OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Things turned badly after news of Omicron in the US. I know things will bounce back but some of those dips are painful. I'm surprised to see Square down so much. Not long ago it was near $250.

I think Cathie took the "the new normal" phrase a bit too far. She went all the way in on these so-called "pandemic picks."

Folks are out here selling assets for fiat because of tapering while inflation is high. NGMI

Where do you get your information from? Do you have a background in economics?

Do you understand what caused inflation? Why do you think it will last?

Do you understand that Powell has been lying about inflation for the past year because he wanted to keep his job. And in his first speech since he kept his job for another 4 years, he all but admitted that he was lying. You think it's a coincidence that he said "it's time to retire the word 'transitory'" right after he secured his job for another term? He's pivoting for a reason, it's not coincidence.

3 weeks ago, Biden said that his biggest priority is to fight inflation. In the past week, the Fed Chairman has switched his stance on inflation by 180 degrees.

There's a reason why stay-at-home stocks didn't shoot upwards once this omicron variant news came out and the reason is pretty obvious: the market no longer believes that the Fed's priority is to keep rates low to increase employment, they now believe that the Fed's priority is fighting inflation.

If you know of some secret way to fight inflation besides raising rates, please tell me.

Funny how you guys brush off tapering.

Tapering is a bridge to increasing rates.

Rates need to be increased in order to fight inflation. That's the only way to fight inflation.

Inflation was rampant in the 1970's. Around 1975, the interest rate was about 5%. By 1981, that **** was at 20%. They crashed the markets because they needed to fight inflation.

Increasing the interest rate from the current 0% to 1% or 2% isn't going to defeat inflation, just like raising the rate from 5% to 7% wasn't going to work in the late 1970's.

Y'all in for a rude awakening at some point.

So we should sell all of our assets for something that’s bleeding in value every year at a higher than because of this rude awakening?

You realize the Fed isn’t going to cut off everything overnight and is still buying tons of bonds and will continue doing that throughout the decade, just at a gradually slower pace.

You realize the Fed isn’t going to cut off everything overnight and is still buying tons of bonds and will continue doing that throughout the decade, just at a gradually slower pace.
Is it still a decrease of 15B per month til we get to 0 in mid ‘22? Wild how omicron hits at the same time but I guess jpow isn’t too worried about it… feels like there’s some sell off and tax harvesting before 22 comes with worries of higher taxes next year. All hitting at once :smh:

2020 had 5 years of gains packed into one bull run

That’s the story

everything else is noise

profit taking, consolidation, panic and fear are normalizing responses to the chaos of 2020

2022 probably is a nice crab market

closed out shop and GLBE for gains, MQ for a loss. Will close roku if it loses 200

nowhere near a bear, but I’m not giving money back short term

Something to add to the reading list:

“The Great Mutual Fund Trap”

authored by Gary Gensler

Dude DO NOT BRING GARY IN HERE

You starting to upset me in multiple threads man

Neumann might be right on klima

a book from the SEC chair likely contains valuable knowledge

I’ll learn from any figure, even if they are unpopular

Neumann might be right on klima

a book from the SEC chair likely contains valuable knowledge

I’ll learn from any figure, even if they are unpopular

Adam is hopping on a popular idea and trying to sound like an expert in it - the technicals are a foreign language to him, he’s out of his element

Back
Top Bottom