OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

SPAC-fan calling in a favor...

I'm holding a bit of GHVI, merging with Matterport in the coming weeks. It's basically the Streetview of indoor spaces and tonight I decided to check it out. I Googled US real estate, clicked on the top link "Zillow," typed 90210 because it's the only US zip code I know, looked at the listings and clicked on one marked 3D tour. After fooling around in 3D homes, it felt somewhat lacking to go back to regular "slide show" tours. Can any one of you check your preferred real estate site or Zillow and drop your two cents on 3D tours. You think, this is a gimmick or is this something?

Here's a couple of examples:
https://www.zillow.com/homes/342-N-Palm-Dr-E-Beverly-Hills,-CA-90210_rb/2070481410_zpid/?mmlb=p,0

Appreciated
200w.gif

I’m actually house hunting right now and I prefer 3D tours over regular slide shows. Ofcourse not every seller knows about it though and in the end of the day you’re still going to go in person to look at it.

Yeah... trust, but verify.

When I checked listings, I saw plenty of both "slides" and tours. My thoughts revolve around, whether this has the potential to become an industry standard.

Reactions: ASE
3D tours will eventually become the norm in listings, but I think its a pandemic play tbh.

Definitely pandemic had a role.

Depending on which housing market you are in, it may be extremely helpful to save time and really pick out ones you want to see. Places around here are going in less than 24 hours sometimes, ridiculous.

From a realtor's perspective....

Here in MD, with as crazy as the market has been, a lot of realtors (including myself) aren't forking over the extra money to pay for the virtual tours because it isn't necessary. Inventory is so low that the houses are going to sell regardless.

Beginning to mid pandemic the virtual tours were necessary because a lot of people weren't really willing to come out to shop around. Only wanted to come see a house if they were sure it was a fit, and the virtual tours helped that.

If the market goes "back to normal", or something close, then you might see more agents start to do it.

Greatly appreciate the insight B Sox B Sox

I don't think, I'll add more at the moment. I'm in it semi-modestly and maybe that's good enough.

CML Pro spotlight pick number 3 gets announced at 1130 EST today.

Now that we're emerging from the bear market in growth that was short lived, how did y'all do? A lot of you newcomers never saw anything like that, I hope you used that experience to improve your perspective and show you where to focus your attention.

Last edited:
might be time to invest commodities, y'all throwing around hot topics like y'all never heard of insider trading.

Back
Top Bottom