lack patience. for the sea glow, the amount you need for them will depend on how bad the soleshave yellowed over the years. a lot of scrubbing will be involved with either the 3m pad or sandpaper to apply the sea glow. make sure there's plenty ofsunlight available when you do the sea glow. it doesn't have to be hot outside, just sunny. i do think you can do this job because it's not ascomplicated as it may seem.

Does anybody know how to clean the inner fabric of the XIIIs? My CDP XIIIs are getting a little dingy and I don't know what type of cleaning device to usefor them.

Originally Posted by FPSee

The print on my 01 true blue 3's are fading a bit. What are you guys using to make the print look dark again?
wood burning pen works best.

how much are those? i have a soldering iron, do you think that'll work?

its around $12-$25 depending on brand.

Originally Posted by nikehead504

can you glue the 23 in the back of the xi
im pretty sure the 23 is paint.

wut up guys i have a pair of blk/infared 2000 VIs w/ a pin head size scratch toward the middle of the toe box and the toe box is faded. how do i correct the scratch and return the natural color to the toe box? thnx.

need pictures for the scratch. for the fade, use baby oil

anybody?
embarassed.gif

there's a lot of users on ISS that do restorations.
Originally Posted by freshxxx2death

will sea glow fix the yellowing netting on the v's?

yes

Originally Posted by freshdunks44

What is best way to clean cool grey 11s? all of the grey material is a little dingy and i wanna clean. i cant tell if that is suede or what. i have suede cleaner but im thinking soap and water might work better if its not suede
Suede...? in the ankle area right?

Originally Posted by tek9pnda

Hey I recently received an OG pair of DS White and Black XIIIs the pods of them have yellowed. I want to try and restore them by painting the pods white. What kind of paint do I used and where can it be found?

Thanks!!

its already been discussed about, especially the last few pages. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION. you've been here long enough to have 2k+ posts, you should by nowknow how to use it.

Originally Posted by DbBallin09

Does anybody know how to clean the inner fabric of the XIIIs? My CDP XIIIs are getting a little dingy and I don't know what type of cleaning device to use for them.
dingy? sorry, dont know what "dingy" is.

hey fam I was wondering if yall could help me out, my nubucks got wet the other day and I was wondering what yall would do to restore faded nubucks becausesadly mine have faded, but just some parts of the toe box. I was wondering if you guys would recomend meltonian suede renew to restore the faded parts. Ireally love these and I wouldn't want them to become beaters bcuz of some faded parts. So plz help me out guys.

were I live its 5 degrees outside, w/ that said how big a factor is the temp when using seaglow and whats the alternative?

Originally Posted by DbBallin09

^^^^^
The inner fabric of the XIIIs is getting dirty and isn't white anymore. Need to know how to get it back white again

you can use RIT or BFK. i used BFK inside, it works.
Originally Posted by FlipSoleSkyline

hey fam I was wondering if yall could help me out, my nubucks got wet the other day and I was wondering what yall would do to restore faded nubucks because sadly mine have faded, but just some parts of the toe box. I was wondering if you guys would recomend meltonian suede renew to restore the faded parts. I really love these and I wouldn't want them to become beaters bcuz of some faded parts. So plz help me out guys.
i havent tried "meltonian suede renew" you can try looking for reviews on the product. what color is the suede?
Originally Posted by Michaelfoooo

what do I use to clean my white melvins??????

thanks in advance

was the big font and bold necessary? anyways. RIT or BFK.

Originally Posted by Air Kalo

Originally Posted by 3dgarfly23

Originally Posted by Air Kalo

When repainting midoles with Angelus paints, which finisher is best to use?

nerd.gif

sorry not my specialty, but you can look on ISS. they have a lot of info and details on paints and finishers than NT.

were I live its 5 degrees outside, w/ that said how big a factor is the temp when using seaglow and whats the alternative?

just as long as you have sunlight hitting the shoes, your good. Seaglow is activated by the UV rays of the sun. alternative is, fluorescent lights. there'sinfo on the lights on ISS also.

thanks FPSee, ive tried the nubuck cleaner from footlocker but it didn't help, its looking like dry/ashy. so im trying for dye, the meltonian suede renewis an aerosol version. oh and theyre the black nubucks.

Back
Top Bottom