OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Is Ford a play with their electric F150 going into production?
Do you apply a TSLA-like multiple to their EF150 or keep valuing that revenue stream like their existing business?

I ask that because F has had a crazy run this year already. If we value the E F150 like their other cars, not sure how much that improves their forward looking value. If we value it like a discount-TSLA then buy as much F as you can :lol:

Last edited:
Do you apply a TSLA-like multiple to their EF150 or keep valuing that revenue stream like their existing business?

I ask that because F has had a crazy run this year already. If we value the E F150 like their other cars, not sure how much that improves their forward looking value. If we value it like a discount-TSLA then buy as much F as you can :lol:

I just think about their fleet sales, something the retail consumer rarely thinks about. If the EF150 is enticing enough for companies to switch, it will be interesting to see where it goes. I think Ford has their own sector of customers that don't overlap with TSLA, I'd imagine they will market themselves as "the working man's electric car company."

Theres a reason Ford is where it’s at

And despite the reasons I stated above, this is the reality. I'm still hesitant to even think about buying in to Ford. I've never had much confidence in American car manufacturers.

Is Ford a play with their electric F150 going into production?

I'm personally bullish on Ford, but I also just bought a new F-150 (Lariat Powerboost Hybrid, with built-in generator inside of the bed 220v) and previously worked for them (as did my dad, grandpa, and great grandpa). That said, their total # of outstanding shares is almost 4 billion, while Tesla only has 1 billion. Ford has way more shares and will never be valued the same.

I think they are somewhat of a sleeper in the EV wars, though. F-150's sell like 700k+ a year and if this Lightning is as bad *** as it looks, I think they have a hit. They just bumped up their first year production estimates by double to 80k, and already have 150k reservations. Their estimated range was like 300 miles, but that was also with 1000lbs in the bed. Ford trucks + new Bronco + Mach-E + electric Transit delivery van - they seem like they're starting to not be an old dinosaur, and starting to get their **** together

Every eF150 takes away from their ice f150 which i hear is their meal ticket. Theybarent adding to their total sales. But its all about batteries and software. If anyone could get a steady stream then they might be able o survive the transition

Yeah it's a paid subscription. It was like $150 for the year to get their Stock Advisor service. They recommended Asana (ASAN) today. Some other recent recs that are near or below their price at recommendation are LMND, APPN, JD, FVRR.
They any good?

CML Pro >

I do have some concerns for PINS based on some rumored MAUs. If it becomes a pattern of decreasing users, the thesis could change. But staying long for now.

Yeah it's a paid subscription. It was like $150 for the year to get their Stock Advisor service. They recommended Asana (ASAN) today. Some other recent recs that are near or below their price at recommendation are LMND, APPN, JD, FVRR.

Chopper Chopper I subscribe to 7Investing for their picks every month. I really enjoy their podcast and their takes on their picks in different sectors. You interested in swapping picks from Motley fool and 7Investing every month? I don't want to buy another subscription :lol:

Back
Top Bottom