OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

I feel like we can say the same thing about almost half the names in the Qs right now that people are saying about PTON. Unprofitable tech is getting hammered, rates are moving which doesn't help. This may be a special case where you just don't trust the business model but can't sell based off recent performance.

Over a third of the Qs are off 50%

What’s the thought process behind still holding pton?

Cuz it’s not a loss until you sell? Can’t get any worse so might as well hold?

Today is Jan 20 ….. say you have $x invested in pton , or you could have the same $x in aapl, msft, amd, or any other stock, would you choose pton? Then sell it… help me understand. What matters is where the stock will go from Jan 20 on, right?

Can’t sell if you never bought - warned all of y’all from day 1

Can’t sell if you never bought - warned all of y’all from day 1
I hear u

But use my questions in general , not specific to pton. Someone goes long on a stock, maybe it has some good days, weeks, months….. thesis has changed, it’s a major loser, people still hold for what??
Change pton for Curi then 😂😂

Not much into PTON (less than 1%) so I’m just gonna let it ride. Definitely didn’t get in at a high point but hell. Let’s see where it goes.

Same thing with PINS lol.

I hear u

But use my questions in general , not specific to pton. Someone goes long on a stock, maybe it has some good days, weeks, months….. thesis has changed, it’s a major loser, people still hold for what??
Change pton for Curi then 😂😂

But the thesis on CURI didn’t change.

Regardless - it’s all about taking profits when possible (which I did on CURI).

I feel like we can say the same thing about almost half the names in the Qs right now that people are saying about PTON. Unprofitable tech is getting hammered, rates are moving which doesn't help. This may be a special case where you just don't trust the business model but can't sell based off recent performance.

Over a third of the Qs are off 50%

LoL. These companies are not going back to their fake values anytime soon. The jig is up. The last two years wasn't the real stock market, it was a period of irrational exuberance that seems to come around every 20-ish years.

The Fed tried to bypass the Covid Crash and the only way to do that was to set the economy up for a bigger crash. These are the early stages of that crash. These stocks had NO BUSINESS being valued that high to begin with, it was all incompetency.

There's so many companies that have dropped 65-85% but the media isn't covering it.

Draftkings is down from $74 to $20.
FuboTV is down from $55 to $11.
Peloton is down from $150 to $25.
Robinhood is down from $85 to $13.

I'm not sure why people think this is a pullback or that tech stocks are "getting hammered right now." Tech stocks are not being punished, these prices are a better reflection of actual value than the nonsense that was happening the past two years.

It's like saying dogecoin is getting hammered right now... no, it was worthless to begin with, the value was always fake.

The Fed created a huge problem and the only way to solve that problem is to undo the fake-fix that they implemented.

It's like when a girl gets huge breast implants and then starts having problems a few years later. What's the only way to fix it? Her big breasts were never real, they have to go back to their actual size or the problem won't get resolved.

LoL. These companies are not going back to their fake values anytime soon. The jig is up. The last two years wasn't the real stock market, it was a period of irrational exuberance that seems to come around every 20-ish years.

The Fed tried to bypass the Covid Crash and the only way to do that was to set the economy up for a bigger crash. These are the early stages of that crash. These stocks had NO BUSINESS being valued that high to begin with, it was all incompetency.

There's so many companies that have dropped 65-85% but the media isn't covering it.

Draftkings is down from $74 to $20.
FuboTV is down from $55 to $11.
Peloton is down from $150 to $25.
Robinhood is down from $85 to $13.

I'm not sure why people think this is a pullback or that tech stocks are "getting hammered right now." Tech stocks are not being punished, these prices are a better reflection of actual value than the nonsense that was happening the past two years.

It's like saying dogecoin is getting hammered right now... no, it was worthless to begin with, the value was always fake.

The Fed created a huge problem and the only way to solve that problem is to undo the fake-fix that they implemented.

It's like when a girl gets huge breast implants and then starts having problems a few years later. What's the only way to fix it? Her big breasts were never real, they have to go back to their actual size or the problem won't get resolved.

A BEAR BIGGER THAN ME DOES EXIST!

It is what it is. I mean we were positive 10/12 months last year. This is as bound to happen.
Oh yeah, trust me I DONT CARE at all. I practice what I preach. If you believe in capitalism then you should be invested.

I started combing through this piece https://www.gmo.com/americas/research-library/let-the-wild-rumpus-begin/

I like to read a bear thesis every now and again even though I don't agree. Guy is a perma bear though. One day he will be right and then ride that wave for another decade. Thats how the perma bears work. Its a grift.

I also like the JPM and GS 2022 outlook pieces.

But the thesis on CURI didn’t change.

Regardless - it’s all about taking profits when possible (which I did on CURI).

Cmon man, you do not have to lie to kick it. You were pumping that thing HEAVY for a long time at $13+. It's been on a steady decline since you were pumping it in here. Just take the L.

Cmon man, you do not have to lie to kick it. You were pumping that thing HEAVY for a long time at $13+. It's been on a steady decline since you were pumping it in here. Just take the L.

It seems like you forgot it went to 23 just a year ago b lmao

I’ve reported all my losses in here - the point is the CURI thesis hasn’t changed it’s a growth stock. PTON wasn’t.

Back
Top Bottom