OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

the-revenant-leonardo-di-caprio.gif

rick.jpg

My portfolio...

Trend line still in tact. Almost. Need to drop a little more.

^^ this is the perspective to keep in mind. Threw together a very rough chart for the next 20 - two yellows are on the 20 year trend, and the red is more hyperbolic in-line with historical performance.

Might be stormy now (and for a while to come) but keep the perspective in terms of timeline and all should be OK in the long run. Hang in there!

40 yr chart.png

Just saw stock lending on rh, can someone explain this to me?

And is anywhere here doing it and can share their experience

I also have fidelity, should I just transfer everything over there or do you guys suggest another plat

They're a trash platform that takes advantage of low information users to profit off of lack of knowledge and terrible interface masquerading as "ease of use". Not saying you're their target, just their general business plan. Its worse than most brokerages.

How do they profit?

RH sells the upstream/downstream flow order info to bigger houses. Plus it’s possible you don’t even truly own the stocks/shares you think you own. Direct register your shares asap if you plan to hold.

1c3m4m 1c3m4m BROTHER it is all love - I have talked about RH so much in here over the course of the last 5 years I thought you knew!

na bro i appreciate it! trust me i have my issues with rh because they duped me before so you telling me is the nail in the coffin

just need to decide on which platform i should convert to

not gonna lie rh interface is easy and simple thats why i stuck with it

RH sells the upstream/downstream flow order info to bigger houses. Plus it’s possible you don’t even truly own the stocks/shares you think you own. Direct register your shares asap if you plan to hold.

How you been my man!? Happy almost summer

I think the Robinhood slander is a little much honestly.

I’ve used them, etrade, fidelity, ameritrade, coinbase, etc and they’ve actually been the best from a user perspective.

They make it super easy to buy stocks.
They make it easy to deposit
They make it easy to withdraw

I put them in the same category as Coinbase. My distrust of them is mostly because they haven’t been around for a long time - and investing for some of us is simply a 30 year long game. I’d rather do it on a platform like fidelity or ameritrade that is a little less user friendly but has been around decades.

I think the Robinhood slander is a little much honestly.

I’ve used them, etrade, fidelity, ameritrade, coinbase, etc and they’ve actually been the best from a user perspective.

They make it super easy to buy stocks.
They make it easy to deposit
They make it easy to withdraw

I put them in the same category as Coinbase. My distrust of them is mostly because they haven’t been around for a long time - and investing for some of us is simply a 30 year long game. I’d rather do it on a platform like fidelity or ameritrade that is a little less user friendly but has been around decades.

Thank you for your input

Anyone else wanna chime in

True i’m speaking from personal experience and from what I’ve read and researched about them. Not advocating for them. They have problems just like any other young startup company. It’s why I switched to Fidelity because all I do is buy and hold. That said, when problems are related to .01% of users i’m not ready to put them on the chopping block yet when they have a lot of positives.

72998754-E851-4F29-8DE4-D11860822B8C.jpeg

Those high volume days aren’t common but they disabled buying and even executed sales/sells for many during that first gme ramp up and drop. I used to have them. On more than 2 occasions, their app would freeze up and the execution of trades seemed to just stop for many hours. I lost quite a bit showing I sold something on a screenshot. But hours later, it was never executed? Yuck.

As a long less frequently used platform, I think they’re right on par with others. I just wouldn’t trust them with any real money on a day trading type basis. . They’re full of excuses. It’s no wonder their stock price has dropped since going public.

Back
Top Bottom